Windows 10: CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.

Discus and support CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello.CRITICAL, URGENT:I just formatted and then reinstalled Win10. Clean system.My machine uses my MS Account, not a local account.I am able to log in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JerryLevin1, Aug 5, 2022.

1. CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.

Hello.CRITICAL, URGENT:I just formatted and then reinstalled Win10. Clean system.My machine uses my MS Account, not a local account.I am able to log in via my PIN.But - if I try to log in with my known, working MS Account password, the sign-in screen will not accept my PW. True from a cold boot, a restart, or a locked machine; same behavior.I just now did a PW reset, successfully. Shut down the machine. Booted again. PW is refused.Please help.Thank you.Running Win10 Pro on a desktop, completely current with all updates.

:)

JerryLevin1, Aug 5, 2022
  2. Jon1008 Win User

Win 10 Pro will not accept changed pw

I changed my win pw using this:

cmd

ran as admin

net user <name> PwDpassword

win accepted change

now it is telling me: YOUR PASSWORD WAS CHANGED ON ANOTHER DEVICE. YOU MUST SIGN IN TO THIS DEVICE ONCE WITH YOUR NEW PASSWORD, THEN YOU CAN SIGN IN WITH YOUR PIN.

I know the PIN and the new PW, when I enter the changed PW it tells me incorrect pw

HELP, please

Jon1008, Aug 5, 2022
  3. Valid Win7 Product Key not accepted by Win 10 upgrade

Hi,

I did not realise I had been at all vague, my apologies.

Unfortunately my neighbour now has his laptop back as I got nowhere. I have suggested he wait until the windows 10 upgrade system makes it available through windows update (it is in the queue).

As stated, I have tried running from the media created by the media creation tool to a USB (this is what I used to successfully upgrade my laptop and surface Pro). I have also run the media creation tool and opted for it to upgrade directly rather than save the files.

The operating system is Win7 Home premium OEM version. The key is valid and I re-validated it to be sure with the MS online actvation system. The laptop is 64-bit.

On each occasion it goes through the initial install steps and then gets to the screen where it asks for the product key.

On this screen there is no skip option and as the product key is not accepted, the only option is to cancel the install.

For some reason the upgrade seems to be taking a different path on this machine and does not give the skip option.

Regards
    Mike

mikepaterson, Aug 5, 2022
  4. CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.

my microsoft pw not accepted

I was on vacation and when i returned i opened my laptop to log in and was asked pw.. I entered my password but it wont log in i even did reset my microsoft pw in my cellphone but it wont accept my new password in my laptop.I dont know what to do . I have
    an asus laptop . Hope somebody can help me . Thank you in advance

michellegardiola, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.

1. CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen. - Similar Threads - CRITICAL HELP NEEDED

2. WIN10 black screen on login, even on safe mode. system restore doesnt accept pw.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN10 black screen on login, even on safe mode. system restore doesnt accept pw.: My pc suddenly turned black screen when logging into windows 10 account.I can get to loggin screen but after entering password, takes an unusally long time to load, and then puts me on black screen.i can see cursor but that is all. ctrl+alt+del brings up a menu but clicking...
  3. WIN10 black screen on login, even on safe mode. system restore doesnt accept pw.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    WIN10 black screen on login, even on safe mode. system restore doesnt accept pw.: My pc suddenly turned black screen when logging into windows 10 account.I can get to loggin screen but after entering password, takes an unusally long time to load, and then puts me on black screen.i can see cursor but that is all. ctrl+alt+del brings up a menu but clicking...
  4. WIN10 black screen on login, even on safe mode. system restore doesnt accept pw.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11 SIGN IN REQUIRED prompt does not accept my valid password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 SIGN IN REQUIRED prompt does not accept my valid password: Dell replaced my motherboard which involved tweaking the BIOS. When it came back up I got a message from Windows 11 that says SIGN IN REQUIRED. When I go through the sign in process it tells me that my password is not correct even though it certainly is as I use it without...
  6. Windows 11 SIGN IN REQUIRED prompt does not accept my valid password

Windows 11 SIGN IN REQUIRED prompt does not accept my valid password: Dell replaced my motherboard which involved tweaking the BIOS. When it came back up I got a message from Windows 11 that says SIGN IN REQUIRED. When I go through the sign in process it tells me that my password is not correct even though it certainly is as I use it without...
  7. CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.: Hello.CRITICAL, URGENT:I just formatted and then reinstalled Win10. Clean system.My machine uses my MS Account, not a local account.I am able to log in via my PIN.But - if I try to log in with my known, working MS Account password, the sign-in screen will not accept my PW....
  8. CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.

CRITICAL HELP NEEDED: Win10/Pro does not accept valid PW at sign-in screen.: Hello.CRITICAL, URGENT:I just formatted and then reinstalled Win10. Clean system.My machine uses my MS Account, not a local account.I am able to log in via my PIN.But - if I try to log in with my known, working MS Account password, the sign-in screen will not accept my PW....
  9. My win10 pro key is not being accepted as valid.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My win10 pro key is not being accepted as valid.: Hello, I have built my own pc together with a friend. We ordered the win10 key at the same time but it took a couple of days to arrive. By that time, I had the "Active Windows" watermark. When the key arrived, I activated win10 but I get 0x803f7001 as an error.[ATTACH]...
  10. Win 10 Pro will not accept changed pw

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 Pro will not accept changed pw: I changed my win pw using this: cmd ran as admin net user <name> PwDpassword win accepted change now it is telling me: YOUR PASSWORD WAS CHANGED ON ANOTHER DEVICE. YOU MUST SIGN IN TO THIS DEVICE ONCE WITH YOUR NEW PASSWORD, THEN YOU CAN SIGN IN WITH YOUR PIN. I...