Windows 10: Critical Process Died on windows 10 setup

Discus and support Critical Process Died on windows 10 setup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all I recently installed a new ssd into my laptop and installed a fresh installation of windows 10 onto it. When it started up after the install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by singh, Jun 24, 2016.

1. singh Win User

Critical Process Died on windows 10 setup

Hi all

I recently installed a new ssd into my laptop and installed a fresh installation of windows 10 onto it. When it started up after the install and reached the screen where you setup a user and password the computer froze and I got the message "Critical Process Died". It then did its thing collecting info and restarted and I managed to get into windows. I thought it may have fixed it but then when I started to load up files and software I kept getting the error screen again.

Now I have done another fresh install on windows on the drive and the same thing happened, Right at the user setup screen the error message appeared again.

I have checked the ssd with sfc scannow but it didn't find any errors.

Could someone help me out as I need the laptop for work on Monday!

Thanks in advance

:)

singh, Jun 24, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jun 24, 2016
  3. trbogt Win User
    trbogt, Jun 24, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

When you replaced your hard drive, did you go into bios and changed from IDE to AHCI? SSDs require AHCI for optimal performance.

swarfega, Jun 24, 2016
  5. singh Win User
    Yes that was one of the first things I did as it wasn't letting me install windows onto the ssd at first so changed that to AHCI

singh, Jun 24, 2016
  6. swarfega Win User
    When you say fresh installation, was it a format then install?

swarfega, Jun 24, 2016
  7. singh Win User
    I just used the USB stick again to start a new install to install over the first installation. I just deleted all the partitions in the setup menu and did the install again

singh, Jun 24, 2016
  8. swarfega Win User

Thats what I do for a clean install. Are you able to find out exactly what critical process died? It should be listed in event viewer in custom view.

Also you can download this software to help you view the crash dump.

swarfega, Jun 24, 2016
  9. singh Win User
    Ive just opened event viewer as you suggested but I cant seem to find any error that says "critical process died"
    Critical Process Died on windows 10 setup [​IMG]

I have attached a screenshot of the event viewer. I have scrolled to the bottom to where it first booted up.

Ive downloaded the software you sent the link for but I'm not sure how to use it as nothing shows up when I load it.

singh, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Critical Process Died on windows 10 setup - Similar Threads - Critical Process Died

2. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRITICAL PROCESS DIED: any fix u cant do anything I cant restart it I cant do any of the tubulshots https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died/6a6974e3-09c7-4941-9076-d0f7884892c8
  3. Critical process died

Critical process died: Hi, I have a problem with my pc because i cant work it properly. I clivk the power button, then the screen loads with te windows sign and says preparing automatic repair after 10 seconds it carries on loading and says diagnosing your pc then it says something about a disk...
  4. Critical Process Died

Critical Process Died: tried to boot into windows and immediately crashed, Stop Code: Critical Process Died. safe mode is also unavailable due to this crash, it crashes immediately as well. I cant roll back to a restore point, it fails immediately, I cant format the system and reinstall windows,...
  5. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

CRITICAL PROCESS DIED: My PC just get restart and it shows a blue screen and says your PC run into a problem and also at the bottom says CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and it is happening again and again when I use My PC.KINDLY Please Help ME....
  6. Critical Process Died

Critical Process Died: Hey guys, yesterday i did a clean install of Windows, i was having BSOD's all the time, but yesterday i got none. Today i got Critical Process died. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died/d6b6b945-c455-43e2-b1c1-c29735a35cd4
  7. Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical Process Died: I've got a blue screen with the stopcode Critical Process Died. I've tried every option offered including losing all my files, etc. Nothing gets me past the blue screen. I did have malware so I restore my computer to an earlier date. I've also had a problem with my audio for...
  8. Critical process died

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical process died: Something wrong happend with my laptop It looks like windows 10 can't see the hard drive correctly (the folders are unseen). On linux bootable from pendrive everything works fine. Laptop is very old Toshiba Satellite A300 14T. Maybe somebody knows the reason?...
  9. Critical Process Died

Critical Process Died: I have a Dell XPS 8700 that will not boot. I get the blue screen with "Critical Process Died". It then tries to repair with no success. I have entered advanced options to boot in safe mode. Again no success. I ran sfc /scannow. Still nothing. Ran Dell diagnostics and all...
  10. Critical process died

Critical process died: Hello, I have a some problem with my new laptop HP 255 G4 with Windows 10 Home x64. Today I get a BSOD with name Critical Process Died. This laptop was reinstalled and all drivers was updated.. pls help me solve what is the problem. Sorry for my bad english Im from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. critical process died Windows 10 Setup