Windows 10: Critical process died, SFC didn't help, no system restore point, and can't access safemode

Discus and support Critical process died, SFC didn't help, no system restore point, and can't access safemode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This only started happening today. I tried booting up my PC, but I've gotten an error saying my PC needs to restart because of a CRITICAL PROCESS DIED... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rapostl, May 10, 2020.

1. rapostl Win User

Critical process died, SFC didn't help, no system restore point, and can't access safemode

This only started happening today. I tried booting up my PC, but I've gotten an error saying my PC needs to restart because of a CRITICAL PROCESS DIED error. The computer can't reset, I can't boot up in safe mode, I have two system restore points to use. But I can't click them and Local Disk C: because I "must enable system protection on this drive". I'm new to CMD and I got a different error from SFC command than any I've seen online.

:)

rapostl, May 10, 2020

2. Critical Process Died

tried to boot into windows and immediately crashed, Stop Code: Critical Process Died. safe mode is also unavailable due to this crash, it crashes immediately as well. I cant roll back to a restore point, it fails immediately, I cant format the system and
    reinstall windows, all I have access to is the command prompt through the recovery centers advanced options, sfc doesnt work either. I'm running out of ideas on how to fix it, as wells as everything I have found online requires getting access to the desktop
    which I lack. any ideas?

Hackettbr1, May 10, 2020
  3. Critical process died

My interrupted restore caused a critical process died error and I have no restore points and the safe modes have failed me . What should I do?

Will Nderitu, May 10, 2020
  4. Critical process died, SFC didn't help, no system restore point, and can't access safemode

Critical Process Died BSOD

Received a Critical Process Died BSOD, I can not get into Safe Mode (same BSOD), but I do have Windows Recovery, Windows PE and Windows 10 Boot to use to access Command Prompt. System Restore won't let me restore, some comment about enabling system Protection.
    SFC /Scannow gives a Windows Resource Protection Error, and DISM won't work in the recovery environment. Any help fixing Windows short of a "reset" would be fantastic.

JoshuaClarkson, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Critical process died, SFC didn't help, no system restore point, and can't access safemode

1. Critical process died, SFC didn't help, no system restore point, and can't access safemode - Similar Threads - Critical process died

2. Critical Process Died HELP!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical Process Died HELP!: Late last night I was installing some programs From Steam, nothing I wouldn’t ordinarily trust when my screen went all black and went completely unresponsive, I manually shut my PC off and it attempted to rebuild the cache and now it’s stuck in a permanent loop of saying the...
  3. Critical Process Died HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Process Died HELP!: Late last night I was installing some programs From Steam, nothing I wouldn’t ordinarily trust when my screen went all black and went completely unresponsive, I manually shut my PC off and it attempted to rebuild the cache and now it’s stuck in a permanent loop of saying the...
  4. Critical Process Died HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Critical process died loop, no restore points, absolutely nothing in the recovery...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical process died loop, no restore points, absolutely nothing in the recovery...: As the title says, my computer has basically stopped working. I recently installed. a feature update for Windows 10, and within an hour of it finishing, received the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED stopcode. Since then, I can’t get to the login screen even in Safe Mode before receiving...
  6. Critical process died loop, no restore points, absolutely nothing in the recovery...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical process died loop, no restore points, absolutely nothing in the recovery...: As the title says, my computer has basically stopped working. I recently installed. a feature update for Windows 10, and within an hour of it finishing, received the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED stopcode. Since then, I can’t get to the login screen even in Safe Mode before receiving...
  7. Critical process died error can't reset restore points not working

Critical process died error can't reset restore points not working: Hi my name is ojas I would like to ask for help from this community about the critical process died error on my windows 10 computerI have tried everything and nothing works sfc scans does not work either it gives an error that windows resource protection could not perform the...
  8. BSOD: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED -no safemode -cant reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED -no safemode -cant reset: Hi all, I was playing Tekken and everything was fine. I go to close Spotify and it won’t close. I notice I can’t close or open anything. I thought it might be best if I restart my PC. Now it just BSODs on startup. Startup repair doesn’t do anything. I’ve tried chkdsk, it...
  9. Critical Process Died. Can't boot in safe mode, can't restore to previous point, SFC...

Critical Process Died. Can't boot in safe mode, can't restore to previous point, SFC...: Automatic Repair hits a dead end and makes SrtTrail.txt every time. Can't start windows whatsoever, and every CMD command ive tried so far hasnt worked. Honestly if I could format the drive and start over, I would, but I dont have another computer handy. I'd rather not lose...
  10. Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode.: I have the same issue as the link below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/critical-process-died-no-restore-point-unable-to/99a81afc-cb4a-488f-b594-168e0bcccb6e?page=1 My issue happened after i tried to restore my laptop to an earlier...