Windows 10: Credentials Manager to view stored Passwords

Discus and support Credentials Manager to view stored Passwords in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, I was trying to locate a stored password through Credentials Manager. Everything went fine till the time I clicked the 'show' button against... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AamirSami, Jul 2, 2020.

1. AamirSami Win User

Credentials Manager to view stored Passwords

Hi all,

I was trying to locate a stored password through Credentials Manager. Everything went fine till the time I clicked the 'show' button against the desired stored credentials. A window popped up asking : 'Please verify your credentials to view the stored passwords';

assuming it to be my window live password I entered it, but got a negative response saying 'The username or password you entered is incorrect'.

As I have not set a password to log in to windows 10, I fail to understand which password is the Credential manager asking for?

Can someone please help?

Aamir Sami

:)

AamirSami, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Steeboo Win User

Managing Credentials with no password

I am referring to the CREDENTIAL MANAGER - which, as I am logged in to my laptop - with NO user name / password (I chose to bypass this at build) - doesn't let me view MY OWN list of passwords !!!

How do I view MY OWN password list ?

Also - why was the response above - marked as THE ANSWER ?

It was NOT the answer and I feel that in assuming that it was the answer is PRESUMPTUOUS !!

I have removed this assumption....

Steeboo, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Steeboo Win User
    Managing Credentials with no password

The CREDENTIAL MANAGER - which, as I am logged in to my laptop - with NO user name / password (I chose to bypass this at build) - doesn't let me view
    MY OWN list of passwords !!!

How do I view MY OWN password list ?

Steeboo, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Credentials Manager to view stored Passwords

Credential Manager passwords

Hello i'm Timon and i'm glad to help you.

For security reasons, you can't view the passwords stored in credential manager.

Credentials Manager avoids re-entering the password each time.

Jimmy_Timon, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Credentials Manager to view stored Passwords

1. Credentials Manager to view stored Passwords - Similar Threads - Credentials Manager view

2. How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?: When I try to view my saved passwords, it has a user name that I did not set up. How can I change that user name and add a password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-view-my-saved-passwords-in-credential/42b35076-908a-4181-af0e-66a16fc55f30
  3. How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?: When I try to view my saved passwords, it has a user name that I did not set up. How can I change that user name and add a password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-view-my-saved-passwords-in-credential/42b35076-908a-4181-af0e-66a16fc55f30
  4. How can I view my saved passwords in credential manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. View Windows Credentials Password in Credential Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View Windows Credentials Password in Credential Manager?: Hello,I would like to view the password I have highlighted in the included screenshot link.There aren't any options to view it, and attempts to edit the password have seemingly failed as the password does not update. I have also tried restarting the PC to no avail.I can...
  6. View Windows Credentials Password in Credential Manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View Windows Credentials Password in Credential Manager?: Hello,I would like to view the password I have highlighted in the included screenshot link.There aren't any options to view it, and attempts to edit the password have seemingly failed as the password does not update. I have also tried restarting the PC to no avail.I can...
  7. I can't view my saved passwords using credential manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't view my saved passwords using credential manager: HiI am having this issue with credential manager not showing my passwords for several years and I use workarounds which are not efficient. So I decided to ask about it here.When I try yo view my saved passwords, say to use it on my phone, I go to edge setting, and I find the...
  8. Credential Manager passwords

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Credential Manager passwords: In the control panel >credential manager >after expanded I cant view my passwords how do i display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/credential-manager-passwords/adbd9b22-b8e0-4a8a-8a48-b96217641562
  9. Cannot use PIN code to view passwords using Credential Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot use PIN code to view passwords using Credential Manager: When viewing passwords in credential manager I usually type in my PIN number when prompted but now it wont take it and keeps asking for userid and password. I have tried several ids but it doesnt work. I prefer to use my PIN. I have no problems logging in to windows using my...
  10. Recover Password to Credential Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recover Password to Credential Manager: I thought that this was the same as Windows password, but it is not. My user name is shown, not email is that correct? If so how do I recover or change this password? I need this to uncover a site password....