Windows 10: Creepy Windows 10 Behaviour

Discus and support Creepy Windows 10 Behaviour in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I turn on my computer, a new blank Word document is opened automatically for me. I find this behaviour CREEPY and I do not want this happening. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by phydeau2, Jun 21, 2020.

1. phydeau2 Win User

Creepy Windows 10 Behaviour

When I turn on my computer, a new blank Word document is opened automatically for me. I find this behaviour CREEPY and I do not want this happening. I want to open a Word document MYSELF - and only when I am ready to. I am NOT ready to do this first thing upon turning on my computer EVER!!!!!!! I have other things I want to do first.

I researched this and found that it is indeed Windows 10 that is doing this - and not MS Word.

I also found only one way to stop it - but that only triggered a behaviour I hate EVEN MORE!!!!!

I can stop it by: Going into Settings --> Accounts --> Sign-in options --> Then, under "Privacy", turning Off the option "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart."

However, if I do that, then when I turn on my computer, the NumLock is OFF - even though it was ON when I turned the computer off. It is never turned back "on" during startup!!!!

So - WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS --> IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN PREVENT WINDOWS 10 FROM OPENING UP ANY TYPE OF MS OFFICE DOCUMENT, SUCH AS WORD, WHEN I START UP MY COMPUTER - BUT IN SUCH A WAY THAT NUMLOCK STILL COMES ON AUTOMATICALLY DURING STARTUP????????

:)

phydeau2, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Phillmont Win User
    Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Creepy Windows 10 Behaviour - Similar Threads - Creepy Behaviour

2. Weird and creepy virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird and creepy virus: I got a virus 4-5 years ago, it was kinda creepy and weird. So basically it changed my wallpaper to black and give me alot of notepad with encrypted message. I didn't lose anything from my computer.Can someone knew what type of virus is that thanks...
  3. Weird and creepy virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird and creepy virus: I got a virus 4-5 years ago, it was kinda creepy and weird. So basically it changed my wallpaper to black and give me alot of notepad with encrypted message. I didn't lose anything from my computer.Can someone knew what type of virus is that thanks...
  4. Emojis turned creepy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emojis turned creepy: Has anyone else experienced this because i cant find any guide or question about this anywhere. Basically my windows emojis have their eyelids removed and they look super creepy, this happened first in my laptop and now in my PC too. Can anyone help?...
  5. Emojis turned creepy

Emojis turned creepy: Has anyone else experienced this because i cant find any guide or question about this anywhere. Basically my windows emojis have their eyelids removed and they look super creepy, this happened first in my laptop and now in my PC too. Can anyone help?...
  6. How do I report a very creepy Microsoft Support experience?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I report a very creepy Microsoft Support experience?: I had a Microsoft Support agent who was helping me with a webcam issue using remote access. When he fixed it, he was able to see me, because my webcam came on. He proceeded to write messages in the search box of the settings menu about how I was pretty. I caught one on...
  7. How do I report a very creepy Microsoft Support experience?

How do I report a very creepy Microsoft Support experience?: I had a Microsoft Support agent who was helping me with a webcam issue using remote access. When he fixed it, he was able to see me, because my webcam came on. He proceeded to write messages in the search box of the settings menu about how I was pretty. I caught one on...
  8. my windows is creepy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my windows is creepy: i'm getting numerous errors when trying to install softwares, mfplat.dll is missing, the application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b, directx setup couldn't download the file, please try later or check network connections, i can't install filmora or movie maker, what...
  9. my windows is creepy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows is creepy: i'm getting numerous errors when trying to install softwares, mfplat.dll is missing, the application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b, directx setup couldn't download the file, please try later or check network connections, i can't install filmora or movie maker, what...
  10. my windows is creepy