Windows 10: Critical procees died

Discus and support Critical procees died in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have been consistently getting a BSOD at random times and recently these became persistant. I have followed several articles on fixes, ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TimWaterhouse, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Critical procees died

Hi,

I have been consistently getting a BSOD at random times and recently these became persistant.

I have followed several articles on fixes, ran chkdisk and memory check and finally reinstalled windows with minimal drivers, nothing has made a difference.

To help I downloaded the windows diagnostic tool and the problem result looks like the below:

Windows

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\WerFault.exe
    Creation Time: 16/11/2019 08:28:03
    Problem: Shut down unexpectedly

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    Code: ef
    Parameter 1: ffffc98910eb12c0
    Parameter 2: 0
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 0
    OS version: 10_0_18362
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 0xEF_svchost.exe_BUGCHECK_CRITICAL_PROCESS_c0000005_nt!PspCatchCriticalBreak (18446744073709551615)

There are also other similar events logged:

Windows

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\WerFault.exe
    Creation Time: 16/11/2019 11:54:51
    Problem: Shut down unexpectedly

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    Code: ef
    Parameter 1: ffffcd85c6cb82c0
    Parameter 2: 0
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 0
    OS version: 10_0_18362
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 0xEF_svchost.exe_BUGCHECK_CRITICAL_PROCESS_IOERR_c000000e (18446744073709551615)

They pretty much all look the same.

Can anybody help with this please?

Many thanks,

Tim

:)

TimWaterhouse, Nov 16, 2019
  2. singh Win User

Critical Process Died on windows 10 setup

Ive just opened event viewer as you suggested but I cant seem to find any error that says "critical process died"
    Critical procees died [​IMG]

I have attached a screenshot of the event viewer. I have scrolled to the bottom to where it first booted up.

Ive downloaded the software you sent the link for but I'm not sure how to use it as nothing shows up when I load it.

singh, Nov 16, 2019
  3. critical process died in windows 10

Hi,

To resolve your concern about the critical process died in Windows 10, we suggest that you do the system diagnostics. Here are the steps:

• Boot your computer and continuously press ESC key on your keyboard until you reach the
      Startup menu.
    • From the Startup menu, press F2 (or whatever the designated key is) for
      System Diagnostics.
    • Use arrow keys to navigate and choose Hard Drive Check.
    • Choose Extensive Check.
    Allow it to finish then boot your computer as normal.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Critical procees died

Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Critical procees died

1. Critical procees died - Similar Threads - Critical procees died

2. Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical Process Died: So I recently got this, and and it would restart the computer, but I’d turn it off and on before it could restart so it would go back to my main screen, but today I just let it go all the way through and now it’s making me reinstall windows 10 with the product key. It’s been...
  3. Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died: I can't start the computer, I always get the blue screen with the stop code critical process died. I tried restoring the system but it asked to turn on protection for the disk. I tried to do so through commands (net start vss, rstrui) and even though I was allowed to choose a...
  4. Critical process died

Critical process died: Showing blue screen error in which critical process died also windows 10 not startup or boot showing again and again blue screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died/1c0f81cd-d8d9-4558-9e22-a8abdda06e8b
  5. Critical Process Died

Critical Process Died: Link to my minidumps folder According to WhoCrashed this happened: On Sat 9/26/2020 3:27:15 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092620-13687-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe...
  6. Procees died error blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Procees died error blue screen: How can I fix process died error in Asus tuf gaming I buyed yesterday then next day it showed blue screen and system get restarted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/procees-died-error-blue-screen/0456546b-8ab7-4d10-be3a-42d9bf58db5c
  7. Critical process died

Critical process died: I receive the issue Critical process died after each booting. I can not roll back to the restore point because I get the same error. The Safe Mode didn’t help either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died/4cbc9ee9-0a1b-4c14-a983-1881d5d2e2ef
  8. Critical Proces Died!

Critical Proces Died!: Hello guys, I'm really in need of some help here! Sorry for a long post, but trying to give you as much info as I can. I have an MSI GP73RE( I8 8750H, GTX 1060 , INTEL 760P SSD as main drive, and a 1TB WD HDD ). Last night, I was messing around with ThrottleStop (I've had...
  9. CRITICAL PROCCES DIED

CRITICAL PROCCES DIED: Hi guys, so two days ago i went to sleep and turn of my computer, i realize that my RGB mouse case and keyboard werent off but i really needed to sleep so i went to do it, on the morning my new 8gb ram came from amazon, i notices that my pc was on, i turn it off plug in the...
  10. BSOD unexpected store exception & critical proces died

BSOD unexpected store exception & critical proces died: Hi, We've had our share of BSOD's in the company, most of them were solved by installing the newest drivers from the support site. There are still some laptops however, that get frequent BSOD's (4 a day on average). The laptop is a Dell E5550, newest drivers & bios...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xEF_svchost.exe_BUGCHECK_CRITICAL_PROCESS_c0000005_nt!PspCatchCriticalBreak