Windows 10: CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED after installing Ubuntu

Discus and support CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED after installing Ubuntu in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After I installed Ubuntu on the same drive. Windows 10 broke. It now says CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED on every boot. I can't go into any of the other modes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Afshan Gul, Jan 16, 2022.

1. CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED after installing Ubuntu

After I installed Ubuntu on the same drive. Windows 10 broke. It now says CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED on every boot. I can't go into any of the other modes in Advanced Options. If I try boot through the BIOS and not GRUB Bootloader provided by Ubuntu it does not work. Even If I try using the Debian GRUB Bootloader, it fails; They all give the same error.Here are my System Specs Note that Memory is in Mebibytes not Megabytes.:

:)

Afshan Gul, Jan 16, 2022
  2. singh Win User

Critical Process Died on windows 10 setup

Ive just opened event viewer as you suggested but I cant seem to find any error that says "critical process died"
    CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED after installing Ubuntu [​IMG]

I have attached a screenshot of the event viewer. I have scrolled to the bottom to where it first booted up.

Ive downloaded the software you sent the link for but I'm not sure how to use it as nothing shows up when I load it.

singh, Jan 16, 2022
  3. critical process died in windows 10

Hi,

To resolve your concern about the critical process died in Windows 10, we suggest that you do the system diagnostics. Here are the steps:

• Boot your computer and continuously press ESC key on your keyboard until you reach the
      Startup menu.
    • From the Startup menu, press F2 (or whatever the designated key is) for
      System Diagnostics.
    • Use arrow keys to navigate and choose Hard Drive Check.
    • Choose Extensive Check.
    Allow it to finish then boot your computer as normal.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 16, 2022
  4. illac Win User

CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED after installing Ubuntu

BSODS CRITCAL PROCCESS DIED or UNEXPECTED STORAGE EXCEPTION

Hi.

Crashes have started occuring again just last night. 3 in 24 hrs. BSOD with Critical proccess died. Upon sending info from BSOD it says Operating System not found.DESKTOP-2NNRBR8-(2019-07-12_16-19-49).zip

Have attached new logs

Again I think it has to do with the SSD. It started occuring after the heaviest gaming session I've done since updating bios. About 5/6 hours. Now it occurs randomly under different levels of stress.

illac, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED after installing Ubuntu

1. CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED after installing Ubuntu - Similar Threads - CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED

2. CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED after installing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED after installing Ubuntu: After I installed Ubuntu on the same drive. Windows 10 broke. It now says CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED on every boot. I can't go into any of the other modes in Advanced Options. If I try boot through the BIOS and not GRUB Bootloader provided by Ubuntu it does not work. Even If I...
  3. CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED after installing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED after installing Ubuntu: After I installed Ubuntu on the same drive. Windows 10 broke. It now says CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED on every boot. I can't go into any of the other modes in Advanced Options. If I try boot through the BIOS and not GRUB Bootloader provided by Ubuntu it does not work. Even If I...
  4. Critical process died after installing updates on windows 10

Critical process died after installing updates on windows 10: Hello. I have a samsung notebook 9 pro. I onced changed to linux theb switched back to windows. After installing windows i have bee using it nicely. One day i updated it and then it brought critical procesz died. I fornated and installed windows again and after updating it...
  5. Critical Process Died After Fresh Windows Install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical Process Died After Fresh Windows Install: Out of nowhere this morning I started getting "critical process died" blue screen of death error. Interestingly the computer would reset but not boot back into windows but instead launched into bios. I would have to press the power off button and turn it back on to get back...
  6. Critical Process Died

Critical Process Died: I can't start the computer, I always get the blue screen with the stop code critical process died. I tried restoring the system but it asked to turn on protection for the disk. I tried to do so through commands (net start vss, rstrui) and even though I was allowed to choose a...
  7. Critical process died

Critical process died: I receive the issue Critical process died after each booting. I can not roll back to the restore point because I get the same error. The Safe Mode didn’t help either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died/4cbc9ee9-0a1b-4c14-a983-1881d5d2e2ef
  8. CRITICAL PROCCES DIED

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CRITICAL PROCCES DIED: Hi guys, so two days ago i went to sleep and turn of my computer, i realize that my RGB mouse case and keyboard werent off but i really needed to sleep so i went to do it, on the morning my new 8gb ram came from amazon, i notices that my pc was on, i turn it off plug in the...
  9. BSODS CRITCAL PROCCESS DIED or UNEXPECTED STORAGE EXCEPTION

BSODS CRITCAL PROCCESS DIED or UNEXPECTED STORAGE EXCEPTION: Hey all, I bought an IBUYPOWER pc at the start of April. I've been trying to trouble shoot myself with not much luck. I'm not super computer smart, I know my way around and the basics but this is beyond me. Some specs: System: Intel Core i7-8700K Six-Core Processor 3.7 GHz...
  10. Windows Cannot Boot - Critical Proccess Died

Windows Cannot Boot - Critical Proccess Died: After a system restore my PC tried to boot up and gave me this error in the subject. It then took me to the safe start up and gave me all the options ranging from resetting the PC to having startup repairs and options. I tried all 6 options given to try to help boot the PC...