Windows 10: Critical Process died and no bootable device found

Discus and support Critical Process died and no bootable device found in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a computer at my job that just keeps giving the critical process died BSOD and no boot screen after it restarts. No matter what I do, this keeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alberto Zavala, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Critical Process died and no bootable device found

I have a computer at my job that just keeps giving the critical process died BSOD and no boot screen after it restarts. No matter what I do, this keeps coming back over and over. I have replaced the SSD, both cables connecting to the SSD, ran everything under the sun, and the issue STILL comes up after a month or two of it running fine. I ran memory tests and even went as far as replacing the memory sticks as well. There's nothing in the event logs that even tells me what is causing it besides that it "Shut off unexpectedly". Does anyone else have any ideas as to what is going on? I've also ha

:)

Alberto Zavala, Mar 20, 2023

2. Critical process died

Critical process died in windows 10 and startup recovery (through bootable flash drive) is showing unable to repair

what to do

AbhishekDua, Mar 21, 2023
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Mar 21, 2023
  4. singh Win User

Critical Process died and no bootable device found

Critical Process Died on windows 10 setup

Ive just opened event viewer as you suggested but I cant seem to find any error that says "critical process died"
    Critical Process died and no bootable device found 86778d1485968481t-critical-process-died-windows-10-setup-event-viewer.jpg

I have attached a screenshot of the event viewer. I have scrolled to the bottom to where it first booted up.

Ive downloaded the software you sent the link for but I'm not sure how to use it as nothing shows up when I load it.

singh, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

Critical Process died and no bootable device found

1. Critical Process died and no bootable device found - Similar Threads - Critical Process died

2. Critical process died & boot device not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical process died & boot device not found: Hi everyone, I recently update windows 11 I believe in October and since then I have had issues with starting my laptop a HP laptop. Most of the time I try to start the laptop it says the stop code is 'Critical process died'. It then restarts and takes me to a black page that...
  3. Critical process died & boot device not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical process died & boot device not found: Hi everyone, I recently update windows 11 I believe in October and since then I have had issues with starting my laptop a HP laptop. Most of the time I try to start the laptop it says the stop code is 'Critical process died'. It then restarts and takes me to a black page that...
  4. Critical Process died and no bootable device found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Process died and no bootable device found: I have a computer at my job that just keeps giving the critical process died BSOD and no boot screen after it restarts. No matter what I do, this keeps coming back over and over. I have replaced the SSD, both cables connecting to the SSD, ran everything under the sun, and the...
  5. Critical Process died and no bootable device found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process died and no bootable device found: I have a computer at my job that just keeps giving the critical process died BSOD and no boot screen after it restarts. No matter what I do, this keeps coming back over and over. I have replaced the SSD, both cables connecting to the SSD, ran everything under the sun, and the...
  6. Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical Process Died: So I recently got this, and and it would restart the computer, but I’d turn it off and on before it could restart so it would go back to my main screen, but today I just let it go all the way through and now it’s making me reinstall windows 10 with the product key. It’s been...
  7. Critical Process Died

Critical Process Died: I can't start the computer, I always get the blue screen with the stop code critical process died. I tried restoring the system but it asked to turn on protection for the disk. I tried to do so through commands (net start vss, rstrui) and even though I was allowed to choose a...
  8. Critical process died

Critical process died: I receive the issue Critical process died after each booting. I can not roll back to the restore point because I get the same error. The Safe Mode didn’t help either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died/4cbc9ee9-0a1b-4c14-a983-1881d5d2e2ef
  9. "critical process died" -> "Operating System not found"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "critical process died" -> "Operating System not found": After the latest Windows 10 upgrade, my Sony VAIO desktop computer cannot find the operating system. The restart said it "critical process died" then it went again to a message "Operating System not found". What now?...
  10. BSOD Store exception, critical Process died plus no bootable device

BSOD Store exception, critical Process died plus no bootable device: Hello everyone, Around two months ago I accidentally shut down my laptop(a Toshiba) while a program froze(something like configuration settings or the file browser). From that moment my laptop would show *No bootable device please restart system* and after a couple of...