Windows 10: critical error start menu not working

Discus and support critical error start menu not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; critical error start menu not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by benlani, Aug 19, 2019.

1. benlani Win User

critical error start menu not working

:)

benlani, Aug 19, 2019

2. Critical Error message that the Start menu isn't working

Hi Patti,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the complete error message do you received?
    • When exactly do you get this error message?
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to go to the below link and try the steps provided by Ravinath P

“Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”

“Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”

If the issue still persist, you can also visit the below link and try the steps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Hope this helps. Please let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Karthicka_R, Aug 19, 2019
  4. eschap Win User

Critical Error Start menu

I have same problem and none of the posted suggestions work. I did a system restore and it almost works except the start menu is not properly organized and the programs are listed in a different than normal manner. after a few hours when I click on the
    start menu the critical error pops up again and says it will try to repair on the net login, which does not repair the problem. but if I do a restore it will work for a few hours and then repeats

eschap, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

1. critical error start menu not working - Similar Threads - critical error start

2. Critical error on start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Critical error on start menu: Hi I am receiving a critical error on the start menu on Windows 10 - start menu will not launch and it keeps signing me out after that. I have run sfc/scannow and there are no verification issues. I am also trying unsuccessfully to download the Microsoft start menu trouble...
  3. Critical Error - Your Start Menu Isn't Working

Critical Error - Your Start Menu Isn't Working: Hello I am just setting up a new PC for a user. I have added to domain but when I click on start I get "Critical Error - Your Start Menu Isn't Working. We'll try to fix it the next time you log in" I have researched this and tried many fixes such as booting in safe mode...
  4. fix critical error "start menu not working"

in Cortana
    fix critical error "start menu not working": how do i fix critical error start menu not working in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-critical-error-start-menu-not-working/1488ecac-6edc-44e7-96b9-ed3b2ed0bda7"
  5. Windows 10 critical error, start menu not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 critical error, start menu not working: So i upgraded my asus F550L laptop from windows 8 i think shortly after it came out, been running fine for years. Recently went to skype someone, but hadn't used it in years so it needed an update. Updated skype. Went to sign in with my windows acc. As soon as i hit enter...
  6. Windows 10 start menu not working critical error

Windows 10 start menu not working critical error: My Windows 10 start menu is not working. Critical error warning appears then it logs me out and resorts my PC. I have deleted my Dropbox.what other steps can I Take to get t it working again please...
  7. start menu - critical error

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu - critical error: When I got home from work today I turned on my computer. When I click on the start button I get a pop up now: CRITICAL ERROR Your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it for you the next time you log on. The only option is a button that says sign out now. I hit it...
  8. Critical error "Start menu and Cortana aren't working".

in Windows 10 Support
    Critical error "Start menu and Cortana aren't working".: Hello to all on this forum, I am a new member so this is my first post. Hopefully someone will be able to assist On start up I am getting a Critical error "Start menu and Cortana aren't working". I have read and tried many of the possible solutions on this forum with no...
  9. critical error start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    critical error start menu: Hi, hoping this is correct section, (moved from BSOD,crashes) I wish to reopen thread on this subject as the last time I looked it was closed in June 2016. Lately I keep getting a critical error when I try to access start menu. I have followed Brinks tutorial on subject, but...
  10. Critical error start menu and cortana aren't working

in Windows 10 Support
    Critical error start menu and cortana aren't working: Hello people, Hope you can help me to solve this problem! Since I upgraded my computer to Win 10, I'm trying to deal with this problem. When my computer starts it shows the message: "Critical error start menu and Cortana aren't working. We'll try to fix it the next...