Windows 10: Critical Process Died BSOD on Startup

Discus and support Critical Process Died BSOD on Startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, I just recently started having this issue. When I boot the PC, it immediately goes to this BSOD. Auto repair obviously wasn't able to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dmdordan, Oct 12, 2018.

1. dmdordan Win User

Critical Process Died BSOD on Startup

Hello all,

I just recently started having this issue. When I boot the PC, it immediately goes to this BSOD. Auto repair obviously wasn't able to fix it. I can't really post a crash dump as I can't even get into Windows. I don't really know what this error means, but here is a list of the troubleshooting I've done thus far:

-Re-image computer
    -System restore to the earliest restore point where I know the issue was not happening
    -Numerous command prompts (sfc /scannow, chkdsk C: /f, chkdsk C: /r, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth)
    -Reset PC (not able to reset, just gives error that says "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.")

Those are all the troubleshooting steps I could find through Google-fu. Please let me know if you have further suggestions.

Thank you,
    Derek

:)

dmdordan, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Critical Process Died BSOD on Startup

Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Critical Process Died BSOD on Startup

1. Critical Process Died BSOD on Startup - Similar Threads - Critical Process Died

2. Critical Process Died - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died - BSOD: Hello,There was a blackout, and upon starting my computer, I was greeted with the blue screen of death, with the only message being "Critical Process Died."I attempted all the recovery options available:Safe mode gives the same error; critical process diedchkdsk /r completed,...
  3. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Critical Process Died: I accidently installed a new audio driver which ended up messing up my system. I did a system restore and the PC booted as normal. I shut the computer off when I went for dinner. When I returned to turn the computer back on, I got the BSOD with the critical process died. I...
  4. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  5. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  6. Critical Process Died bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  7. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  8. Critical process died BSOD on startup

Critical process died BSOD on startup: Hi everyone, I've been having a lot of troubles with my laptop recently. At first, i started getting the atikmdag.sys BSOD about a week ago and it started happening after i used AMD software to update my drivers. Without updating with AMD software, i was unable to change my...
  9. Critical Process Died on startup

Critical Process Died on startup: hello there I am experiencing an issue with startup on my pc. I am getting the "Critical process died" error then it attempts to diagnose and repair but always fails. I have attempted several times to start windows in safe mode and that fails, I have tried to perform system...
  10. BSOD - Critical Process Died

BSOD - Critical Process Died: Hi, could anyone check on my BSOD logs? I get the feeling it might be a hardware issue as I have reinstalled OS multiple times already and it still occurs. Thanks! BSOD sometimes shows CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Though I do notice sometimes it showed UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION....