Windows 10: Critical Process Died. Can't boot in safe mode, can't restore to previous point, SFC...

Discus and support Critical Process Died. Can't boot in safe mode, can't restore to previous point, SFC... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Automatic Repair hits a dead end and makes SrtTrail.txt every time. Can't start windows whatsoever, and every CMD command ive tried so far hasnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZackMcCormick1, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Critical Process Died. Can't boot in safe mode, can't restore to previous point, SFC...

Automatic Repair hits a dead end and makes SrtTrail.txt every time. Can't start windows whatsoever, and every CMD command ive tried so far hasnt worked. Honestly if I could format the drive and start over, I would, but I dont have another computer handy. I'd rather not lose my personal files, but I don't see another way. My last backup wasn't a complete one, and was months and months ago.

What do I do?

:)

ZackMcCormick1, Nov 6, 2020

2. Critical process died

I receive the issue Critical process died after each booting. I can not roll back to the restore point because I get the same error. The Safe Mode didn’t help either

ThaddeusGriffiths, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Memori0 Win User
    Critical Process Died while trying to boot Safe mode

Hello,

A friend of mine started his computer after not using it for a while, after getting passed the windows loading screen, he would get a blackscreen (Monitor is on, he also doesn't have a password).

I followed this windows central page (Troubleshoot and fix the black screen problem on Windows 10).

I asked him to try booting in safe mode, I told him to perform a clean boot. It didn't work, we then tried booting from a restore point (he chose the 16th of July restore point, the one before the windows update as he suspected it could be because of the
    latest update). Still didn't work, he tried rebooting in safe mode but would get a blue screen with: "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED".

He retried booting in safe mode multiple times but the same error would appear.

I then tried to follow this to fix this (Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode).

After going into the cmd and typing "DISM.exe /Online / Cleanup-image /Restorehealth", he would get this (rough translation since his computer is in French) "DISM doesn't take in charge the maintenance of Windows PE with the option /Online The log file DISM
    is in X: \windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

(https://media.discordapp.net/attach...JPEG_20190728_235746.jpg?width=367&height=490).

Thanks reading and thanks in advance for your time.

Memori0, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Critical Process Died. Can't boot in safe mode, can't restore to previous point, SFC...

Critical process died

My interrupted restore caused a critical process died error and I have no restore points and the safe modes have failed me . What should I do?

Will Nderitu, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Critical Process Died. Can't boot in safe mode, can't restore to previous point, SFC...

1. Critical Process Died. Can't boot in safe mode, can't restore to previous point, SFC... - Similar Threads - Critical Process Died

2. Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode. Command Prompt...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode. Command Prompt...: I had driver issues to my laptop which made screen go black immediately after log in. I also had a system restore point before driver or windows 11 update. So i restored my laptop to that earlier point. But now I'm facing bluescreen error with Critical Process Died stop code....
  3. Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode. Command Prompt...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode. Command Prompt...: I had driver issues to my laptop which made screen go black immediately after log in. I also had a system restore point before driver or windows 11 update. So i restored my laptop to that earlier point. But now I'm facing bluescreen error with Critical Process Died stop code....
  4. Critical process died error can't reset restore points not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical process died error can't reset restore points not working: Hi my name is ojas I would like to ask for help from this community about the critical process died error on my windows 10 computerI have tried everything and nothing works sfc scans does not work either it gives an error that windows resource protection could not perform the...
  5. Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode. Stuck in automatic...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode. Stuck in automatic...: I was playin some games last night, and suddenly had BSOD out of no where. I was doing nothing different, now computer is stuck in bsod loop. I have tried many things, but none work Startup repair - FAIL Startup settings and boting in safemode - FAIL Uninstall updates -...
  6. Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode.

Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode.: I have the same issue as the link below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/critical-process-died-no-restore-point-unable-to/99a81afc-cb4a-488f-b594-168e0bcccb6e?page=1 My issue happened after i tried to restore my laptop to an earlier...
  7. Critical process died, SFC didn't help, no system restore point, and can't access safemode

Critical process died, SFC didn't help, no system restore point, and can't access safemode: This only started happening today. I tried booting up my PC, but I've gotten an error saying my PC needs to restart because of a CRITICAL PROCESS DIED error. The computer can't reset, I can't boot up in safe mode, I have two system restore points to use. But I can't click...
  8. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED will not boot will not boot in safe mode

CRITICAL PROCESS DIED will not boot will not boot in safe mode: First off the only thing I have access to is the troubleshoot screen. Will not boot what so ever even in any safemode. The restore point cannot be used since drives are not protected to do so. I cannot command prompt a protection. Cannot even do a delete all reset on windows...
  9. Critical Process Died + No Boot + No Safe mode

Critical Process Died + No Boot + No Safe mode: Had my PC off for a day or so since I wasn’t using it, and I am greeted with Critical Process Died screen. I cannot enter the recovery environment to restore or reset, none of the startup settings appear to work, just stuck in this boot loop and cannot get to the Windows...
  10. Can't Boot (Critical Process Died)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Boot (Critical Process Died): getting the above error after 3 fresh windows 10 installs, at various stages after the install. all seemed well for hours. i had no viruses. i tried to reboot in all the offered manners (e.g. safe boot, debug, etc) but could never re-boot. any idea why this is happened...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. critical process died after interrupetd black screen recovery

2. Windows 10 critical process died loop cant boot into safe mode of sfc