Windows 10: Critical Issue : Windows 10 - "Microsoft Print to PDF" option gets dissabled after I...

Discus and support Critical Issue : Windows 10 - "Microsoft Print to PDF" option gets dissabled after I... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, As the part of document management business, I have a "Print Agent App", that during it's installation itself, registers custom dll with Spooler... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rajesh MN, May 10, 2019.

1. Rajesh MN Win User

Critical Issue : Windows 10 - "Microsoft Print to PDF" option gets dissabled after I...

Hi,

As the part of document management business, I have a "Print Agent App", that during it's installation itself, registers custom dll with Spooler process, to get a callback to monotor and account each print Jobs.

It registers "Custom_localspl.dll" insted of "localspl.dll" to get callback to our "Print Agent App". likewise we are customizing "Standard TCP/IP Port","Local Port","USB Monitor" etc

Problem

This week, I got a critical FieldIssue, after installing my "Print Agent App" on Windows 10, below print options are getting disabled and unfortunately unable to manually reinstall them as well.

• Microsoft Print to PDF
    • Microsoft XPS Document Writer

*** These options were additions in Windows 10, and reproducible on any Windows 10 box

Work Around

1. Stop “Print Agent App” in the windows service list
    2. In Registry (“ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\Local Port ”)
    3. Rename the driver name from “Custom_localspl.dll” to “localspl.dll
    4. Open -- Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers
    5. Add a Printer > Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings > Use an existing port > FILE : (Print to File)
    6. Install the printer driver > select “Microsoft Print to PDF” > Install printer successfully
    7. Now “Microsoft Print to PDF” is available again for printing
    8. Now go back to windows service list, and start “Print Agent App” service
    9. We can observe, Local Port driver name changes back to “Custom_localspl.dll” from “localspl.dll

Solution

??? Those print drivers should not get dissabled after installation of my app.

Please give me a solution

Thanks

Rajesh Nair

Xerox Coorporation, NY

:)

Rajesh MN, May 10, 2019

2. Reinstall Print to PDF Option / Missing Print to PDF (Windows 10)

I resolved the problem following the instruction in the following post by

Yashwanth Kotakuri replied on

Accomplishments

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

Are you able to see "Microsoft Print to PDF" option under Device and Printers?

Are you getting this option when you print other documents or from Web browser?

Suggest you to check this issue by printing other Documents to see if 'Microsoft Print to PDF' option appears. Also try printing on web browsers to check if it lists the 'Microsoft Print to PDF' correctly. I understand that Microsoft Print to PDF option
    is selected under Windows Features. However let us try clearing and selecting the option to see if it makes any difference.

• Right-click on Start button and select Programs and Features.
    • In the Programs and Features window, click Turn Windows features on or off
    • Under Windows Features dialog, uncheck Microsoft Print to PDF and click
      OK.
    • Reboot your PC once.
    • Once you reach desktop screen, reopen the Windows Features dialog, and this time enable the
      Microsoft Print to PDF checkbox, and click OK.

Now see if Microsoft Print to PDF option shows correctly.

D_P_Haynes, May 10, 2019
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF mixes up JPGs.

Hi Anita,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What happens when you select small bunch of images and try to print?
    • Is the issue specific to the Microsoft Print to PDF?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Create a new folder and copy the images you want in PDF.
    • Sort the images as you want. (It always copies as per the sorted time/date)
    • Set the images in Order/Sequence as you want it to be set in PDF.
    • Select all and Print it to PDF.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 10, 2019
  4. Critical Issue : Windows 10 - "Microsoft Print to PDF" option gets dissabled after I...

Microsoft Print to PDF is not appearing in Windows 10

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

Are you able to see "Microsoft Print to PDF" option under Device and Printers?

Are you getting this option when you print other documents or from Web browser?

Suggest you to check this issue by printing other Documents to see if 'Microsoft Print to PDF' option appears. Also try printing on web browsers to check if it lists the 'Microsoft Print to PDF' correctly. I understand that Microsoft Print to PDF option
    is selected under Windows Features. However let us try clearing and selecting the option to see if it makes any difference.

• Right-click on Start button and select Programs and Features.
    • In the Programs and Features window, click Turn Windows features on or off
    • Under Windows Features dialog, uncheck Microsoft Print to PDF
      and click OK.
    • Reboot your PC once.
    • Once you reach desktop screen, reopen the Windows Features dialog, and this time enable the
      Microsoft Print to PDF checkbox, and click OK.

Now see if Microsoft Print to PDF option shows correctly.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Critical Issue : Windows 10 - "Microsoft Print to PDF" option gets dissabled after I...

1. Critical Issue : Windows 10 - "Microsoft Print to PDF" option gets dissabled after I... - Similar Threads - Critical Issue Microsoft

2. Running into issues with microsoft print to pdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running into issues with microsoft print to pdf: After creating a file using microsoft print to pdf when trying to open the file the following error occurs:Adobe Acrobat Reader could not open'your saved file name.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged....
  3. Running into issues with microsoft print to pdf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running into issues with microsoft print to pdf: After creating a file using microsoft print to pdf when trying to open the file the following error occurs:Adobe Acrobat Reader could not open'your saved file name.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged....
  4. Running into issues with microsoft print to pdf

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Print to PDF is not displaying grayscale option

Microsoft Print to PDF is not displaying grayscale option: I Have already installed Microsoft Print to PDF, and it works fine for original/colour prints, but there is no option for grayscale printing....
  6. Microsoft Print to PDF is not displaying grayscale option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Print to PDF is not displaying grayscale option: I Have already installed Microsoft Print to PDF, and it works fine for original/colour prints, but there is no option for grayscale printing....
  7. Microsoft Print to PDF is not displaying grayscale option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't save the Microsoft Print to PDF option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't save the Microsoft Print to PDF option: I'm attempting to save a file as a pdf but can't enable the Microsoft Print to PDF. I am able to check the box, but when I click OK, I get error code: 0x800F0922. Per recommendations that I've read online for this error code, I have tried temporarily disabling my firewall and...
  9. PDF print issues for reports clarity when printing with Windows PDF option inside of...

in Windows 10 Customization
    PDF print issues for reports clarity when printing with Windows PDF option inside of...: Hello I noticed when I make a PDF print of Resource Cost Overview I have a issues with the resolutions I have a white space that shows up as seen below, however the print preview does not have this. Is there a setting to correct this to make it cleaner? [ATTACH] Space...
  10. microsoft print to PDF issue

microsoft print to PDF issue: had previous consult- this number may represent case #1487426895. I cannot repair or reinstall driver for Microsfot print to PDF. the box is checked in control panel, programs, turn on features, but when I try to select manufacturer "Microsoft" ythere is no driver for Print...