Windows 10: Critical event of failure of StartMenuExperienceHost.exe

Discus and support Critical event of failure of StartMenuExperienceHost.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I found a critical event in the reliability history the problem is elaborated in the attached screenshot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by strings44, Jul 6, 2020.

1. strings44 Win User

Critical event of failure of StartMenuExperienceHost.exe

Critical event of failure of StartMenuExperienceHost.exe e009e0a0-2f2b-40ad-a81b-ab155e2dea39?upload=true.png I found a critical event in the reliability history the problem is elaborated in the attached screenshot.

:)

strings44, Jul 6, 2020

2. What is StartMenuExperienceHost.exe

Hello,

AFAIK, StartMenuExperienceHost.exe is separate process for Start Menu and is an integral part of Windows 10. In earlier versions of Windows 10, Start Menu used Windows Shell Experience Host (ShellExperienceHost.exe). However, to improve
    the performance of Start Menu, StartMenuExperienceHost.exe was introduced.

Hope this answers your query!

Kapil Arya MVP, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Critical event of failure of StartMenuExperienceHost.exe

Windows 10 Critical Failure

Hi Lance,

I realize that you are facing performance issues with error “Critical Failure” message. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• In which user account are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Admin account to check if this helps.

Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Ensure to install any pending updates and also update all device drivers to check if this helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

The “System Maintenance” Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks for the common maintenance tasks on Windows. Try using the System Maintenance troubleshooter to automatically find and fix problems. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.

• In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

• Click on “System Maintenance”.

• Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Critical event of failure of StartMenuExperienceHost.exe

1. Critical event of failure of StartMenuExperienceHost.exe - Similar Threads - Critical event failure

2. Critical Startup Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Startup Failure: I woke up today, and when I turned on my PC, I'm greeted by Stop Code: Critical Process Died with Error Code 0xc0000001. However, when I tried to attempt some of the fixes on the forum, the Error Code changes to 0xc0000098. I have attempted to get my PC to launch into...
  3. Critical Events

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Events: I need help with this problem...Out of the blue no pun intended I started getting random, sporadic, shut-downs... Start-up can be a series of many 10+ attempts to get to the stage the motherboard screen appears... It has periods of stability - the last period lasted a few...
  4. Critical Events

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Events: I need help with this problem...Out of the blue no pun intended I started getting random, sporadic, shut-downs... Start-up can be a series of many 10+ attempts to get to the stage the motherboard screen appears... It has periods of stability - the last period lasted a few...
  5. Critical Events

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. StartMenuExperienceHost issue

StartMenuExperienceHost issue: Hi, I'm trying to detach the screen of my surface book 2 but, when I try it, windows show me an alert, and doesn't let me detach the screen. The alert message tells me that I have to close some applications. I have close almost all, but there is one that I'm not able to...
  7. Critical process failure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical process failure: Bought a new cheap webcam and when i plugged it in i got kernel access error. Tried the normal method of updating windows to most recent version and got critical access failure on restart. Currently can't reset pc,sfc doesnt work, cant system restore, safemode leads to...
  8. StartMenuExperienceHost

in Windows 10 Customization
    StartMenuExperienceHost: Why is startmenuexperiencehost.exe is runnig in the GPU and not in the CPU? And how do i change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startmenuexperiencehost/f90b1e5f-7f75-4f43-a9b4-ffd5b9eba920
  9. StartMenuExperienceHost error

in Windows 10 Support
    StartMenuExperienceHost error: Hi. I originally posted symptoms of "Tile database corrupt" as an issue with my Profile but have since examined the Event Log and Procmon outputs which seems to narrow down my current application error problem. (Winver is Windows 10 Home 1902 (Build 18362.116)) Faulting...
  10. Critical system failure

Critical system failure: I‘ve received a message saying I have ‘Critical system failure’ in my Windows 10 three times during a week. The system requires me to reset my laptop but every time I do it, it writes that some programs are missing. Any help is appreciated....