Windows 10: Credentials Login issue on new computer added to small Win 10 network

Discus and support Credentials Login issue on new computer added to small Win 10 network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have had 3 computers running perfectly on a Win 10 network. Each computer can see and access each other perfectly with no logins etc required.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RonE5, Jul 13, 2019.

1. RonE5 Win User

Credentials Login issue on new computer added to small Win 10 network

Hi

I have had 3 computers running perfectly on a Win 10 network. Each computer can see and access each other perfectly with no logins etc required.

But I have now added another Win10 computer but am having issues with Network Credentials being required.

This new PC can see and access one of the others without any login. But for the others it is asking for a Network Credentials login in order to be able to access them.

One of the existing ones can see and access the new one. The other two can see it but are requiring credentials login.

How do I get rid of any credentials requirement on all computers.

All are set up with full file sharing etc as far as I can see. Password protection is off on all of them and all belong to the same workgroup

I want everything to see everything else without any logins required

Thanks

Credentials Login issue on new computer added to small Win 10 network credentialsinspiron1907.JPG.d985fa19a068742301bc9d7f6df08cb7.jpg

:)

RonE5, Jul 13, 2019
  2. batlhilz Win User

Network Credentials

add a password to your sharing machines logon, try login then with the same credentials but using "XXXXXX\username" as the login where the xxxxx is the sharing computer name. (remember big letters)

batlhilz, Jul 13, 2019
  3. patrickg Win User
    New prompt for Network Credentials on W10 not seen before.

Multiple computers on wireless net. Some W7 and one W10. Files visible on any computer from any computer and then a second W10 computer was added. Attempts to access its files or to use it to access files on any of the other computers elicits a small window/prompt for Network Credentials: Username and Password.

What username? What password? Suggestions?

TIA for any actionable suggestions.

Patrick

patrickg, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Credentials Login issue on new computer added to small Win 10 network

option to change the login credentials on Windows 10 computer

Hello Ankit,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

We would like to know if you have received any email when you say Microsoft gave me an option to change the login credentials on my Windows 10 computer

Again, please be informed that in order to change the Login ID credentials, you need to access you Microsoft Account at the first place, in this case which would be recovering the Microsoft Account(MSA).

I suggest you to follow the recommended link which was earlier suggested.

Getting back into your Microsoft account if it’s been compromised

Once you recover your MSA, you can refer to the below steps to change the credentials.

• Login to https://login.live.com.
    • Specify the current Windows live ID and password in the available fields and click
      Sign in.
    • On Microsoft account page, make sure that Overview category is selected from the left pane.
    • From the right pane, click Rename account under Account summary.
    • From the right pane of the next page, make sure that Create a new email address radio button is selected under
      Rename your Microsoft account.

Hope it helps this time.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Credentials Login issue on new computer added to small Win 10 network

1. Credentials Login issue on new computer added to small Win 10 network - Similar Threads - Credentials Login issue

2. Windows 10 Login Issue, computer not recognizing credentials

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Login Issue, computer not recognizing credentials: I'm using an HP Gaming Laptop running Windows 10.Last night I updated my computer's bios. After I started my computer last night, Windows mentioned on the login screen that my login pin had been reset. After sometime of struggling to remember my username and password I was...
  3. Windows 10 Login Issue, computer not recognizing credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Login Issue, computer not recognizing credentials: I'm using an HP Gaming Laptop running Windows 10.Last night I updated my computer's bios. After I started my computer last night, Windows mentioned on the login screen that my login pin had been reset. After sometime of struggling to remember my username and password I was...
  4. Windows 10 Login Issue, computer not recognizing credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Window 10 Azure Ad computer login issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Azure Ad computer login issues: We have now had 4 machines with issues having no login screen showing after a reboot of their device and install of the June 2022 patch. In this release they stated there is an issue with ARM devices and the logins but I do not have ARM devices. At this moment we have been...
  6. Window 10 Azure Ad computer login issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 Azure Ad computer login issues: We have now had 4 machines with issues having no login screen showing after a reboot of their device and install of the June 2022 patch. In this release they stated there is an issue with ARM devices and the logins but I do not have ARM devices. At this moment we have been...
  7. Window 10 Azure Ad computer login issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. AD credentials refresh after login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AD credentials refresh after login: Hi, We are implementing an AD infrastructure, and we ran into an issue with remote colleagues: they login remotely so with stored ad credentials, and after that they open a VPN to the office. When they try to access shared resources, they get denied, as thy are not actually...
  9. Networked computer won't recognize Microsoft login credentials

Networked computer won't recognize Microsoft login credentials: I have two Dell laptops. Both are on the same home network, and I set up both for sharing files and folders. One computer, let's call it SilverDell, uses a Microsoft account for access, the other, let's call it BlackDell, uses another method of access. SilverDell can access...
  10. WIN 10 Machine asking for Network Credentials.

WIN 10 Machine asking for Network Credentials.: My Newer PC that was working well and connected to my small network is now asking for Network Credentials. I have never had any in the first place. I have tried turning Passwords ON and OFF in the NETWORK Settings. (As suggested) still not able to open other PC'S File. Both...