Windows 10: Critical Process Died followed by "operating system wasn't found"

Discus and support Critical Process Died followed by "operating system wasn't found" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, my PC not long ago suddenly stopped what it was doing and gave me a blue screen saying critical process died no error code and then after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NeilioRC, Dec 8, 2020.

1. NeilioRC Win User

Critical Process Died followed by "operating system wasn't found"

Hello, my PC not long ago suddenly stopped what it was doing and gave me a blue screen saying critical process died no error code and then after restarting said that the operating system wasn't found. I turned it off at the plug and took the side off gave it a little clean and now it works I'm as clueless as to why it works as I was to why it didn't. But I don't know why it's done that or if it will do it again. Last week I had to do a full reset because it time warped a year and lost a hard drive. Everything seemed to be working after that and as sod's law would have it yesterday was exactly a year to the day I got it so the warranty is now gone.

Any help anyone can give me in preventing this from happening again or god forbid it happening and not being recoverable would be greatly appreciated but please use very basic terms with me.

Thank you.

:)

NeilioRC, Dec 8, 2020

2. "critical process died" -> "Operating System not found"

After the latest Windows 10 upgrade, my Sony VAIO desktop computer cannot find the operating system. The restart said it "critical process died" then it went again to a message "Operating System not found". What now?

JeffMiller_0223, Dec 8, 2020
  3. critical process died in windows 10

Hi,

To resolve your concern about the critical process died in Windows 10, we suggest that you do the system diagnostics. Here are the steps:

• Boot your computer and continuously press ESC key on your keyboard until you reach the
      Startup menu.
    • From the Startup menu, press F2 (or whatever the designated key is) for
      System Diagnostics.
    • Use arrow keys to navigate and choose Hard Drive Check.
    • Choose Extensive Check.
    Allow it to finish then boot your computer as normal.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Critical Process Died followed by "operating system wasn't found"

Critical Process Died

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Kindly follow the steps in these sites:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/critical-process...

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/critical-process-...

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information with reference. Thoroughly research products advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it. Watch out for ads
    on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

GaneshGandhi1982, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Critical Process Died followed by "operating system wasn't found"

1. Critical Process Died followed by "operating system wasn't found" - Similar Threads - Critical Process Died

2. 'An operating system wasn't found'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'An operating system wasn't found': Hello, I recently tried to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 using a USB stick, which contained the iso in it. Because it would take ages, i went to go sleep while it was installing and when I woke up it gave me the error message above. I quickly figured it was because I...
  3. 'An operating system wasn't found'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'An operating system wasn't found': Hello, I recently tried to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 using a USB stick, which contained the iso in it. Because it would take ages, i went to go sleep while it was installing and when I woke up it gave me the error message above. I quickly figured it was because I...
  4. 'An operating system wasn't found'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. An Operating System Wasn't Found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    An Operating System Wasn't Found: Hey guys, so yesterday I converted the hard drive partitions to dynamic disks and now it says gives me the An Operating system wasn't found error. I set the system partition (C) as active because I thought that after converting them to dynamic I have to choose on which...
  6. An operating system wasn't found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    An operating system wasn't found: An operating system wasn't found, Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system, Press Ctrl + Alt + Del. All of my drives are in order (Boot Order) and no matter how many times I restarted my PC it still pops up. And I have a zoom meeting soon :(...
  7. "critical process died" -> "Operating System not found"

"critical process died" -> "Operating System not found": After the latest Windows 10 upgrade, my Sony VAIO desktop computer cannot find the operating system. The restart said it "critical process died" then it went again to a message "Operating System not found". What now?...
  8. An Operating system wasn't found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    An Operating system wasn't found: Welcome, I have a huge problem with my operating system, I cant do anything with him, also I don't know how to fix it, it crashes from day to day with out even beign turn on. Please help me....
  9. An operating system wasn't found.

An operating system wasn't found.: So a few days ago my PC died so my brother gave me his old one that was working fine and running windows 10. He put my old SSD into the new PC so I didn't lose any data. Fast forward to today, I removed my old SSD (It was doing more harm than good staying in, plus I saved all...
  10. An operating system wasn't found?

in Windows 10 Support
    An operating system wasn't found?: So I was having trouble with my laptop (slow boot and restart etc) and decided to do a reset. I come back and see it's finished removing everything but it also says it couldn't remove some files (not sure which). I restart my laptop and come across a screen saying "An...