Windows 10: Critical Process Died BSOD - Installing Windows 10

Discus and support Critical Process Died BSOD - Installing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, My friend just bought a new laptop, and I helped him upgrade the specs. Upon installing Windows, it gets to the bit where Cortana is supposed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thebyronq, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Critical Process Died BSOD - Installing Windows 10

Hi, My friend just bought a new laptop, and I helped him upgrade the specs.

Upon installing Windows, it gets to the bit where Cortana is supposed to start talking, and we get the BSOD - Critical Process Died.

Is this more likely to be a Windows issue or a Hardware issue?

(Was not able to contact dell at the time, but have instructed my friend to run some hardware tests and then see what happened. The memory test went fine, but havent done the storage drives tests yet.)

TIA!

Upgraded Parts:

Dell Inspiron 14 2in1 5485

8GB > 16GB DDR4 2666 SODIMM

256 > 512GB M.2 NVME

NO HDD > 1TB 2.5" SSD

submitted by /u/thebyronq
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thebyronq, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Critical Process Died BSOD - Installing Windows 10

BSOD - Critical Process Died

Hi Tony,

The blue screen error with a stop code 'Critical Process Died' that you encountered can be caused by a recent update, device drivers that got corrupted or system files that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• What changes were made or what updates were installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Did you mean to say that you ran your device in safe mode when you said that you booted the device with only Microsoft Processes running?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to run the driver verifier. Driver verifier is an inbuilt tool in the Windows operating system, which helps you to test the drivers which may be corrupted. These corrupted drivers may contribute as to why you're getting a "Blue Screen of Death" (BSOD)
    or stop errors.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Critical Process Died BSOD - Installing Windows 10

1. Critical Process Died BSOD - Installing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Critical Process Died

2. Critical Process Died - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died - BSOD: Hello,There was a blackout, and upon starting my computer, I was greeted with the blue screen of death, with the only message being "Critical Process Died."I attempted all the recovery options available:Safe mode gives the same error; critical process diedchkdsk /r completed,...
  3. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Critical Process Died: I accidently installed a new audio driver which ended up messing up my system. I did a system restore and the PC booted as normal. I shut the computer off when I went for dinner. When I returned to turn the computer back on, I got the BSOD with the critical process died. I...
  4. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  5. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  6. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Critical Process Died: Hi,Since yesterday, i have been having issues with my PC. It keeps on going to a BSOD Critical Process Died. I have google this up and followed the sfc /scannow and other methods, but none work. Sometimes my pc freezes after i type in my pin, other times it lets me sign in,...
  7. Critical Process Died bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  8. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  9. BSOD Critical Process Died

BSOD Critical Process Died: My PC BSOD'ed 5 times in a row now, here's a link to the minidump files https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuFFvdJOMwSV0mzAdR1EmCi8nWBR?e=ynEBa6 Can I get a help on what's going on? I just had an update last night btw, so I'm not sure if that's somehow related. Thanks...
  10. BSOD - Critical Process Died

BSOD - Critical Process Died: Hi, could anyone check on my BSOD logs? I get the feeling it might be a hardware issue as I have reinstalled OS multiple times already and it still occurs. Thanks! BSOD sometimes shows CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Though I do notice sometimes it showed UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION....