Windows 10: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED boot loop - all out options.

Discus and support CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED boot loop - all out options. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After a recent update, my hard drive has been stuck in a boot loop, crashing before Windows can load to desktop and outputting the error message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MaxwellK94, Nov 5, 2019.

1. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED boot loop - all out options.

After a recent update, my hard drive has been stuck in a boot loop, crashing before Windows can load to desktop and outputting the error message "critical_process_died". I have since tried a number of solutions, including startup repair, deleting previous updates, restarting in safe mode and resetting Windows altogether via WinRE, but all reach dead ends or run successfully, but still give the same error message on reboot.

Can anyone please advise me on restoring Windows 10 - either repairing it on the current hard drive or transferring it to a new one (I have given up on keeping my files)? Since I have no Windows 10 activation key (I upgraded from Windows 7 when it was free), I'm assuming that I can't simply install Windows from a flash drive onto a new hard drive.

I have at my disposal:
    3 internal hard drives (An HDD with the broken installation of Windows, an SSD that I've stuck Windows 7 on for now, and another SSD completely blank)
    A DVD Drive, Windows 7 Disc and activation key
    A USB Drive with Windows 10 installed
    A laptop with Windows 10 installed

If anyone can help me, I would be very grateful.

:)

MaxwellK94, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Clark Ari Win User

Boot loop

Hi Terri,

This issue occurs when there are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To troubleshoot your boot loop issue, we suggest that you boot in
    safe mode through the Windows
    Recovery
    Environment option. To do this, follow these steps:

• Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo appears, unplug and replug the device. Perform these steps three times.
    • On the fourth instance, turn on your device without unplugging it. The Windows Recovery Environment window will appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advance options.
    • Click Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the F4 key to start your computer in
      safe mode.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Right-click the Start button, and then select
    Control Panel.

2. Search Control Panel for
    Recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open
    System Restore > Next.

4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic
    app, driver, or update, and then select
    Next > Finish.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Clark Ari, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Josef Bri Win User

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED boot loop - all out options.

Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED boot loop - all out options.

1. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED boot loop - all out options. - Similar Threads - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED boot loop

2. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Loop: My pc had a blue screen loop when ever I am in the login screen. I can’t click on any key on my keyboard because that doesnt work I tested my keyboard on a other device and it worked perfect. But I can enter bios or something else but when I am in the login screen my monitor...
  3. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Loop: My pc had a blue screen loop when ever I am in the login screen. I can’t click on any key on my keyboard because that doesnt work I tested my keyboard on a other device and it worked perfect. But I can enter bios or something else but when I am in the login screen my monitor...
  4. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Critical_Process_Died loop, nothing works :/

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical_Process_Died loop, nothing works :/: idk if this helps, but I'm on a self-built system. So last night I was using my computer fairly normal. I was chatting on discord, playing GTA online, and my friends wanted me to change our clubs picture. I opened chrome to do so and my game started to lag and break, so I...
  6. Critical_Process_Died BSOD issue. Tried all the solutions out there but no luck in...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical_Process_Died BSOD issue. Tried all the solutions out there but no luck in...: Critical_Process_Died BSOD issue. Tried all the solutions out there but no luck in resolving the issue Tried almost every method but nothing worked...
  7. Windows Installation Loop and "all boot option option tried" if interrupting it

Windows Installation Loop and "all boot option option tried" if interrupting it: Hi community, I just switch out my old HDD for a SSD on my Samsung Ultra 5 Model code: NP530U3C-A0EDE. I deleted all partitions of the new SSD and installed Windows over an USB drive on the unallocated space (450GB). After around 10 min of installation, the Laptop...
  8. I’m stuck in a BSoD boot loop with the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error, and it’s a really...

I’m stuck in a BSoD boot loop with the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error, and it’s a really...: I use Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series 3137, 64-bit computer, 64-bit processor, 2 GB RAM (thought that would be relevant). The other day, I was playing a game right before we went out, and I pressed Alt and F4 frantically, but the game had frozen as a result of that, so I...
  9. BSOD Repair Loop Critical_Process_Died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Repair Loop Critical_Process_Died: Hi, I've been wrestling with this problem for last 2 days and I don't seem to be able to find an answer anywhere hence I'm posting here. Firstly, I can't generate the dumpfile as I can't access windows at all. I can't access it through any boot options including safe mode....
  10. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED on boot: Hi. My mom's laptop is crashing on boot with a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error. It boots in Safe Mode but most things are unresponsive: no windows menu, command prompt opens right away but admin prompt takes 10-20 minutes to open, so do task manager window, driver install...