Windows 10: Critical process died BSOD on startup

Discus and support Critical process died BSOD on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I've been having a lot of troubles with my laptop recently. At first, i started getting the atikmdag.sys BSOD about a week ago and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mikkeyoo, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Mikkeyoo Win User

Critical process died BSOD on startup

Hi everyone,

I've been having a lot of troubles with my laptop recently. At first, i started getting the atikmdag.sys BSOD about a week ago and it started happening after i used AMD software to update my drivers. Without updating with AMD software, i was unable to change my brightness and it was constantly on 100% and felt as if it was going to take off, it got quite warm.

I got the atikmdag.sys BSOD when opening Spotify, WhatsApp, and some other programs, but not with all of them i was able to use Firefox but not Chrome.

All of these issues made me reset and reinstall a fresh Windows. It worked for quite a bit but still with the same problems of not being able to change brightness -> updating drivers with external software -> getting atikmdag.sys BSOD...

And now, 2 days after doing the reset and also doing the newest Windows update, I get the Critical Process Died BSOD and I'm only able to get to the recovery screen and not even use safe mode, so my options are limited and I'm not sure what to do. Is there anything that could help with the BSOD and to ensure that I stop getting the brightness issues or other BSODs?

I have the HP Pavilion 15-e056so laptop with AMD quad core A10-5750M APU with Radeon HD 8650G graphics. I know it's at the end of its lifetime and I'm wondering if there's anything to do other than buying a new one.

:)

Mikkeyoo, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Tukas Win User
    BSOD- Critical Process died, System_service_exception, Memory_managent

I can not see BEDaisy.sys file in the list. Attaching a picture, sorted by name.

Critical process died BSOD on startup [​IMG]

Tukas, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Critical process died BSOD on startup

critical process died in windows 10

Hi,

To resolve your concern about the critical process died in Windows 10, we suggest that you do the system diagnostics. Here are the steps:

• Boot your computer and continuously press ESC key on your keyboard until you reach the
      Startup menu.
    • From the Startup menu, press F2 (or whatever the designated key is) for
      System Diagnostics.
    • Use arrow keys to navigate and choose Hard Drive Check.
    • Choose Extensive Check.
    Allow it to finish then boot your computer as normal.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Critical process died BSOD on startup

1. Critical process died BSOD on startup - Similar Threads - Critical process died

2. Critical Process Died - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died - BSOD: Hello,There was a blackout, and upon starting my computer, I was greeted with the blue screen of death, with the only message being "Critical Process Died."I attempted all the recovery options available:Safe mode gives the same error; critical process diedchkdsk /r completed,...
  3. BSOD Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Critical Process Died: I accidently installed a new audio driver which ended up messing up my system. I did a system restore and the PC booted as normal. I shut the computer off when I went for dinner. When I returned to turn the computer back on, I got the BSOD with the critical process died. I...
  4. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  5. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  6. Critical Process Died bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  7. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  8. Critical Process Died on startup

Critical Process Died on startup: hello there I am experiencing an issue with startup on my pc. I am getting the "Critical process died" error then it attempts to diagnose and repair but always fails. I have attempted several times to start windows in safe mode and that fails, I have tried to perform system...
  9. BSOD - Critical Process Died

BSOD - Critical Process Died: Hi, could anyone check on my BSOD logs? I get the feeling it might be a hardware issue as I have reinstalled OS multiple times already and it still occurs. Thanks! BSOD sometimes shows CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Though I do notice sometimes it showed UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION....
  10. Critical Process Died BSOD on Startup

Critical Process Died BSOD on Startup: Hello all, I just recently started having this issue. When I boot the PC, it immediately goes to this BSOD. Auto repair obviously wasn't able to fix it. I can't really post a crash dump as I can't even get into Windows. I don't really know what this error means, but here is...