Windows 10: Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode. Stuck in automatic...

Discus and support Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode. Stuck in automatic... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was playin some games last night, and suddenly had BSOD out of no where. I was doing nothing different, now computer is stuck in bsod loop. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlecO., Mar 22, 2021.

1. AlecO. Win User

Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode. Stuck in automatic...

I was playin some games last night, and suddenly had BSOD out of no where. I was doing nothing different, now computer is stuck in bsod loop. I have tried many things, but none work

Startup repair - FAIL

Startup settings and boting in safemode - FAIL

Uninstall updates - FAIL

System Restore - FAIL

using boot usb and doing system repair that way - FAIL

attempted to chkdsk /r - FAIL

Reset computer saving files or not saving them - FAIL

I cannot access the OS, so please don't tell me to use my task bar, or do Windows+X key or anything like that. It doesn't work. That seems to be everyones first answer. I get it. But don't say it, I am tired of it.

Nothing is working, and I can't even access the logs to figure out what happened, because I cannot get past the system recovery options screen. If I click priceed to windows, it gives me another BSOD. I get one at every single bootup. My last options seem to be wiping the computer, or reinstalling windows over the previous one. But i don't want to looke any of my files. And I would like to not have to go buy and external hard-drive and use the robocopy comand in cmd. I would like to just use my computer again. I had 0 problems up until the crash. No warnings or precursors. My computer was flawless for almost 2 years straight. Then, suddenly, dead. I had so many windows updates recently, i almost wish I didn't do them. Because I know that has to be what caused this. I have changed nothing but doing updates when I shut down my computer at night. Please help. I have been at this for hours and don't really have the money for a repair shop for a few months. I use my computer daily, and work from home. So, its kind of important to get it up and running asap

P.S. : I followed nearly all steps on this thread to no avail... The last was to robo copy. I am hoping to find an alternative.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/critical-process-died-no-restore-point-unable-to/99a81afc-cb4a-488f-b594-168e0bcccb6e

:)

AlecO., Mar 22, 2021
  2. sanjuwdr Win User

Critical process died. Restoring fails. Unable to Reset. Unable to start in safe mode

My system is running on win 10 build 1909 with GTX 1050Ti card. From yesterday, the system started crashing often, I thought it will be some graphics driver issue and I reinstalled it. Still it was crashing and after that the BSOD screen with error "Critical
    process died" came.

After that windows is not loading and even the automatic repair too.

I tried some of the solutions from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died-no-restore-point-unable-to/99a81afc-cb4a-488f-b594-168e0bcccb6e

The last thing to do is to reinstall windows which I was trying to do, but the system gets stuck on the boot options screen.

What else can i do?

sanjuwdr, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode.

I have the same issue as the link below:

Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode

My issue happened after i tried to restore my laptop to an earlier version. As my wifi was not working. Previously, the wifi did not work as well (it was unable to detect any wifi) and I tried was like reseting BIOS and it worked. However, the wifi stopped
    working again. Thus I tired to restore my laptop to the last working point. It manage to boot up after the restore however, the wifi was not working. I shut down the laptop and now I am unable to boot it up again.

Have no restore point and unable to start in safe mode.

Startup repair - startup repair couldnt repair pc

Log File: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

I am unable to Reset this PC as well - "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made."

I am on a HP Pavilion laptop.

I have followed the steps from the link above.

I have tried this:

Method 3: Use the System File Checker (SFC) Tool

Results:

Verification 100% complete.

"Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."

I have tried this:

chkdsk C: /f /r /x

Results:

"Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.

No further action is required.

It states all the disk info.... and ends with this:

Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50."

May I know what do I do from here?

My laptop still does not boot.

Kyden ACTS, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode. Stuck in automatic...

Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode

Hi Jason,

When a critical component of Windows detects an unauthorized modification to its data, it immediately steps in, causing the Critical Process Died error to happen. Since you're unable to perform safe mode, we suggest trying some of the troubleshooting below
    and check if it makes any difference:

Method 1: Perform Clean Boot on Windows 10

1. From Start, search for msconfig.

2. Select System Configuration from the search results.

3. On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all.

4. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.

5. On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.

6. Close Task Manager.

7. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer.

Method 2: Update Drivers

Some hardware manufacturers offer handy software utilities that take care of driver updates for you, but most leave this critical procedure up to users.

When you purchase a new device, go straight to the official website of the manufacturer and download the latest drivers of the support page. Avoid beta drivers as well as unsigned drivers from hardware manufacturers with a shady reputation.

Method 3: Use the System File Checker (SFC) Tool

Update us with the result.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Jenicel Dri, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode. Stuck in automatic...

1. Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode. Stuck in automatic... - Similar Threads - Critical process died

2. Unable to start computer, "Critical Process Died".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to start computer, "Critical Process Died".: Hello,Around noon today, encountered an issue on my computer where I tried to login to my computer and got a bluescreen. ASUS ran an "Automatic Repair" and I was able to bypass it and get to the lock screen of my computer. I attempted to login to my account using my PIN, but...
  3. Unable to start computer, "Critical Process Died".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to start computer, "Critical Process Died".: Hello,Around noon today, encountered an issue on my computer where I tried to login to my computer and got a bluescreen. ASUS ran an "Automatic Repair" and I was able to bypass it and get to the lock screen of my computer. I attempted to login to my account using my PIN, but...
  4. Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode. Command Prompt...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode. Command Prompt...: I had driver issues to my laptop which made screen go black immediately after log in. I also had a system restore point before driver or windows 11 update. So i restored my laptop to that earlier point. But now I'm facing bluescreen error with Critical Process Died stop code....
  5. Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode. Command Prompt...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode. Command Prompt...: I had driver issues to my laptop which made screen go black immediately after log in. I also had a system restore point before driver or windows 11 update. So i restored my laptop to that earlier point. But now I'm facing bluescreen error with Critical Process Died stop code....
  6. Critical Process Died. Can't boot in safe mode, can't restore to previous point, SFC...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died. Can't boot in safe mode, can't restore to previous point, SFC...: Automatic Repair hits a dead end and makes SrtTrail.txt every time. Can't start windows whatsoever, and every CMD command ive tried so far hasnt worked. Honestly if I could format the drive and start over, I would, but I dont have another computer handy. I'd rather not lose...
  7. Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode.: I have the same issue as the link below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/critical-process-died-no-restore-point-unable-to/99a81afc-cb4a-488f-b594-168e0bcccb6e?page=1 My issue happened after i tried to restore my laptop to an earlier...
  8. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED will not boot will not boot in safe mode

CRITICAL PROCESS DIED will not boot will not boot in safe mode: First off the only thing I have access to is the troubleshoot screen. Will not boot what so ever even in any safemode. The restore point cannot be used since drives are not protected to do so. I cannot command prompt a protection. Cannot even do a delete all reset on windows...
  9. Critical Process Died + No Boot + No Safe mode

Critical Process Died + No Boot + No Safe mode: Had my PC off for a day or so since I wasn’t using it, and I am greeted with Critical Process Died screen. I cannot enter the recovery environment to restore or reset, none of the startup settings appear to work, just stuck in this boot loop and cannot get to the Windows...
  10. Critical process died. Restoring fails. Unable to Reset. Unable to start in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical process died. Restoring fails. Unable to Reset. Unable to start in safe mode: My system is running on win 10 build 1909 with GTX 1050Ti card. From yesterday, the system started crashing often, I thought it will be some graphics driver issue and I reinstalled it. Still it was crashing and after that the BSOD screen with error "Critical process died"...