Windows 10: Critical process died after installing updates on windows 10

Discus and support Critical process died after installing updates on windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I have a samsung notebook 9 pro. I onced changed to linux theb switched back to windows. After installing windows i have bee using it nicely.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PeterHeri, Apr 22, 2021.

1. PeterHeri Win User

Critical process died after installing updates on windows 10

Hello.

I have a samsung notebook 9 pro. I onced changed to linux theb switched back to windows. After installing windows i have bee using it nicely. One day i updated it and then it brought critical procesz died. I fornated and installed windows again and after updating it brings again critical process died. This happened more than 10times in a row. I created a clean iso file for windows from another new machine using media creation tool but nothing changed. I even changed flashdisk but nothing changed. I troubleshooted all my hardware and they are all alright. Please advise me on this, its really frustrating. I cant work on anything for a long time.

:)

PeterHeri, Apr 22, 2021
  2. singh Win User

Critical Process Died on windows 10 setup

Ive just opened event viewer as you suggested but I cant seem to find any error that says "critical process died"
    Critical process died after installing updates on windows 10 [​IMG]

I have attached a screenshot of the event viewer. I have scrolled to the bottom to where it first booted up.

Ive downloaded the software you sent the link for but I'm not sure how to use it as nothing shows up when I load it.

singh, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Critical process died after installing updates on windows 10

critical process died in windows 10

Hi,

To resolve your concern about the critical process died in Windows 10, we suggest that you do the system diagnostics. Here are the steps:

• Boot your computer and continuously press ESC key on your keyboard until you reach the
      Startup menu.
    • From the Startup menu, press F2 (or whatever the designated key is) for
      System Diagnostics.
    • Use arrow keys to navigate and choose Hard Drive Check.
    • Choose Extensive Check.
    Allow it to finish then boot your computer as normal.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Critical process died after installing updates on windows 10

1. Critical process died after installing updates on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Critical process died

2. Critical Process Died After Fresh Windows Install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical Process Died After Fresh Windows Install: Out of nowhere this morning I started getting "critical process died" blue screen of death error. Interestingly the computer would reset but not boot back into windows but instead launched into bios. I would have to press the power off button and turn it back on to get back...
  3. Critical Process Died after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical Process Died after Windows update: Error after update Stop Code CRITICAL PROCESS DIED Have followed Microsoft suggested support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors with no success. Have also uninstalled the most recent quality update and rolled back...
  4. Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died: My PC shuts off with some frequency posting "Critical Process Died". I have to pull the plug and reboot to get started again. What's going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died/ec450121-3981-4111-a89c-1e9975c79357
  5. Critical Process Died

Critical Process Died: I have been getting the stop code critical process died so I decided to reinstall Windows 10. Once I finished reinstalling, the error began showing up again. How do I fix this?...
  6. critical process died

critical process died: critical process died https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died/29b10271-f8fb-4049-86ab-447c55758f2e
  7. Critical Process Dies

Critical Process Dies: Anytime I start up my computer it blue screens before getting to the login screen and say critical process dies for any troubleshoot option there is it fails almost immediately i can access cmd prompt and i tried sfc /scan now and that showed no results i have tried to reset...
  8. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

CRITICAL PROCESS DIED: I tried to look up online about option to try to fix the issue. I opened command prompt and performed the sfc/scannow, it says verification 100% complete but the next line says Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. I performed a sfc/verifyonly...
  9. Critical Process Died

Critical Process Died: So, my computer won't get past the Windows recovery screen. I have tried restore points, resetting my pc, and even several command lines. So far, nothing has worked. The problem occurred after I installed a new hard drive with more memory. I cloned all of the data from the...
  10. Critical Process Died

Critical Process Died: So recently I ran my antivirus and my whole windows shut down and showed Critical Process Died error. I tried to run it in safe mode with networking and all, not working. Tried to reset, not working. tried to restore to previous dates, not working...only thing that is...