Windows 10: Critical Stop and system reboot

Discus and support Critical Stop and system reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've received several critical stops over the course of approx. 3 months while basic surfing and no intense file moving or downloads. There has been a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cstout, Sep 26, 2019.

1. cstout Win User

Critical Stop and system reboot

I've received several critical stops over the course of approx. 3 months while basic surfing and no intense file moving or downloads. There has been a DMP file created on Sept 25,2019. I inadvertently right clicked the file to copy and accidentally opened with Adobe Acrobat. Hopefully it's still readable.....Thanks

:)

cstout, Sep 26, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Critical Error Popup

Hi QUENDALEWARD,

Corrupted system files may be the possible cause why you received a critical error. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact error message you received?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot
    Start menu.

Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 26, 2019
  3. rwbates53 Win User
    "Critical Stop" sound sometimes on Shut down or Restart

Hello Gerry
    I have the same problem and am trying to find a fix. I think maybe that something must be running in the back ground that may cause this Critical Stop sound when shutting down or rebooting. Like you said it only happens sometimes. I hope that this is on a bug fix list of Microsoft.

Rick

rwbates53, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Critical Stop and system reboot

Continual System Reboot

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt system files in the system.

So to diagnose whether there are no corruptions, we suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run inbuilt system maintenance troubleshooter and check if it works.
    Please follow the steps given below.

• Type Troubleshooting in search bar and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on System maintenance and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: We suggest you to perform clean boot and check if any third party apps are causing the issue.
    Placing the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue.

Please refer to the article below for steps to perform a clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot "to reset computer as usual.

Let us know the result.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Critical Stop and system reboot

1. Critical Stop and system reboot - Similar Threads - Critical Stop system

2. STOP CODE: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP CODE: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED: I was updating my windows 10 21H2 newly installed and then my computer suddenly goes blue screen and shows SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION while updating and then it rebooted and it now shows CRITICAL PROCESS DIEDhere's the DMP...
  3. STOP CODE: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STOP CODE: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED: I was updating my windows 10 21H2 newly installed and then my computer suddenly goes blue screen and shows SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION while updating and then it rebooted and it now shows CRITICAL PROCESS DIEDhere's the DMP...
  4. STOP CODE: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. STOP CODE: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. STOP CODE: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. STOP CODE: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Critical failure and reboots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical failure and reboots: Hi! My PC specs below is 13 months old and has been plagued with BSOD siting kernel errors. I took it to the Geek Squad and ended up getting a new mobo. Unfortunately, it has not fixed the errors. Several times a day, I am getting crashes - sometimes blue screen, sometimes...
  9. Stop rebooting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop rebooting: How do I stop nightly re-booting? Recently it asked me what time to re-boot for Windows10 update and I remember setting 10pm somewhere, now I can't find it and I reboot nightly....
  10. Critical Stop and system reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Critical Stop and system reboot: I've received several critical stops over the course of approx. 3 months while basic surfing and no intense file moving or downloads. There has been a DMP file created on Sept 25,2019. Thanks 141238