Windows 10: critical error start up menu not working

Discus and support critical error start up menu not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; critical error start up menu not working ...what to do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by premantwest, Sep 23, 2020.

1. critical error start up menu not working

critical error start up menu not working ...what to do?

:)

premantwest, Sep 23, 2020

2. Critical Error message that the Start menu isn't working

Hi Patti,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the complete error message do you received?
    • When exactly do you get this error message?
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to go to the below link and try the steps provided by Ravinath P

“Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”

“Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”

If the issue still persist, you can also visit the below link and try the steps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Hope this helps. Please let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Karthicka_R, Sep 23, 2020
  4. eschap Win User

critical error start up menu not working

Critical Error Start menu

I have same problem and none of the posted suggestions work. I did a system restore and it almost works except the start menu is not properly organized and the programs are listed in a different than normal manner. after a few hours when I click on the
    start menu the critical error pops up again and says it will try to repair on the net login, which does not repair the problem. but if I do a restore it will work for a few hours and then repeats

eschap, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

critical error start up menu not working

1. critical error start up menu not working - Similar Threads - critical error start

2. Critical Error - start menu not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Error - start menu not working: Any ideas as we have tried everything expect re-installing the Windows on the Surface Notebook? Many thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-error-start-menu-not-working/c64c98b6-f41b-42b4-8025-7cd6c4844de5
  3. Critical Error - start menu not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Error - start menu not working: Any ideas as we have tried everything expect re-installing the Windows on the Surface Notebook? Many thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-error-start-menu-not-working/c64c98b6-f41b-42b4-8025-7cd6c4844de5
  4. Critical Error - start menu not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Critical Error: Start Menu not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Error: Start Menu not working: Hi, I've been getting this error since yesterday when I reinstalled zoom, I don't know why this happens. I've tried:-Running sfc /scannow-Doing a chkdsk /f scan-dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth-entering safe mode-Running " Get-AppxPackage...
  6. Critical Error, Start menu isn't working.

Critical Error, Start menu isn't working.: I have had this problem for around two days now and I have been searching the internet for ways to fix this issue, let me break down my situation. I built this computer on Christmas in 2020, I couldn't afford to buy the license for the official Windows 10 edition so I used...
  7. Critical Error: Start Menu Not Working

Critical Error: Start Menu Not Working: [ATTACH] This is a new problem that has developed in the last day or so under 24 hours. The only thing I can recall that I have "changed" is downloading one Steam game called Among Us. I have tried almost every tutorial I could find through Google involving Run, Powershell,...
  8. Problem with Start Up Menu - it’s critical error

Problem with Start Up Menu - it’s critical error: It is a new computer but I started getting a critical error with Start Up Menu. How to stop it? Thx. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-start-up-menu-its-critical-error/2194dcae-e9cb-4b0e-9444-d4e637187d8d
  9. Critical Error - Your Start Up Menu isn't working

Critical Error - Your Start Up Menu isn't working: Hi I bought a new PC 2 months ago after my old one started having this Critical Error.. Now today, I have received the same error, this is the PC my son uses for home schooling. Please advise how to resolve this urgently. Thanks in advance Martin...
  10. critical error start menu not working

critical error start menu not working: critical error start menu not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-error-start-menu-not-working/85162eb4-be71-43d6-ab55-0864b8e9f043