Windows 10: Critical Error message on boot up - new 10103 install on laptop

Discus and support Critical Error message on boot up - new 10103 install on laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just upgraded my Dell Latitude E6400 from Win7 to Win10 1030 (not clean install). Everything looked good a first and I did the first set of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CountryBumkin, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Critical Error message on boot up - new 10103 install on laptop

I just upgraded my Dell Latitude E6400 from Win7 to Win10 1030 (not clean install). Everything looked good a first and I did the first set of Windows Updates. Shutoff laptop and set aside.

I just cam back to it and upon restarting I get an error message.

There is a window/box in the middle of the desktop that says:
    CRTICAL ERROR
    A critical error has occurred in the Shell Infrastructure Host. Start Menu, Cortana, and some Apps may not be available. Please save your work and sign-out to recover.
    The box with "Sign-Out Now"

I have tried three times to reboot (cold restart too) but it keeps coming back with this error. Has anyone seen this before?

I can open Task Manager and third-party media player on my desktop (but the Error message stays on top). I can not access anything from the taskbar and most taskbar icons are not loaded.

I'm going to try to boot into safe mode.

:)

CountryBumkin, Jul 1, 2015
  2. MGibson75 Win User

Restoring OS and Hard Drive

Laptop crashed while doing repair/recovery. When trying to boot, message saying device needs repair, Critical System Driver is Missing or contains errors. File: Windows\System32\drivers\ACPI.sys Error: Oxc000007. I have a recovery disk and the Win10
    Media Download from your website. But nothing will boot up. BIOS does detect the hard drive, but is not being detected at time of booting. Recovery disk is for Window 8.1 (sent directly by Dell), which the laptop had installed at the time of purchase and
    was subsequently upgraded to Windows 10. Any help?

MGibson75, Jul 1, 2015
  3. LynneLew Win User
    Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074686) failed to install,

I have a new Toshiba laptop installed with windows 10 but it is trying to upgrade but has been stuck on 71% for days now with the following message, Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074686) failed to install, it has downloaded other items
    it then put a blue screen up with critical error and restarted, then tried to download again but sticks at 71%. I am not technical at all, have only had laptop a week, very frustrating.

LynneLew, Jul 1, 2015
  4. Critical Error message on boot up - new 10103 install on laptop

Still trying to figure this out. Did a system "Reset" which basically reinstalled Win10, but I'm still getting the critical error.
    I'll go back into Recovery Mode and see what other options are available.

One frustrating part is that I switched over to a Microsoft account and now I have to type in my full 12 digit password everytime this thing boots up. I should have left it as a local account until I was sure everything was working.

CountryBumkin, Jul 2, 2015
Thema:

Critical Error message on boot up - new 10103 install on laptop

1. Critical Error message on boot up - new 10103 install on laptop - Similar Threads - Critical Error message

2. why is my laptop getting these critical error messages and then restarting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my laptop getting these critical error messages and then restarting?: This is a snipit of the critical error message. What is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-getting-these-critical-error/626f2ed6-6bdc-4383-8d5f-0f7d755338a2
  3. why is my laptop getting these critical error messages and then restarting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my laptop getting these critical error messages and then restarting?: This is a snipit of the critical error message. What is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-laptop-getting-these-critical-error/626f2ed6-6bdc-4383-8d5f-0f7d755338a2
  4. Critical Error Message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Error Message: I haven't been able to use my start button for almost 2 Months!!! Every time I click it, it says the same thing "Critical Error: Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in. I have tried EVERYTHING!!! And nothing seems to work!!! I can't...
  5. Critical Error message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Critical Error message: Hi there, So my friend called me to say whenever he clicks the start bar he gets a message saying: "Critical Error: Your start menu isn't working .We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in" It started happening today 12th January 2021 as I'm writing this He's tried...
  6. Error message at every boot (laptop)?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error message at every boot (laptop)?: I had the program Discord on my laptop and still had the installation file of it on my desktop. I accidentally clicked on it even though the program was already installed and since then I get the error message every time I start my laptop that Discord cannot be installed....
  7. Boot Up Error Message

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Up Error Message: I was running Avast free and have gone to Bitdefender. I ran the Avastclear program to totally uninstall Avast. Now when I boot my computer it keeps asking what operating system I want to run. Does anyone know how to make it go to a straight Win 10 boot like before? Also, I...
  8. Boot up issue on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot up issue on a new laptop: Hi everyone, I got a new acer laptop this month from amazon and I had to get it replaced as there was a camera issue. Today I got a replacement . I get these error messages.. What are your opinions guys? Has amazon and the seller cheated me with a refurbished crap of junk??...
  9. Google Chrome Critical Error Message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome Critical Error Message: I occasionally get the Google Chrome Critical Error Message appearing on my screen with the note to contact Microsoft support and a phone number of 888-272-2473. Is this a bogus message and does the phone number 888-272- actually get you to Microsoft support?...
  10. "Critical Error" message

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Critical Error" message: About 20 times now, I get this when I click on Windows Icon or in Search box (no "X" close exists): "Critical Error Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in. Button: Sign out now" Usually the Button click does NOT resolve the issue....