Windows 10: Critical process dies while Windows 10 reset

Discus and support Critical process dies while Windows 10 reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I decided to reset my Windows 10 PC after clearing out my important files so I could give it to my cousin, but while it was resetting the critical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nehemiah Stubbs, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Critical process dies while Windows 10 reset

I decided to reset my Windows 10 PC after clearing out my important files so I could give it to my cousin, but while it was resetting the critical process died and now my PC is stuck in a loop of "Installing Windows 10" and "Critical process died". If anybody has a answer on how to fix this issue, I would truly appreciate it.

:)

Nehemiah Stubbs, Dec 1, 2020
  2. singh Win User

Critical Process Died on windows 10 setup

Ive just opened event viewer as you suggested but I cant seem to find any error that says "critical process died"
    Critical process dies while Windows 10 reset [​IMG]

I have attached a screenshot of the event viewer. I have scrolled to the bottom to where it first booted up.

Ive downloaded the software you sent the link for but I'm not sure how to use it as nothing shows up when I load it.

singh, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Critical process dies while Windows 10 reset

critical process died in windows 10

Hi,

To resolve your concern about the critical process died in Windows 10, we suggest that you do the system diagnostics. Here are the steps:

• Boot your computer and continuously press ESC key on your keyboard until you reach the
      Startup menu.
    • From the Startup menu, press F2 (or whatever the designated key is) for
      System Diagnostics.
    • Use arrow keys to navigate and choose Hard Drive Check.
    • Choose Extensive Check.
    Allow it to finish then boot your computer as normal.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Critical process dies while Windows 10 reset

1. Critical process dies while Windows 10 reset - Similar Threads - Critical process dies

2. Critical process died and error on resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical process died and error on resetting: First my laptop couldn't activate windows security then, shortly after that the laptop experienced a critical bluescreen dead restart then immediately bluescreen returned for the same reason the critical process died, I decided to reset the laptop but still can't " there was...
  3. Critical process died and error on resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical process died and error on resetting: First my laptop couldn't activate windows security then, shortly after that the laptop experienced a critical bluescreen dead restart then immediately bluescreen returned for the same reason the critical process died, I decided to reset the laptop but still can't " there was...
  4. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRITICAL PROCESS DIED while gaming: So ive been playing this game for 2 weeks now, and since yesterday after i play some 2 hours of it i get critical process died.i tried dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and error checking the disks, also troubleshooting doesnt work.i also get this error when i try to...
  5. Critical process died while working

Critical process died while working: Hello,I have the following problem.Windows 10, 64 bit, started, desktop appeared and startup applications were starting one by one.Suddenly blue screen appeared, with stop code "critical process died".The day before this I installed R, RStudio, RTools, and some R packages. I...
  6. Windows 10 Critical Process Died :

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Critical Process Died :: I tried everything posted online and nothing works. I can't get into windows. When it boots up it goes directly to Recovery mode. Safe mode doesn't work. System Restore doesn't work. I try to install Windows as an upgrade to save my personal files but it alerts me that this...
  7. CRITICAL PROCESS DIED on Windows 10

CRITICAL PROCESS DIED on Windows 10: When I force shut down my laptop to goto sleep then in the morning my laptop wont boot into windows it kept saying Critical process died and I cannot boot into safe mode because it kept saying critical process died and then I boot in recovery mode and I cant open cmd because...
  8. critical process died while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    critical process died while gaming: Hello, i have problem that my system keep crashing when i am playing i try updating video card and windows but still same problem i am playing on desktop spec : i7-8700k 32GB ram 24 for now m.2 for windows HDD for games and 3 extra HDD and SSD i am playing in...
  9. Critical Process Died while gaming

Critical Process Died while gaming: A couple of days ago I have updated my AMD GPU drivers to the latest version (2020), and I used Windows Update to install other updates in general. After I've done this, when I was playing Fortnite or FIFA 20 the Windows 10 crashed after a while. So I decided to format the...
  10. Resetting lead to "Critical Process Died"

Resetting lead to "Critical Process Died": I went to reset my PC and keep files while doing it. It got to about 80% then told me it couldnt complete, hit restart PC and now I receive "Critical Process Died" it tries collecting info to repair, then boots back to the same screen over and over again. I have tried running...