Windows 10: critical error

Discus and support critical error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; after being unable to use my desktop pc for over a month due to it not recognising my password which was authentic, I finally took it to a repair shop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dockerdooley, Oct 21, 2015.

1. critical error

after being unable to use my desktop pc for over a month due to it not recognising my password which was authentic, I finally took it to a repair shop and had it restored to windows 8:1 . Foolishly I decided to give W10 another try , every thing was fine for a couple of weeks , but when I logged on a couple of days ago I was confronted with the following message , Critical Error , Cortana and Start Menu not working We'll try to fix it next time you log in . Log Out. I logged out and it restarted but came up with the same message. Outcome is I cant access the internet or anything which is internet suported , cant use the start menu, but can access some downladed apps which are on the desktop and don't rely on internet connection. has anyone encountered this problem , did you manage to fix and how ? . *Mad

:)

dockerdooley, Oct 21, 2015

2. critical error start menu

Critical Error in Start Menu
    I keep on getting Critical Error message. "Your Start Menu isn't working. ... Critical Error in Start Menu

scottgroup, Oct 21, 2015
  3. critical error in startup and edge disappear on Windows 10.

Original title: critical error in startup and edge disappear

start showing critical error and edge not showing

venkat kumarbhakta, Oct 21, 2015
  4. critical error

paulsalter, Oct 21, 2015
Thema:

critical error

1. critical error - Similar Threads - critical error

2. Start Menu showing Critical Error after installing KB4517389 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu showing Critical Error after installing KB4517389 update: This is still happening. Why is this still happening? Why can't someone at microsoft pull this defective update and post this as a known issue on the KB's support page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4517389/windows-10-update-kb4517389 [ATTACH]...
  3. Critical Error - PC Shutdown & Reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Error - PC Shutdown & Reboot: Hi, I seem to be having an issue where my PC Randomly shuts down & reboots, only while playing games - from new to old. This is always at random, sometimes a few minutes in or maybe even hours. I am fairly confident in saying it is not a hardware issue, I use my desktop for...
  4. Start Button Critical Error

Start Button Critical Error: Beginning October 10, 2019, when I click the Start Button a Critical Error message appears indicating that logging back in may fix the issue - it does not. I think this may be related to a recent update. I could not use my HP Printer and uninstalling KB4524147 fixed that...
  5. Critical Error when clicking on Start Menu after installing KB4517389

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical Error when clicking on Start Menu after installing KB4517389: KB4517389 (OS Build 18362.418) 09th Oct 2019: This caused exactly the same issues as KB4524147 issue: .Apart from the ongoing issue that recent updates prevented search facility so had to uninstall them, with this update not only did search not work but unable to open...
  6. Start Menu showing Critical Error after installing KB4517389 update

Start Menu showing Critical Error after installing KB4517389 update: KB4524147 originally caused a critical error when using Start Menu AND it prevented my printer from printing. The latter was because of some mess up with the print spooler. I uninstalled KB4524147 and BOTH problems disappeared. This morning, I updated with KB4517389. The...
  7. Critical error - start menu isn't working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical error - start menu isn't working: So I have had a new Dell Vostro with Windows 10 Professional for a little over a month. A couple of days ago Microsoft updated with KB4524147, which broke the print spooler. Took a few hours to figure that out, then rolled back the update and that fixed it. Today, 2 new...
  8. Installing KB4517389 causes critical error when accessing the Start Menu

Installing KB4517389 causes critical error when accessing the Start Menu: Installed KB4517389 and I get a Critical Error message every time I try to access the Start Menu. (see below) Operating System: Win10 Home, version 1903, installed 6/4/19. 1. If I uninstall this update, the problem goes away. 2. I tried reinstalling this update, but the...
  9. KB4517389 causes Critical Error when using Start Menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KB4517389 causes Critical Error when using Start Menu: KB4524147 originally caused a critical error when using Start Menu AND it prevented my printer from printing. The latter was because of some mess up with the print spooler. I uninstalled KB4524147 and BOTH problems disappeared. This morning, I updated with KB4517389. The...
  10. Where is the discussion/solution to the critical error bug?

Where is the discussion/solution to the critical error bug?: We need less advertising for Windows and a focus on this problem!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-discussionsolution-to-the-critical/9062ced6-4f60-48b2-86f1-36aaf3218638