Windows 10: "Critical Update" Destroyed my taskbar, all settings, all programs, - likely 25-30 hours of...

Discus and support "Critical Update" Destroyed my taskbar, all settings, all programs, - likely 25-30 hours of... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi - Is there a reason why in performing a "Critical Update" on a new computer that I bought a few month ago, Windows 10 deleted all my programs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jonathon PeterFindlay, Jul 22, 2019.

1. "Critical Update" Destroyed my taskbar, all settings, all programs, - likely 25-30 hours of...

Hi -

Is there a reason why in performing a "Critical Update" on a new computer that I bought a few month ago, Windows 10 deleted all my programs, settings, etc.?

This is truly crippling to me at the moment as I'm already working 60-70 hour weeks, + family stuff, etc. etc. and now have to find 20-30 hours to replace all these things, for no good reason, but poor programming / update management from Microsoft? Please help me restore to the previous point - I've tried the "System Restore" thing and it did nothing (after a scan for affected programs revealed nothing).

Please help.

J. Peter Findlay

:)

Jonathon PeterFindlay, Jul 22, 2019

2. program to hide the taskbar

Hello,

I Do not recommend you to use third party programs for that kind of things as it might cause system to dysfunction.

I suggest you follow these steps

Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. (If you're in tablet mode, hold a finger on the taskbar.)

Click taskbar settings.

Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. (You can also do the same for tablet mode.)

Patricia.Guenot, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Problem with a combine taskbar icons.

Thanks for answering.

What you suggested is not the problem I asked for a solution.

For more understandable I've attached a figures below.

I'd like to have it in the right figure(showing the window of program not just a title)

Im sorry for my bad English, thanks in advance "Critical Update" Destroyed my taskbar, all settings, all programs, - likely 25-30 hours of... :) "Critical Update" Destroyed my taskbar, all settings, all programs, - likely 25-30 hours of... :)

"Critical Update" Destroyed my taskbar, all settings, all programs, - likely 25-30 hours of... 85c775b5-dc76-4dce-bb54-4b49ef906a51.png

Dark Illusionist, Jul 22, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

"Critical Update" Destroyed my taskbar, all settings, all programs, - likely 25-30 hours of...

Taskbar - to restore to default settings

Hi,

To change the settings for the icons on your taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Select on Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, look for the Combine taskbar buttons option.
    • Click on the drop-down arrow and choose Always, hide labels.
    • Once done, you can now close the settings window.

These steps should help you with your issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

John Fer, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

"Critical Update" Destroyed my taskbar, all settings, all programs, - likely 25-30 hours of...

1. "Critical Update" Destroyed my taskbar, all settings, all programs, - likely 25-30 hours of... - Similar Threads - Critical Update Destroyed

2. Destroy electricity all country destroy server all country

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Destroy electricity all country destroy server all country: Dklddkldfk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/destroy-electricity-all-country-destroy-server-all/d1702eb0-a85f-496e-a743-2df780dd3c22
  3. Destroy electricity all country destroy server all country

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Destroy electricity all country destroy server all country: Dklddkldfk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/destroy-electricity-all-country-destroy-server-all/d1702eb0-a85f-496e-a743-2df780dd3c22
  4. How can I show all instances of a program on my taskbar for quick switching, like in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I show all instances of a program on my taskbar for quick switching, like in...: Windows 11 removed the ability for me to unfold my taskbar buttons since it so desperately wants to look like MacOS. How can I change this back to Windows 10 behavior?Problem situation:I have an application of which I have 3 instances; every instance has a clear indication in...
  5. How can I show all instances of a program on my taskbar for quick switching, like in...

How can I show all instances of a program on my taskbar for quick switching, like in...: Windows 11 removed the ability for me to unfold my taskbar buttons since it so desperately wants to look like MacOS. How can I change this back to Windows 10 behavior?Problem situation:I have an application of which I have 3 instances; every instance has a clear indication in...
  6. After a failed update, all my program settings are deleted, all my signed accounts are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a failed update, all my program settings are deleted, all my signed accounts are...: I have a serious issue. Today I turn on my computer and all my settings are lost. When accessing to the browser I notice a clean installation and all my accounts are closed, I had Whatsapp for desktop and now I cannot use it because all the apps managed by Microsoft Store are...
  7. After a failed update, all my program settings are deleted, all my signed accounts are...

After a failed update, all my program settings are deleted, all my signed accounts are...: I have a serious issue. Today I turn on my computer and all my settings are lost. When accessing to the browser I notice a clean installation and all my accounts are closed, I had Whatsapp for desktop and now I cannot use it because all the apps managed by Microsoft Store are...
  8. After a failed update, all my program settings are deleted, all my signed accounts are...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. OneDrive just destroyed all of my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive just destroyed all of my files: Hi,I had my documents, pictures, and desktop all backed up to OneDrive, I was getting really sick of what OneDrive does to my PC, for example breaking all thumbnails, so I moved all the files out of OneDrive back onto my local drive, and disabled syncing of these folders....
  10. Pinned programs on all taskbars.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pinned programs on all taskbars.: Heya. On Win7 using a program like DisplayFusion you could have pinned programs show on all taskbars while having windows only show on the taskbar for the screen its on. Does anyone know if its possible to do the same in Win10? I know these settings exists but there...