Windows 10: credentials needed message

Discus and support credentials needed message in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all Constantly receiving this mssg from Gmail. Pretty sure its a scam but how do I stop it please? Many Thanks Tracie... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TraciejB, Jan 5, 2021.

1. TraciejB Win User

credentials needed message

Hi all

Constantly receiving this mssg from Gmail.

Pretty sure its a scam but how do I stop it please?

Many Thanks

Tracie

:)

TraciejB, Jan 5, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Jan 5, 2021
  4. credentials needed message

Credentials

Hi,

The warning message that you encountered about your credentials can be caused by an improper configuration or a possible incorrect login details. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Are you trying to sign in to your apps using a different device? If not, are you signing in through a remote desktop setup?
    • When are you getting the error message? Could you attach a screenshot on your next post to help us better identify the issue.
    • Have you tried using your account on another device? If yes, did you encounter the same error?

If you used your Microsoft account to sign in and got the same error, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    support article on how to reset your password to rule out any incorrect credentials issues.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

credentials needed message

1. credentials needed message - Similar Threads - credentials needed message

2. ‎A "Windows needs your current credentials" message appears‎

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ‎A "Windows needs your current credentials" message appears‎: Hello, We are on a Full Cloud environment with Windows Hello for Business enabled. When logging in via PIN, we get a "Windows needs your current credentials" message that appears after a few seconds. We've tried changing the PIN code + reboot and we've tried changing the...
  3. ‎A "Windows needs your current credentials" message appears‎

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ‎A "Windows needs your current credentials" message appears‎: Hello, We are on a Full Cloud environment with Windows Hello for Business enabled. When logging in via PIN, we get a "Windows needs your current credentials" message that appears after a few seconds. We've tried changing the PIN code + reboot and we've tried changing the...
  4. ‎A "Windows needs your current credentials" message appears‎

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Enter Network Credentials message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter Network Credentials message: Good morning. Have new Windows 11 on new computer. I need to view video files ,avi, .cme, and different video specifically from different clients. Some videos come from clients with a Player file to download first and then view the files. Now when I try to view videos it...
  6. Enter Network Credentials message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enter Network Credentials message: Good morning. Have new Windows 11 on new computer. I need to view video files ,avi, .cme, and different video specifically from different clients. Some videos come from clients with a Player file to download first and then view the files. Now when I try to view videos it...
  7. Need my network credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need my network credentials: Trying to add new laptop to existing network, but don't know my network credentials. Is there a way to retrieve them, or do I need to start all over. Please note that I am not a tech - at all......
  8. NETWORK CONNECTION NEEDS NETWORK CREDENTIAL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NETWORK CONNECTION NEEDS NETWORK CREDENTIAL: Hi, I actually having this problem: I am trying to connect to the other computer printer, but windows 10 has no homegroup. Another problem is that when i try to click computer1 in network it pop out a box "ENTER YOUR CREDENTIAL TO CONNECT TO...
  9. Need Help with Network Credentials

Need Help with Network Credentials: A couple days ago one of my PCs blue-screened. Re-booting only gave me a screen that said I had a problem with my HDD. I had a 2TB external drive attached via USB to the tower that blue screened. I attached that drive to another W10 tower and turned on network discovery....
  10. Lost Need Network Credentials

Lost Need Network Credentials: Hi Guys Sorry to ask I am new and Win 10 is causing me a lot of grief I am trying to connect to another Win 10 PC on my network. I have: NAS UD3-PC Dan-PC UD5-PC – I am not this Raspberry Pi3 In Windows Explorer I see only: NAS UD3-PC I want to connect...