Windows 10: Credentials required to RDC from win8.1 PC to Win10 Pro PC?

Discus and support Credentials required to RDC from win8.1 PC to Win10 Pro PC? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I login to both of my computers with the same Microsoft Credentials. However, no combination of credentials seem to allow me to connect to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EmbeddedEngineer, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Credentials required to RDC from win8.1 PC to Win10 Pro PC?

Hi

I login to both of my computers with the same Microsoft Credentials. However, no combination of credentials seem to allow me to connect to my Win10 pro desktop.

From my past experience with remote desktop connections both a DOMAIN and USER name are required, e.g.

DOMAIN\USER

However, in the case of the Microsoft account I do not know what to replace DOMAIN and USER with. I have tried my User name as in "FirstName Surname" or the shortened version which appears in C:\Users, i.e. "marti" (not sure my that was not "martin"?) and my Microsoft email address. In all cases I use the password that I login to my Microsoft account with.

Online searches for information have been futile. I would appreciate if someone out there could spell out exactly what I need to do.

Thanks

Martin

:)

EmbeddedEngineer, Feb 2, 2019
  2. TuRaSa Win User

How to use Win8 Pro key for Win10 Pro upgrade?

i have a Win7 Home laptop, which was automatically updated to Win10 Home by Microsoft push. I had purchased a Win8 Pro key earlier but I had not updated my laptop to Win8 Pro before Microsoft's auto update. By default Microsoft installed Win10 Home. Now
    I am not able to upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro as the Activation screen keeps on telling me that the Win8 Pro key is not valid for Win10 Home.

How can I upgrade my laptop to Win10 Pro using my Win8 Pro key and not needing to purchase a separate Win10 Pro key?

TuRaSa, Feb 2, 2019
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    upgrade from win10 home to pro using a win8 product key

Is this possible ?

Win7 home on an OEM pc.

I have a win 8 pro ( not 8.1 upgrade retail product key.

If I upgrade win7 hp to win10 home,

can I use the win8 pro retail key to upgrade win10 to pro

edition ?

kjl1956, Feb 2, 2019
  4. KevConlon Win User

Credentials required to RDC from win8.1 PC to Win10 Pro PC?

Actvating Win10 PRO with a Win8 PRO product key

As it says on the tin...I'm struggling to activate Win10 PRO with a Win8 PRO product key....

This is my 3rd....and hopefully last significant hardware (mobo) change to my system for a while.

Activation was via a digital licence, and I was able to use the Win8 Pro key for the birth of the last 'creation.'

Currently....I'm given to understand that only a Win10 key can be used....and I don't have that!

Tried troubleshooting...and online Help (Ha ha)....but no good so far.

Please Help!!!

KevConlon, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Credentials required to RDC from win8.1 PC to Win10 Pro PC?

1. Credentials required to RDC from win8.1 PC to Win10 Pro PC? - Similar Threads - Credentials required RDC

2. Authenticating from 1 PC to a share on another refuses credentials. Why? Known good.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authenticating from 1 PC to a share on another refuses credentials. Why? Known good.: I recently bought a new Windows 10 PC and wanted to migrate to it from another laptop.On my home network, there is also my wife's Windows 10 laptop, on which I had created a share to her c:\Users\chant folder, and a share to c:\Users folder. Additionally, I created my own...
  3. Authenticating from 1 PC to a share on another refuses credentials. Why? Known good.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Authenticating from 1 PC to a share on another refuses credentials. Why? Known good.: I recently bought a new Windows 10 PC and wanted to migrate to it from another laptop.On my home network, there is also my wife's Windows 10 laptop, on which I had created a share to her c:\Users\chant folder, and a share to c:\Users folder. Additionally, I created my own...
  4. Authenticating from 1 PC to a share on another refuses credentials. Why? Known good.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  6. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  7. Does Win8 Pro Retail licence carry over to Win10 Pro upgrade?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Does Win8 Pro Retail licence carry over to Win10 Pro upgrade?: Gday all Trying to get my situation sorted. I have just upgraded my Win 8 Pro Retail version. Everything has gone smooth touch wood. Being a retail license, I can use this copy on one machine at any time. ie I build a new machine I still can use as long as my...
  8. Devices no longer appear on "This PC" after upgrading Win8 to Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices no longer appear on "This PC" after upgrading Win8 to Win10: My external hard disks , and one MP3 player (all USB devices) are no longer recognized, nor appear on "This PC", after I upgraded my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 OS. Other devices, such as my Android phone USB connection still works well. I made sure that the "Automatic download...
  9. Need help RDC from laptop Win10 Home to desktop Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help RDC from laptop Win10 Home to desktop Win10 Pro: I'm new to this forum and I need help. I contacted MS support and was told that I could not RDC from my laptop that has Windows 10 home to my desktop that has Windows 10 Pro. I was told that both had to be Windows 10 Pro. I don't think that is true. Can someone help me?...
  10. Hmm... Overall I think Win8(.1 update 1) is better than Win10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hmm... Overall I think Win8(.1 update 1) is better than Win10.: "Reset This PC" Confusion Firstly it seems MS have gotten-rid of the 'Refresh This PC' terminology to describe the distinction between keeping files but keeping settings/apps intact, or removing both files and apps/settings (the old Reset This PC). After you make this first...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connect win10 pc to win8 network