Windows 10: Critical Failures during WMR use

Discus and support Critical Failures during WMR use in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. On two occasions my computer has suffered acritical freeze/ shutdown whilst using WMR with the HP Reverb pro VR set. I have a link to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChrisCoghlan, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Critical Failures during WMR use

Hello.

On two occasions my computer has suffered acritical freeze/ shutdown whilst using WMR with the HP Reverb pro VR set.

I have a link to the dump files, but think I've saved in wrong format?

Any help is much appreciated as this all follows a recent upgrade of gpu monitor and headset.

Kind Regards,

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PWaR9V-MGLZ1O4HfgYOtY9oMRhxDorQ1

:)

ChrisCoghlan, Aug 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 Critical Failure

Hi Lance,

I realize that you are facing performance issues with error “Critical Failure” message. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• In which user account are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Admin account to check if this helps.

Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and select Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Ensure to install any pending updates and also update all device drivers to check if this helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

The “System Maintenance” Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks for the common maintenance tasks on Windows. Try using the System Maintenance troubleshooter to automatically find and fix problems. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.

• In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

• Click on “System Maintenance”.

• Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Lenovo Explorer WMR - Error Code 2181038087-5

I've been struggling to get my brand-new Lenovo Explorer to work. I have 2 VR capable computers, both well within specs for WMR, both throw error code 2181038087-5 despite my exhaustive efforts.

Here are the specs,

Main PC:

• CPU: Intel i7 4790K
    • Ram: 32GB DDR3
    • MB Chipset: Intel Z97
    • GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
    • Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, Build 17134.112
    • Screenshot of Device Manager and WMR error code: Imgur

Streaming PC:

• CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
    • Ram: 16GB DDR4
    • MB Chipset: AMD B350
    • GPU: RX480 8GB
    • Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, Build 17134.112
    • Screenshot of Device Manager and WMR error code: Imgur

So far, I have attempted, on both machines:

• Unplugging all other devices and hubs on USB 3.0 and 3.1 ports
    • Unplugging and plugging back in the HMD into a different port
    • Confirming Host controllers have Microsoft drivers (see pictures)
    • Updating UEFI to latest firmware
    • Disabling USB selective suspend settings
    • Disabling Legacy USB Support in UEFI
    • Uninstalling all USB controllers and devices in the Device Manager, and allowing them to reinstall on a restart
    • Installing beta versions of the "HoloLens Sensors" firmware
    • Plugging HMD into a powered hub

Suggestions?

Andrew-Bahls, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Critical Failures during WMR use

Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Critical Failures during WMR use

1. Critical Failures during WMR use - Similar Threads - Critical Failures during

2. Critical Startup Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Startup Failure: I woke up today, and when I turned on my PC, I'm greeted by Stop Code: Critical Process Died with Error Code 0xc0000001. However, when I tried to attempt some of the fixes on the forum, the Error Code changes to 0xc0000098. I have attempted to get my PC to launch into...
  3. Critical service failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical service failure: Ok so i was just experimenting msconfig and i set ram to 256 and now windows is not booting up, it keeps giving "critical service failed" And Even system restore did not work because when I did restore it gave me another error saying "System exception not handled", I can't...
  4. Critical service failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical service failure: Ok so i was just experimenting msconfig and i set ram to 256 and now windows is not booting up, it keeps giving "critical service failed" And Even system restore did not work because when I did restore it gave me another error saying "System exception not handled", I can't...
  5. Critical service failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Critical failure and reboots

Critical failure and reboots: Hi! My PC specs below is 13 months old and has been plagued with BSOD siting kernel errors. I took it to the Geek Squad and ended up getting a new mobo. Unfortunately, it has not fixed the errors. Several times a day, I am getting crashes - sometimes blue screen, sometimes...
  7. Critical process failure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical process failure: Bought a new cheap webcam and when i plugged it in i got kernel access error. Tried the normal method of updating windows to most recent version and got critical access failure on restart. Currently can't reset pc,sfc doesnt work, cant system restore, safemode leads to...
  8. Critical Service Failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Critical Service Failure: I updated my laptop last week, turned it on today and came up with a Critical Service Failure whereby it wouldn’t let me log in. I managed to bypass this to complete my studies today, however i’ve tried restarting my laptop again and it has come up with the same error...
  9. Critical Service Failure

Critical Service Failure: Using HP and had no issue. Put laptop to sleep. Went to reopen went to blue screen labeled AUTOMATIC REPAIR. Advanced options ran chkdsk errors found Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in user by another process. Checkdsk may run if this volume is dismounted first. ALL...
  10. Critical system failure

Critical system failure: I‘ve received a message saying I have ‘Critical system failure’ in my Windows 10 three times during a week. The system requires me to reset my laptop but every time I do it, it writes that some programs are missing. Any help is appreciated....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wmr bsod