Windows 10: Critical error, tile missing, and taskbar corruption problem

Discus and support Critical error, tile missing, and taskbar corruption problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 laptop was working fine until I downloaded the latest version of Firefox... 65.0... and couldn't get on any websites. Found out later... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sassycat41, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Critical error, tile missing, and taskbar corruption problem

My Windows 10 laptop was working fine until I downloaded the latest version of Firefox... 65.0... and couldn't get on any websites. Found out later that Avast was the culprit, but I had already tried System Restore to see if it would fix the problem. Well, that started a nightmare! At this point I not only get Critical Error - Start Menu is not working, but also tiles are missing, taskbar icons are corrupt (won't bring up menu when right clicking), and now can't open any JPG on the desktop!! Also tried to undo the System Restore to no avail. :-(

After several days of researching the errors and trying all sorts of solutions, I haven't found a fix. This is very frustrating indeed and it makes me want to buy a Mac!

Here's what I've tried (others also tried these "solutions" and most didn't said they didn't work):

• sfc /scannow - said it couldn't fix the problem... there were corrupt files
    • DISM - Online Cleanup Image Restore Health
    • Windows Update tool
    • Safe Mode - msconfig toggle trick
    • Powershell
    • Get-appxprovisionedpackage trick
    • creating a new user profile
    • and several more tricks and tips

Nothing worked!! I am trying to avoid reinstalling Windows 10 because I don't have all the software DVDs for the programs I would lose if I do a repair install. Is there anyone who knows of a way to fix these problems without reinstalling Windows??? Please help!!

:)

Sassycat41, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Beven Win User

Critical Structure Corruption Windows 10

I keep getting this error "Critical Structure Corruption" and can't seem to fix it.

It happens while I am busy on my laptop. Here are some of the steps I have tried so far to resolve this with no success.

1. Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic = no problems so RAM looks good.
    2. Check The CPU with Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool = PASS all
    3. Drivers update, I used driver booster and did need to update 18 drivers but was able to update with no issues.
    4. Update software and drivers, well it was suggested that I update BlueStacks but the update failed, bluestacks mentioned that it might be an issue so as I do not use the tool I uninstalled the software altogether.
    5. Updated Windows, this I do regularly and automatically so no big updates were missed.
    6. Defragged the machine - system is optimized
    7. Ran anti-virus check and all's good
    8. Ran CCleaner

Now I might mention I'm not a super user, but I'm able to follow suggestions quite well.

Any help will be appreciated.

Screenshot:

Critical error, tile missing, and taskbar corruption problem GD27Q.jpg

Beven, Feb 10, 2019
  3. subby Win User
    Critical System driver is missing or corrupt. Automatic repair fails.

Results of chkdsk. Whats next step? Clean install of windows?

Critical error, tile missing, and taskbar corruption problem [​IMG]

subby, Feb 10, 2019
  4. subby Win User

Critical error, tile missing, and taskbar corruption problem

Critical System driver is missing or corrupt. Automatic repair fails.

I got as far as step 20)... Was no files in the regback folder. Also was already backup and backup1 folders in the config folder there. Are these worth restoring ?

I'll wait for a response, before i continue anymore.

subby, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Critical error, tile missing, and taskbar corruption problem

1. Critical error, tile missing, and taskbar corruption problem - Similar Threads - Critical error tile

2. Wof.sys, critical driver missing or corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wof.sys, critical driver missing or corrupt: What should i do? wof.sys showing 0 bytes, when i loggedin through different os https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wofsys-critical-driver-missing-or-corrupt/0c289a53-08de-44db-89df-3d63c0c65635
  3. Wof.sys, critical driver missing or corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wof.sys, critical driver missing or corrupt: What should i do? wof.sys showing 0 bytes, when i loggedin through different os https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wofsys-critical-driver-missing-or-corrupt/0c289a53-08de-44db-89df-3d63c0c65635
  4. Wof.sys, critical driver missing or corrupt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. msrpc.sys CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    msrpc.sys CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION error message: Hi, I've been getting blue screens with the error message msrpc.sys CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION. I'm running on Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10.0, Build 18362; the error messages come after I did a Windows update a couple of days ago, although this could be coincidental....
  6. critical structure corruption error

critical structure corruption error: I get this error every now and then randomly, ive tried alot, but nothing works, updating drivers, checking ram, reinstalling windows etc. Anyone know a fix?...
  7. Windows 10 Error Critical Structure Corruption

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Error Critical Structure Corruption: Just like the title says, I have one windows 10 Version 1909 machine that is being a problem child. We have been using 1909 for weeks now too. Troubleshoot steps that I did so far : Update all the drivers Check for windows 10 updates Checking for possible Malware Using...
  8. Corrupt tile database

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Corrupt tile database: Having tried all reasonable suggestions I can find here and elsewhere, I've had to open this problem up as a new thread. My Start button/icon will not open my profile start menu/apps. Winver is Windows 10 Home 1902 (Build 18362.116). Checkdsk/SFC/DISM report no errors. ISO...
  9. Tile database corrupt?

Tile database corrupt?: how did this even happen? this is so annoying and all the "fixes"' for it are pretty useless. Do I really have to reset everything? do I really have to make another user account and copy and no longer existing folder into my main account? Like how about just a hot fix...
  10. Windows recovery, missing/corrupt critical driver error 0xc000000d

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows recovery, missing/corrupt critical driver error 0xc000000d: I upgraded my Toshiba laptop automatically from 8.1 to 10 when the software came out (months ago) - have had no issues with it. Then I was using my laptop it flashed blue and turned off. It now comes up with with recovery - your pc/device needs to be repaired (see image) -...