Windows 10: CRITICAL PROCESS FAILED error after boot

Discus and support CRITICAL PROCESS FAILED error after boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my pc keeps bluescreening with the error code "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" right after the windows logo shows, sfc /scannow in command prompt doesn't fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Egon De Hart, Feb 23, 2019.

1. CRITICAL PROCESS FAILED error after boot

my pc keeps bluescreening with the error code "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" right after the windows logo shows, sfc /scannow in command prompt doesn't fix anything, neither does going back to a restore point.

anytime I try and use the reset this pc option in advanced startup settings it gives me an unknown error and does nothing then proceeds to kick me back to advanced startup options window. Pretty much anything that has to do with trying to reset the pc doesn't work.

I'm really hesitant to format because I really don't want to lose all my data on the disk.

and finally will I need to re activate windows after formatting and installing windows again?

:)

Egon De Hart, Feb 23, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Feb 23, 2019
  3. critical process died in windows 10

Hi,

To resolve your concern about the critical process died in Windows 10, we suggest that you do the system diagnostics. Here are the steps:

• Boot your computer and continuously press ESC key on your keyboard until you reach the
      Startup menu.
    • From the Startup menu, press F2 (or whatever the designated key is) for
      System Diagnostics.
    • Use arrow keys to navigate and choose Hard Drive Check.
    • Choose Extensive Check.
    Allow it to finish then boot your computer as normal.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

CRITICAL PROCESS FAILED error after boot

boot bsod with critical process deny.

We appreciate the information you've provided. The error "Critical process died" happens when Windows detects that a critical component of the system processes has been modified. We suggest
    that you update the drivers for your Virtual Machine program, as well as the VGA driver, then run the System File Checker tool to find and fix corrupted or
    missing system files. To do run do a scan with SFC, you need to access Command Prompt.

Since you're using Windows 10 on a Virtual Machine, consult your program's user guide on how to restart Windows three times in a row so that you can reach the Recovery screen. Then follow the steps below:

• Click See advanced repair options.

• Click Troubleshoot.

• Click Advanced options.

• Click Command Prompt.

• Type sfc /scannow and press Enter. Wait for it to finish.

• Type shutdown /r and press Enter.

Note: It may take up to three scans with restarts in between to for SFC to find and fix all system files.

Let us know the results of the SFC scan.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

CRITICAL PROCESS FAILED error after boot

1. CRITICAL PROCESS FAILED error after boot - Similar Threads - CRITICAL PROCESS FAILED

2. critical process error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    critical process error: So i’m having a critical process error on my computer and blue screen every time i load it up and it brings me to the page where i can see advanced options but when i try to put my password for cmd or hardware reset my pc or really any option it makes me put my password which...
  3. critical process error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    critical process error: So i’m having a critical process error on my computer and blue screen every time i load it up and it brings me to the page where i can see advanced options but when i try to put my password for cmd or hardware reset my pc or really any option it makes me put my password which...
  4. stop code error critical process failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    stop code error critical process failed: stopc code error critical process failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-error-critical-process-failed/dfe49ae0-29d2-454b-9bb0-dd7eed5d7c6c
  5. stop code error critical process failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop code error critical process failed: stopc code error critical process failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-code-error-critical-process-failed/dfe49ae0-29d2-454b-9bb0-dd7eed5d7c6c
  6. stop code error critical process failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Critical Processing Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical Processing Error: I have recently upgraded my GPU in my computer from a 1660 to 2070. My computer worked fine for a couple days now it keeps giving me a blue screen with stopcode Critical Process Error. I've completely wiped my computer and put a fresh install of windows and still does not...
  8. Critical Process Failed

Critical Process Failed: So, I updated Windows 10 in Feb. I have a laptop. My System started completely freezing and I had to force shutdown by disconnecting power supply everytime it did, 3 times to be precise. I thought the problem might update related so I Used "System Restore" and restored it...
  9. Critical processes error

Critical processes error: Today I've mostly been trying to wipe my pc and do a fresh install to take care of the multiple issues I've been facing recently, it started off telling me there was a problem so it couldn't reset the computer to now the blue screen of death and "your pc has run into a...
  10. CRITICAL PROCESS FAILED continues after reinstalling

CRITICAL PROCESS FAILED continues after reinstalling: I have an HP desktop pc running Windows 10, which is came with. It bought it new about 9 months ago. It's a secondary PC that I don't use much. It was running fine until recently I started getting the Blue Screen O' Death and CRITICAL PROCESS FAILED message. Somtimes it will...