Windows 10: Critical Update System Restore Point

Discus and support Critical Update System Restore Point in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello, I forced to make system recovery for my windows 10, and spend long time to download all updates for windows and devices software, after finish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MohammadAl Saleh, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Critical Update System Restore Point

hello,

I forced to make system recovery for my windows 10, and spend long time to download all updates for windows and devices software, after finish installing the latest update (1803), a critical update system restore point atomically created for my windows drive.

The question is how to save this point from deleted ? if more restore points created without increase the storage of system restore ( its 5 % currently ). so I use it to restore system instead of make system recovery and force to download all updates again.

Kind regards,

:)

MohammadAl Saleh, Jul 10, 2018

2. System-Restore-Point Types?

Hi Zhao,

Thank you for sharing on Community. To help you with your inquiry, let me provide you information.

System Restore actually has 3 types which are triggered by events on your computer.

Event-triggered restore points, with their known labels on System Restore, are as enumerated below:

• Install - Application installation (provided the application utilizes an installer that is System Restore compliant). If the application install causes system problems, the user can restore the system to a state before the installation
      of the application.
    • Critical - AutoUpdate installation. AutoUpdate provides an easy way for users to download critical Windows updates. After the update is downloaded, the user can install the update on the system. If the user chooses to install the update,
      System Restore creates a restore point before the installation of the update begins.
    • Undo - System restore. For example, if a user accidentally chooses the wrong restore point, the user can undo the restore operation by choosing a restore point before the system restore took place. The user can then choose the correct restore
      point.
    You may find the same information on this
    link
    . Just look for the Event-triggered restore points portion of the article.

Let us know if this helps.

Carlo Vale, Jul 10, 2018
  3. "Critical Update" System Restore Point

Thank you for your serious and insightful reply. I checked my list of available system restore points and only found the one that the system created either before or after the Fall Creators' Update. I'd love to have multiple restore points available, but
    unfortunately Windows continues to delete them over time without my consent.

For the time being, I do not plan to use any of the restore points, but I would always like to have the option to do so if problems do arise.

NimbusSkye, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Critical Update System Restore Point

auto restore point

Hi Bryan,

System Restore automatically creates a restore point before the following events:

• Application installation (provided the application utilizes an installer that is System Restore compliant). If the application install causes system problems, the user can restore the system to a state before the installation of the application.
    • AutoUpdate installation. AutoUpdate provides an easy way for users to download critical Windows updates. After the update is downloaded, the user can install the update on the system. If the user chooses to install the update, System Restore creates a restore
      point before the installation of the update begins.
    • System restore. For example, if a user accidentally chooses the wrong restore point, the user can undo the restore operation by choosing a restore point before the system restore took place. The user can then choose the correct restore point.

Hope the information helps.

Ronald San, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Critical Update System Restore Point

1. Critical Update System Restore Point - Similar Threads - Critical Update System

2. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  3. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  4. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Restore Point

System Restore Point: When I tried to use a restore to a system restore point. Windows asked for a password. I tried every password I knew, including local and microsoft account. I even tried to reintall windows and reset it. None worked, what can I do?...
  6. *UPDATE ON SYSTEM RESTORE POINTS*

*UPDATE ON SYSTEM RESTORE POINTS*: A little bit of backstory: I downloaded a safe program bundled with a bunch of PuPs. Blind me didn't see the custom install feature. Anyways, because all the PuPs slowed down my PC by 25%, I wanted to make sure they were ALL GONE, so I preformed a system restore to a point...
  7. Critical Error When Attempting To Create A System Restore Point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Error When Attempting To Create A System Restore Point: Whenever I try to create a restore point I receive the following message: "There was an unexpected error in the property page: Catastrophic failure (0x8000FFFF) Please close the property page and try again." Closing the System Properties and reopening it generates the...
  8. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...
  9. System Restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore points: I am helping my church with some of their computer problems. A couple of weeks ago, Windows 10 was automatically updated on their machines running Windows 7. This has caused a problem with one of their main applications that is used to track church business. While trying to...
  10. System restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore points: Restore points being deleted. Older restore points are being auto-deleted. And I'd like to keep them. I saved some restore points in October, but now they're gone, and the only ones left, are the ones I created in November. I've allowed 90 Gb of memory space for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what are cridical updates in system restore