Windows 10: Critical process failure

Discus and support Critical process failure in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Bought a new cheap webcam and when i plugged it in i got kernel access error. Tried the normal method of updating windows to most recent version and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DankeMemeses, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Critical process failure

Bought a new cheap webcam and when i plugged it in i got kernel access error. Tried the normal method of updating windows to most recent version and got critical access failure on restart.

Currently can't reset pc,sfc doesnt work, cant system restore, safemode leads to advanced startup and dont have a big enough usb for media install. When I tried to access boot menu, now every time I turn on the pc it gives winlogin.exe missing or corrupt. 0xc000000f

Commands like /fixboot give access denied and chdsk runs but doesn't fix anything

What to do?

submitted by /u/DankeMemeses
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DankeMemeses, Sep 15, 2020

2. critical process died in windows 10

Hi,

To resolve your concern about the critical process died in Windows 10, we suggest that you do the system diagnostics. Here are the steps:

• Boot your computer and continuously press ESC key on your keyboard until you reach the
      Startup menu.
    • From the Startup menu, press F2 (or whatever the designated key is) for
      System Diagnostics.
    • Use arrow keys to navigate and choose Hard Drive Check.
    • Choose Extensive Check.
    Allow it to finish then boot your computer as normal.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 15, 2020
  3. singh Win User
    Critical Process Died on windows 10 setup

Ive just opened event viewer as you suggested but I cant seem to find any error that says "critical process died"
    Critical process failure [​IMG]

I have attached a screenshot of the event viewer. I have scrolled to the bottom to where it first booted up.

Ive downloaded the software you sent the link for but I'm not sure how to use it as nothing shows up when I load it.

singh, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Critical process failure

Critical Process Died and Unexpected Store Exception

Hi,

To help you resolve the issue, please answer the follow questions below:

• Which version & build of Windows are you running?
    To find out what version of Windows you are running:

• Press the Windows Key + R.
    • A box will pop up in the bottom left side of the screen. Type winver
      and then press Enter.
    • Another box will open that will tell you what version of Windows you're running and what the build is. Please post both the version number and the build number.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

You can refer to this link
    about the error fix Critical Process Died and follow the steps provided. Make sure you have the latest

Windows 10 updates

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlo Fer, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Critical process failure

1. Critical process failure - Similar Threads - Critical process failure

2. BSOD critical process failure and safe mode won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD critical process failure and safe mode won't launch: I have tried restarting into safe mode but it won't. I tried doing a system restore but it says "you must enable system protection on this drive" I tried a reset but it encountered problems resetting. Need help....
  3. BSOD critical process failure and safe mode won't launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD critical process failure and safe mode won't launch: I have tried restarting into safe mode but it won't. I tried doing a system restore but it says "you must enable system protection on this drive" I tried a reset but it encountered problems resetting. Need help....
  4. BSOD critical process failure and safe mode won't launch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "Critical" processes

"Critical" processes: These annoying processes use up many of my resources, plus my screen saver takes long to appear and even lags, due to these processes. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-processes/2f94d7d2-6a46-4dbc-8d0d-c06364bfde3e
  6. "Critical" processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Critical" processes: These annoying processes use up many of my resources, plus my screen saver takes long to appear and even lags, due to these processes. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-processes/2f94d7d2-6a46-4dbc-8d0d-c06364bfde3e
  7. "Critical" processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical Process Died: So I recently got this, and and it would restart the computer, but I’d turn it off and on before it could restart so it would go back to my main screen, but today I just let it go all the way through and now it’s making me reinstall windows 10 with the product key. It’s been...
  9. Critical Process Died

Critical Process Died: I can't start the computer, I always get the blue screen with the stop code critical process died. I tried restoring the system but it asked to turn on protection for the disk. I tried to do so through commands (net start vss, rstrui) and even though I was allowed to choose a...
  10. Critical process died

Critical process died: I receive the issue Critical process died after each booting. I can not roll back to the restore point because I get the same error. The Safe Mode didn’t help either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-process-died/4cbc9ee9-0a1b-4c14-a983-1881d5d2e2ef