Windows 10: Critical Process Died Every Time

Discus and support Critical Process Died Every Time in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, What started as what I think was a memory management issue has spiraled into an endless loop of Critical Process Died BSOD. It all started this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArchieBailey12, Nov 21, 2020 at 11:13 AM.

1. Critical Process Died Every Time

Hi,

What started as what I think was a memory management issue has spiraled into an endless loop of Critical Process Died BSOD. It all started this morning after my PC blue screened while I was gaming. I looked into the event viewer and the error was related to Kernerl32.dll. After some troubleshooting, I narrowed it down to a memory issue after going into 'This PC', right clicking on each drive and clicking on 'error check', to which one of them said something along the lines of a 'memory problem'. My Windows was up to date with the latest updates and I had the latest graphics card driver. I did some more research and saw several suggestions to install free software that would search my PC and update any other drivers that may not be up to date. I downloaded 'Bit Driver Updater' and it found 4 drivers to update which I did. I also went into Windows driver verifier and followed some suggested troubleshoot steps there. After that restart, it took me to the Windows login page but as I went to type in my PIN it blue screened and I haven't been able to get past the blue screen since. I have come across blue screens saying 'win32kbase.sys' and 'system service exception' but more recently all I get it 'critical_process_died'.

I have tried various options in advanced options to no avail. Chkdsk says 'no problems' although it also says 'failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 6'. Scannow says 'windows resource protection could not perform requested operation'. DSIM says 'an initilisation error occurred'. I have tried the two options regarding uninstalling latest build and feature updates but no luck with that, it says it was unable to run or something along those lines. I also tried downloading Windows onto a USB and going through the 'repair this PC' option but again no such luck, it says 'startup repair couldn't repair your PC'. Finally, I have tried the command BOOTREC /scannos and it says 'total identified windows installations: 0'. It sounds like something has gone badly wrong and my only option is to try the 'Reset PC' option? Any other advice or help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Archie.

:)

ArchieBailey12, Nov 21, 2020 at 11:13 AM
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 21, 2020 at 11:15 AM
  3. singh Win User
    Critical Process Died on windows 10 setup

Ive just opened event viewer as you suggested but I cant seem to find any error that says "critical process died"
    Critical Process Died Every Time [​IMG]

I have attached a screenshot of the event viewer. I have scrolled to the bottom to where it first booted up.

Ive downloaded the software you sent the link for but I'm not sure how to use it as nothing shows up when I load it.

4. Critical Process Died Every Time

Critical Process Died

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Kindly follow the steps in these sites:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/critical-process...

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/critical-process-...

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information with reference. Thoroughly research products advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it. Watch out for ads
    on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

GaneshGandhi1982, Nov 21, 2020 at 11:15 AM
Thema:

Critical Process Died Every Time

1. Critical Process Died Every Time - Similar Threads - Critical Process Died

2. critical process died

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    critical process died: hey this is my first time posting so i hope im not breaking any rules i got a pc like 4 weeks ago its been a couple of days since blue screens happen but most of it are windows errors cuz of installation error i think these blue screens only happens when there are multiple...
  3. Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died: My PC shuts off with some frequency posting "Critical Process Died". I have to pull the plug and reboot to get started again. What's going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died/ec450121-3981-4111-a89c-1e9975c79357
  4. Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical Process Died: I have been getting the stop code critical process died so I decided to reinstall Windows 10. Once I finished reinstalling, the error began showing up again. How do I fix this?...
  5. critical process died

critical process died: critical process died https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died/29b10271-f8fb-4049-86ab-447c55758f2e
  6. Critical Process Dies

Critical Process Dies: Anytime I start up my computer it blue screens before getting to the login screen and say critical process dies for any troubleshoot option there is it fails almost immediately i can access cmd prompt and i tried sfc /scan now and that showed no results i have tried to reset...
  7. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

CRITICAL PROCESS DIED: I tried to look up online about option to try to fix the issue. I opened command prompt and performed the sfc/scannow, it says verification 100% complete but the next line says Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. I performed a sfc/verifyonly...
  8. Critical Process Died

Critical Process Died: So, my computer won't get past the Windows recovery screen. I have tried restore points, resetting my pc, and even several command lines. So far, nothing has worked. The problem occurred after I installed a new hard drive with more memory. I cloned all of the data from the...
  9. Critical process died

Critical process died: Hello guys, I’m new here and I hope someone can point me at the right direction. My dad bought me a laptop when he was in other county, Acer(something), it came with built in Windows 10 and only thing I had to do is to make windows account and that’s it. I used laptop for...
  10. Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical Process Died: So recently I ran my antivirus and my whole windows shut down and showed Critical Process Died error. I tried to run it in safe mode with networking and all, not working. Tried to reset, not working. tried to restore to previous dates, not working...only thing that is...