Windows 10: Critical Error message appears when I press the start button?

Discus and support Critical Error message appears when I press the start button? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Upon some instances of booting, clicking the start button produces the following error: [img] When I do sign out and log back in, the error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tsp216, Feb 9, 2017.

1. tsp216 Win User

Critical Error message appears when I press the start button?

Upon some instances of booting, clicking the start button produces the following error:

Critical Error message appears when I press the start button? [​IMG]

When I do sign out and log back in, the error persists even though the error window has disappeared. While this message is shown, I can still get on with tasks on my PC, but I'm unable to close it.

:)

tsp216, Feb 9, 2017

2. start menu on windows 10

When I press the Microsoft logo a message 'critical error restart required." After restart the process is same message and I press the Microsoft logo the same message appears. How do I get the start menu so I can shut down?

James Stagg, Feb 9, 2017
  3. April111 Win User
    critical error your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in

This last fix did stop the critical error message when I pressed the start icon, however, it is now not opening the start menu at all. Any idea how to fix that?

April111, Feb 9, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, options:
    1. Use a system restore point.

2. Restore your system from a disk image - you have discovered how invaluable the routine use of disk imaging is- so often recommended here- e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage for images - allows you to recover from many situations relatively quickly without tech. help.

3. Repair/fix:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...t-menu-cortana

For assisted support, try the Start menu troubleshooter. After you've completed the troubleshooter, restart your device.

dalchina, Feb 9, 2017
Thema:

1. Critical Error message appears when I press the start button? - Similar Threads - Critical Error message

2. error message appears when windows starts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error message appears when windows starts: I get this error message ever since windows last updated.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-appears-when-windows-starts/c383515f-ded4-4c5b-8c3b-6eeef38d4e2c
  3. error message appears when windows starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error message appears when windows starts: I get this error message ever since windows last updated.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-appears-when-windows-starts/c383515f-ded4-4c5b-8c3b-6eeef38d4e2c
  4. error message appears when windows starts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Critical error when I press the start button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical error when I press the start button: I’m not very good with computers just yet and I’ve ran into the issue of the critical error when I press the start button and it signs me out and now it seems to take forever to start back up like the black screen after I sign back in. I main question would be can I use the...
  6. When I press "Additional info," the "get started" button does not appear.

When I press "Additional info," the "get started" button does not appear.: I am currently in the process of removing all of the bloatware that came with my PC and having just the basics and necessities that Windows requires. I followed a tutorial online, pressed said button, and it wouldn't show any option to continue....
  7. When you press the exit button from the developer program, this message appears. Windows...

When you press the exit button from the developer program, this message appears. Windows...: [ATTACH] Help https://preview.redd.it/4dmasepixga51.png?width=1260&format=png&auto=webp&s=fad57481563338463000b59630c4daf32537b7a4 submitted by /u/george0516 [link] [comments]...
  8. Critical Error when click start button

Critical Error when click start button: I dunno if this problem was already posted here but I'm having a hard time finding the solution. When I click the start button it says critical error and it forces me to sign out. Hope someone can help me out :> submitted by /u/Misthiossss [link] [comments]...
  9. BSOD when I just press the start button

BSOD when I just press the start button: Hi helper, Here's the thing. Recently my computer always occurs BSOD. It makes me crazy so I decide re-install my win10x64 system. At the first day after install, it looks good. But the second day and today, It occurs BSOD when I just press the start button, the BSOD was...
  10. Start Button Critical Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Button Critical Error: Beginning October 10, 2019, when I click the Start Button a Critical Error message appears indicating that logging back in may fix the issue - it does not. I think this may be related to a recent update. I could not use my HP Printer and uninstalling KB4524147 fixed that...