Windows 10: "critical process died" -> "Operating System not found"

Discus and support "critical process died" -> "Operating System not found" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the latest Windows 10 upgrade, my Sony VAIO desktop computer cannot find the operating system. The restart said it "critical process died" then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JeffMiller_0223, Jan 3, 2020.

1. "critical process died" -> "Operating System not found"

After the latest Windows 10 upgrade, my Sony VAIO desktop computer cannot find the operating system. The restart said it "critical process died" then it went again to a message "Operating System not found". What now?

:)

JeffMiller_0223, Jan 3, 2020

2. critical process died in windows 10

Hi,

To resolve your concern about the critical process died in Windows 10, we suggest that you do the system diagnostics. Here are the steps:

• Boot your computer and continuously press ESC key on your keyboard until you reach the
      Startup menu.
    • From the Startup menu, press F2 (or whatever the designated key is) for
      System Diagnostics.
    • Use arrow keys to navigate and choose Hard Drive Check.
    • Choose Extensive Check.
    Allow it to finish then boot your computer as normal.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 3, 2020
  4. singh Win User

"critical process died" -> "Operating System not found"

Critical Process Died on windows 10 setup

Ive just opened event viewer as you suggested but I cant seem to find any error that says "critical process died"
    "critical process died" -> "Operating System not found" [​IMG]

I have attached a screenshot of the event viewer. I have scrolled to the bottom to where it first booted up.

Ive downloaded the software you sent the link for but I'm not sure how to use it as nothing shows up when I load it.

singh, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

"critical process died" -> "Operating System not found"

1. "critical process died" -> "Operating System not found" - Similar Threads - critical process died

2. Critical process died & boot device not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical process died & boot device not found: Hi everyone, I recently update windows 11 I believe in October and since then I have had issues with starting my laptop a HP laptop. Most of the time I try to start the laptop it says the stop code is 'Critical process died'. It then restarts and takes me to a black page that...
  3. Critical process died & boot device not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical process died & boot device not found: Hi everyone, I recently update windows 11 I believe in October and since then I have had issues with starting my laptop a HP laptop. Most of the time I try to start the laptop it says the stop code is 'Critical process died'. It then restarts and takes me to a black page that...
  4. Critical Process died and no bootable device found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Process died and no bootable device found: I have a computer at my job that just keeps giving the critical process died BSOD and no boot screen after it restarts. No matter what I do, this keeps coming back over and over. I have replaced the SSD, both cables connecting to the SSD, ran everything under the sun, and the...
  5. Critical Process died and no bootable device found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Process died and no bootable device found: I have a computer at my job that just keeps giving the critical process died BSOD and no boot screen after it restarts. No matter what I do, this keeps coming back over and over. I have replaced the SSD, both cables connecting to the SSD, ran everything under the sun, and the...
  6. Critical Process died and no bootable device found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical Process Died: So I recently got this, and and it would restart the computer, but I’d turn it off and on before it could restart so it would go back to my main screen, but today I just let it go all the way through and now it’s making me reinstall windows 10 with the product key. It’s been...
  8. Critical Process Died followed by "operating system wasn't found"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical Process Died followed by "operating system wasn't found": Hello, my PC not long ago suddenly stopped what it was doing and gave me a blue screen saying critical process died no error code and then after restarting said that the operating system wasn't found. I turned it off at the plug and took the side off gave it a little clean...
  9. Critical Process Died

Critical Process Died: I can't start the computer, I always get the blue screen with the stop code critical process died. I tried restoring the system but it asked to turn on protection for the disk. I tried to do so through commands (net start vss, rstrui) and even though I was allowed to choose a...
  10. Critical process died

Critical process died: I receive the issue Critical process died after each booting. I can not roll back to the restore point because I get the same error. The Safe Mode didn’t help either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died/4cbc9ee9-0a1b-4c14-a983-1881d5d2e2ef

Users found this page by searching for:

1. critical process died operating system not found sony