Windows 10: Critical error -- Your Start menu isn't working

Discus and support Critical error -- Your Start menu isn't working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I turn thepower on my desktop PC, the opening screen with the picture usually includestext and a prompt to like / not like the picture. Now it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Frank.White, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Critical error -- Your Start menu isn't working

When I turn thepower on my desktop PC, the opening screen with the picture usually includestext and a prompt to like / not like the picture. Now it just has a picture.Although I am able to sign in with my number code, if I click on “Start” orpress the “Windows Start key” I get the following message: “Critical Error --Your Start menu isn’t working. We’ll try to fox it next time you sign in. SignIn here.” But when I Click on “Sign in” and restart, the Start menu is stillnot working.

Are there any "proven solutions" to this problem? If there are, I would be grateful for assistance.

:)

Frank.White, Feb 6, 2021

2. How to fix Critical Error - Your Start menu isn"t working.

Hi Barrett,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, you get critical Error with Start menu not working on your system and we are glad to assist you to fix the issue.

This issue may occur due to corrupted Windows system files or due to any third party antivirus software installed on your system.

I suggest you to refer the following response created by Ravinath P on “Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”

“Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”

Disclaimer: Antivirus software can help protect the computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you should not disable the antivirus software. If you do have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it
    as soon as you're done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network during the time the antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

As Microsoft Edge browser is not working. I suggest you to create a new user account profile and check, if it works.

Create a local user account in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Critical Error message that the Start menu isn't working

Hi Patti,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the complete error message do you received?
    • When exactly do you get this error message?
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to go to the below link and try the steps provided by Ravinath P

“Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”

If the issue still persist, you can also visit the below link and try the steps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Hope this helps. Please let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Critical error -- Your Start menu isn't working

Windows 10 start menu not working critical error

My Windows 10 start menu is not working. Critical error warning appears then it logs me out and resorts my PC. I have deleted my Dropbox.what other steps can I Take to get t it working again please

DaveMorrell1, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Critical error -- Your Start menu isn't working

1. Critical error -- Your Start menu isn't working - Similar Threads - Critical error Start

2. Your start menu isn't working. Critical error?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your start menu isn't working. Critical error?: Hello every one.This error is popping on my windows and I can't open anything I tried to do recovery but no luck with that.Any help I really need my files...
  3. Your start menu isn't working. Critical error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your start menu isn't working. Critical error?: Hello every one.This error is popping on my windows and I can't open anything I tried to do recovery but no luck with that.Any help I really need my files...
  4. Your start menu isn't working. Critical error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Critical error - Your Start menu isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical error - Your Start menu isn't working: I just got this message pop up this afternoon when I clicked on the Start button. I checked the latest updates installed on my laptop, see below. So what has caused this to happen and how do I fix it?...
  6. Critical error - Your Start menu isn't working

Critical error - Your Start menu isn't working: I just got this message pop up this afternoon when I clicked on the Start button. I checked the latest updates installed on my laptop, see below. So what has caused this to happen and how do I fix it?...
  7. Critical error - Your Start menu isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Critical Error - Your Start Up Menu isn't working

Critical Error - Your Start Up Menu isn't working: Hi I bought a new PC 2 months ago after my old one started having this Critical Error.. Now today, I have received the same error, this is the PC my son uses for home schooling. Please advise how to resolve this urgently. Thanks in advance Martin...
  9. Critical Error - Your start menu isn't working.

Critical Error - Your start menu isn't working.: Hi all,. This is the umpteenth time I am facing problems in Windows 10. Bugs Bugs Bugs. What's the problem with you guys?. Either you are too lethargic to see the bugs, or you don't have a QC team at all. If windows 10 isn't fully ready why the hell are you forcing us to...
  10. Critical Error - Your Start Menu Isn't Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Critical Error - Your Start Menu Isn't Working: Hello I am just setting up a new PC for a user. I have added to domain but when I click on start I get "Critical Error - Your Start Menu Isn't Working. We'll try to fix it the next time you log in" I have researched this and tried many fixes such as booting in safe mode...