Windows 10: Creepy temporary files won't go away unless I do a factory data reset.

Discus and support Creepy temporary files won't go away unless I do a factory data reset. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Creepy temporary files won't go away unless I do a factory data reset. Files that won't delete seam to return immediately. The browsers are sketchy.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MDB11, Dec 6, 2018 at 6:52 AM.

1. MDB11 Win User

Creepy temporary files won't go away unless I do a factory data reset.

Creepy temporary files won't go away unless I do a factory data reset. Files that won't delete seam to return immediately. The browsers are sketchy. What processes and or files should I be concerned about when on or off internet.

:)

2. d0gknees Win User

Disable creepy data monitoring?

What evidence do you have for the "creepy data mining" taking place? What information that they are collecting are you objecting to?

3. factory reset will wipe the data in PC?

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to perform a factory reset to the computer. We will help you.

• How are you trying to perform a factory reset in your computer?
    • What issue are you facing to perform a factory reset?
    I suggest you to perform a recovery with keep my files in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Keep my files

What it does

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

To Reset you’re PC,

* On your login screen, hold Shift button,
    then right click on Power button and select
    Restart

* Select Troubleshoot> Reset this PC > Keep my files.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 6, 2018 at 7:22 AM
  4. Creepy temporary files won't go away unless I do a factory data reset.

what happened to my program files after factory resetting

Please also remove Windows.old file after reset your PC.

Step 1: Click in Windows' search field, type Cleanup, then click Disk Cleanup.

Step 2: Click the "Clean up system files" button.

Step 3: Wait a bit while Windows scans for files, then scroll down the list until you see "Previous Windows installation(s)."

Creepy temporary files won't go away unless I do a factory data reset. iGtuw.png

Step 4: Check the box next to the entry, then make sure there are no other boxes checked (unless you do indeed want to delete those items). Click OK to start the cleanup.

Thema:

Creepy temporary files won't go away unless I do a factory data reset.

1. Creepy temporary files won't go away unless I do a factory data reset. - Similar Threads - Creepy temporary files

2. red x on internet Icon that won't go away, even with a network reset?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    red x on internet Icon that won't go away, even with a network reset?: I have been having this problem for 2 months now. I have windows 10 wired internet. On the internet icon, it has a red x on it and I am not able to update windows 10. However, I am able to go on the internet and search things. When I click on the icon it says connected, but...
  3. Action Center Notifications Won't Go Away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center Notifications Won't Go Away: I'm having this problem with the action center where it shows that there are five unread notifications, but whenever I click on the icon it shows no new notifications, and when I close it, the five notifications are still there. This isn't really a critical issue, but it...
  4. Adobe sign won't go away !

in Browsers and Email
    Adobe sign won't go away !: [img] Hey gang, when my wife went to play a few games on Face Book this sign popped up, so she tried updating flash player ..... it updated flash player but the sign did not go away ! I have even deleted Adobe flash player & reinstalled it 10+ times & also even...
  5. Malware that won't go away (text file included)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware that won't go away (text file included): I have this malware that keeps saying Windows has an update and I foolishly went to click it because it looked official and Malwarebytes blocked access. I can't find the program anywhere in Revo Uninstaller but I do have the log of what Malwarebytes blocked that I saved to a...
  6. Old Homegroup won't go away

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old Homegroup won't go away: I have a homegroup that Win 10 insists is still present waiting to be joined, but it's my father's PC's homegroup on a network in a different city that my pc has never visited. (Teamviewer perhaps?) I've tried disabling the peer and homegroup services, but can't make it go...
  7. Temporary files won't delete

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Temporary files won't delete: Settings -> System -> Storage -> c:/ -> Temporary Files will not delete. I have 56gigs of temp files that I can't touch/find/remove. The delete temporary files will not work to clear this. I've tried various Ccleaner and disk clean up. Any help would be appreciated....
  8. Won't delete temporary files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Won't delete temporary files: My Inspirio 14 laptop currently has 5.74 GB of useless files sitting around in it, but none of the tools to delete them are working. Both Disk Cleanup and the option in the menu at:Settings>System>Storage>This PC>Temporary Files. Disk Cleanup won't even start, even allowing...
  9. 3GP Hell, It won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    3GP Hell, It won't go away!: i'm having a real annoying problem with a 3gp file keeps downloading automatically everytime i start my Win 10 system. so everytime i start my pc this 3gp file keeps downloading and playing automatically every time i start my pc.. and it also saves itself to appdata/temp...
  10. Windows won't boot or do a factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't boot or do a factory reset: I'm beginning to reach the end of the road with my laptop, and I'd rather get it working than get a new one, but I'm a tad bit of a noob, so please explain things clearly, thanks. Upon my intense dissatisfaction with windows 10, I decided to switch to linux, and I...