Windows 10: Critical Error - random restarts

Discus and support Critical Error - random restarts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My NUC PC NUC12WSKv5 randomly restarts .All windows and drivers are updated.Event Viewer shows Criitical errors.My minidump files and error details can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jojokiki51, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Critical Error - random restarts

My NUC PC NUC12WSKv5 randomly restarts .All windows and drivers are updated.Event Viewer shows Criitical errors.My minidump files and error details can be found here:minidumpPlease can you help identify the culprit.

:)

Jojokiki51, Apr 24, 2024

2. random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Apr 24, 2024
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Critical Error Popup

Hi QUENDALEWARD,

Corrupted system files may be the possible cause why you received a critical error. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact error message you received?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot
    Start menu.

Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 24, 2024
  4. jimhoyle Win User

Critical Error - random restarts

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

Critical Error - random restarts

1. Critical Error - random restarts - Similar Threads - Critical Error random

2. Critical Error - random restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Error - random restarts: My NUC PC NUC12WSKv5 randomly restarts .All windows and drivers are updated.Event Viewer shows Criitical errors.My minidump files and error details can be found here:minidumpPlease can you help identify the culprit....
  3. Critical Error Kernal-Power Random shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Error Kernal-Power Random shutdowns: Hi. I have tried so many things to diagnose this, but my pc keeps randomly shutting down when I'm running games. It's even worse when I run a game and have discord open in the background. In the past 11 days, I have had 10 critical errors, 2 of them being in the last hour....
  4. Critical Error Kernal-Power Random shutdowns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Error Kernal-Power Random shutdowns: Hi. I have tried so many things to diagnose this, but my pc keeps randomly shutting down when I'm running games. It's even worse when I run a game and have discord open in the background. In the past 11 days, I have had 10 critical errors, 2 of them being in the last hour....
  5. Computer randomly restarts during gaming, Kernel-Power 41 Critical Error, WHEA-Logger...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly restarts during gaming, Kernel-Power 41 Critical Error, WHEA-Logger...: Since building my new PC, I have been experiencing random shutdowns when using the PC for gaming. I can't seem to see any discernible pattern to the shutdowns except that it always occurs when playing a game. The temperature and use of the CPU don't seem to have any impact on...
  6. Critical Process Died Sometime the Computer Restart automatically with the Error Critical...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died Sometime the Computer Restart automatically with the Error Critical...: Critical Process Died Sometime the Computer Restart automatically with the Error Critical Process Died. Due to this I can't complete my job always. So please help. ERROR: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. BLUESCREENVIEW : ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+908b52 fffff807`1f600000...
  7. Critical Process Died Sometime the Computer Restart automatically with the Error Critical...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Process Died Sometime the Computer Restart automatically with the Error Critical...: Critical Process Died Sometime the Computer Restart automatically with the Error Critical Process Died. Due to this I can't complete my job always. So please help. ERROR: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. BLUESCREENVIEW : ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+908b52 fffff807`1f600000...
  8. Critical Process Died Sometime the Computer Restart automatically with the Error Critical...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Surface Pro keeps restarting randomly and after that it shows Critical Service Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro keeps restarting randomly and after that it shows Critical Service Error: Hi all. My Surface Pro keeps restarting randomly and after that it shows Critical Service Error. I am able to use my laptop after it restarts a couple of times and I click on Advanced Options - Startup Settings - Disable driver signature enforcement. However, the problem...
  10. getting critical errors! random restarts.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    getting critical errors! random restarts.: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. and Pre-registration for 'Microsoft.HEIFImageExtension_1.0.13472.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe' failed. (Error: The system...