Windows 10: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED will not boot will not boot in safe mode

Discus and support CRITICAL PROCESS DIED will not boot will not boot in safe mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First off the only thing I have access to is the troubleshoot screen. Will not boot what so ever even in any safemode. The restore point cannot be used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by m1a1prozer, Feb 14, 2020.

1. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED will not boot will not boot in safe mode

First off the only thing I have access to is the troubleshoot screen. Will not boot what so ever even in any safemode. The restore point cannot be used since drives are not protected to do so. I cannot command prompt a protection. Cannot even do a delete all reset on windows from the blue screen. Worked fine until a few drivers got an update now its stuck

:)

m1a1prozer, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Memori0 Win User

Critical Process Died while trying to boot Safe mode

Hello,

A friend of mine started his computer after not using it for a while, after getting passed the windows loading screen, he would get a blackscreen (Monitor is on, he also doesn't have a password).

I followed this windows central page (Troubleshoot and fix the black screen problem on Windows 10).

I asked him to try booting in safe mode, I told him to perform a clean boot. It didn't work, we then tried booting from a restore point (he chose the 16th of July restore point, the one before the windows update as he suspected it could be because of the
    latest update). Still didn't work, he tried rebooting in safe mode but would get a blue screen with: "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED".

He retried booting in safe mode multiple times but the same error would appear.

I then tried to follow this to fix this (Critical process died. No restore point. Unable to start in safe mode).

After going into the cmd and typing "DISM.exe /Online / Cleanup-image /Restorehealth", he would get this (rough translation since his computer is in French) "DISM doesn't take in charge the maintenance of Windows PE with the option /Online The log file DISM
    is in X: \windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

(https://media.discordapp.net/attach...JPEG_20190728_235746.jpg?width=367&height=490).

Thanks reading and thanks in advance for your time.

Memori0, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Memori0 Win User
    Critical Process Died while trying to boot Safe mode

Hello,

As said in the first message, he can't access safe mode to get the dump files, when he tries to launch safe mode he gets a blue screen with the error: "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED".

Have a good evening.

Memori0, Feb 14, 2020
  4. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED will not boot will not boot in safe mode

Critical Process Died + No Boot + No Safe mode

Had my PC off for a day or so since I wasn’t using it, and I am greeted with Critical Process Died screen. I cannot enter the recovery environment to restore or reset, none of the startup settings appear to work, just stuck in this boot loop and cannot get
    to the Windows desktop.

No major hardware or software changes were made leading up to this.

What other options can I personally do?

Nickykabob, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

CRITICAL PROCESS DIED will not boot will not boot in safe mode

1. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED will not boot will not boot in safe mode - Similar Threads - CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

2. Critical process died & boot device not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical process died & boot device not found: Hi everyone, I recently update windows 11 I believe in October and since then I have had issues with starting my laptop a HP laptop. Most of the time I try to start the laptop it says the stop code is 'Critical process died'. It then restarts and takes me to a black page that...
  3. Critical process died when booting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical process died when booting up: Here are the various issues I'm running into, all stemming from BSOD with 'Critical Process Died'.Tried running chkdsk; unable to because of error 'Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected.' Then, tried clearing disk attributes readonly,...
  4. Critical process died boot loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Critical process died boot loop: Hi guys, i just have this bsod everytime i booted to my windows 64bit os+some ram issues that i fixed by removing 1 stick and wont even boot to safe modeI fixed the issue by booting to my 32 bit system via dualboot but still any thoughts about my problemIt boots normally...
  5. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED CANNOT BOOT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CRITICAL PROCESS DIED CANNOT BOOT: So I got this error yesterday and Ive tried EVERYTHING and nothing is working. I don't know what to do and saying all the things I tried would make this thread endless. I'm using a desktop and I have no access to the hone screen and I cannot boot into safe mode...
  6. Error code 0xc000001 on normal boot mode and "Critical process died" on safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error code 0xc000001 on normal boot mode and "Critical process died" on safe mode: Basicly what happened is that when I installed a windows update and woke up on the next day my PC couldn't boot up after 3 tries and told me about Error code 0xc000001. When I however tried to boot in safe mode Windows told me about "Critical process died". I tried to fix...
  7. Unable to boot - "critical process died"

Unable to boot - "critical process died": Yesterday i had a BSOD with a driver problem. It would get to the desktop and each time give a "exception not handled" BSOD a few seconds after getting to desktop. I was able to boot into safe mode fine though, so uninstalled my graphics drivers. The problem still carried on,...
  8. Critical Process Died + No Boot + No Safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical Process Died + No Boot + No Safe mode: Had my PC off for a day or so since I wasn’t using it, and I am greeted with Critical Process Died screen. I cannot enter the recovery environment to restore or reset, none of the startup settings appear to work, just stuck in this boot loop and cannot get to the Windows...
  9. Critical Process Died while trying to boot Safe mode

Critical Process Died while trying to boot Safe mode: Hello, A friend of mine started his computer after not using it for a while, after getting passed the windows loading screen, he would get a blackscreen (Monitor is on, he also doesn't have a password). I followed this windows central page...
  10. Can't Boot (Critical Process Died)

Can't Boot (Critical Process Died): getting the above error after 3 fresh windows 10 installs, at various stages after the install. all seemed well for hours. i had no viruses. i tried to reboot in all the offered manners (e.g. safe boot, debug, etc) but could never re-boot. any idea why this is happened...