Windows 10: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, can't boot up in Safe Mode, can't access desktop. Help!!

Discus and support CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, can't boot up in Safe Mode, can't access desktop. Help!! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A few weeks ago, I had an unfortunate spill on my laptop. However, after drying it out over night, it's mostly been fine - it just seemed that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cinnamon2012, May 7, 2020.

1. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, can't boot up in Safe Mode, can't access desktop. Help!!

A few weeks ago, I had an unfortunate spill on my laptop. However, after drying it out over night, it's mostly been fine - it just seemed that the battery was shot, as I could no longer unplug my laptop, but the computer itself worked just as it usually did. Whenever I had to move the laptop from room to room, I'd put it in Sleep mode, unplug, move rooms, plug it in again, and press a key to wake it up. This worked fine, though sometimes if I pressed a key by accident while moving the laptop, it would attempt to wake up and then shut off, since it wasn't getting any juice from the shot battery.

Yesterday, I was noticing that the battery light on the side of the laptop had started flashing, no clue why. And then, when I'd put the laptop to sleep, as soon as I unplugged it from the power source, it would attempt to wake up and then shut off. This was annoying, having to endure the long boot up process every time I changed rooms, but it was manageable. Also, the battery icon on my laptop now had an 'X' over it and hovering over it would tell me it was "255% charged".

I tried fiddling around with Battery drivers, reinstalling or enabling/disabling them, but this didn't change anything. Then, one of the times I was moving the laptop, it was taking abnormally long to boot up stuck on the ASUS screen, and then eventually started performing a Startup Repair... This completed, and then I was able to log-in like normal. Then it did thatagain the next time I booted it up, but failed, and now I'm getting a blue screen with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, no way to access my desktop through safe mode or otherwise, unable to do a system restore I've tried three times and all of them have failed, and I'm at a loss. Any help at all would be appreciated.

It's an ASUS X556U running Windows 10. I have access to the troubleshoot menu which allows me to get into command prompt, but there's an error every time I try safe mode. Thank you in advance.

:)

cinnamon2012, May 7, 2020
  2. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, May 7, 2020
  3. Lars_Th Win User
    BSOD Critical_Process_Died - can' t enter safe mode

After having upgraded my Asus X555LA to Windows 10 I constantly receice the BSOD with the message Critical_Process_Died. The only thing I did after the update was installing Adaware antivirus. The problem is I cant enter into safe mode, I tried all options,
    but just before restarting the BSOD appears again. I cant believe this is happening. Dont know what to do anymore.....Anybody has an idea? Thanks in advance

Lars_Th, May 7, 2020
  4. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, can't boot up in Safe Mode, can't access desktop. Help!!

Can´t boot, or enter safe mode, need urgent help

Hello community

I´m facing a problem that i can´t solve. I have windows vista, upgraded to windows 10....

I had "Avira" installed on my Acer, but the constant publicity made me uninstall it with revo uninstaller, in the end, when i reboot, i couldn´t enter in my BIOS, safe mode, or windows.

After reading numerous forums, i can´t seem to find a solution, the only thing i could fix was entering in the BIOS again, by removing the "BIOS battery" and plug it in again. After this, windows shows up again the load screen, he also shows the log in screen,
    but after the login screen i only get a Black Screen where i can only see the mouse pointer.

I also notice that if i press Ctrl+Alt+Del, i can get into task manager, i can also bring up command prompt running it through the task manager, but my desktop is completely dark/gone......

I also try to run explorer.exe from the task manager but nothing happens, i checked if any other instance of explorer was runnig but no luck, there isn´t any......

I also did a command in my cmd, "taskkill /f /im explorer.exe" that i read in a forum to reset explorer.exe, but in the end it only shows up an Error saying he can´t connect to the server.......

I also tried Hiren´s boot cd, but with so many options i don´t know what to choose, i only did a check disk (no errors found), a memory test (no errors found), i also run malwarebytes, it found 2 malware files in system32, but after i reboot to clean them,
    i remove the usb that has Hirene boot cd, and nothing happen, i´m not sure if they were removed.....

I thank you for the possible answers to my case.

Thank you

After Eleven Dj Set, May 7, 2020
Thema:

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, can't boot up in Safe Mode, can't access desktop. Help!!

1. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, can't boot up in Safe Mode, can't access desktop. Help!! - Similar Threads - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED can't boot

2. Can't access files in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access files in safe mode: My laptop had blue screen errors and then kept restarting. Im now running it in safe mode and want to move my Word files to my USB. After copy pasting only 3 word files, it is now giving an error. "Error 0x80070780: File can not be accessed by the system" What should i do?...
  3. Can't access files in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access files in safe mode: My laptop had blue screen errors and then kept restarting. Im now running it in safe mode and want to move my Word files to my USB. After copy pasting only 3 word files, it is now giving an error. "Error 0x80070780: File can not be accessed by the system" What should i do?...
  4. Windows 10 CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, can't boot into safe mode, can't do anything.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, can't boot into safe mode, can't do anything.: Last night I was following a video to increase the FPS in GTA 5. The guy instructed to make a restore point beforehand, so I did. Then I applied the changes, which included changing some regedit stuff. After I was done, I didn't like the changes, so I restored to the point,...
  5. Can't boot up Windows out of Safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot up Windows out of Safe mode: So yesterday I decided to do some music producing which I hadn't done in awhile (I use Ableton 10). I opened up the program as normal and I went through some old projects I had worked on. The first problem I ran into was missing plugin files from some of my previous work....
  6. Can't boot into safe mode.

Can't boot into safe mode.: Every time I try to boot into safe mode it always tries to do an automatic repair and fails to repair.I can still boot normally just not in safe mode. This from the log: Root cause found: Boot critical file g:\windows\system32\drivers\ramdisk.sys is corrupt. Repair...
  7. BSOD on boot (critical_process_died), cant boot into safe mode

BSOD on boot (critical_process_died), cant boot into safe mode: TL:DR: Can't boot (even into safe mode) after removing device 'Intel HD Graphics 4000' (and uninstalling its drivers). Getting critical_process_died BSOD. My specs: Mobo ASRock Z77 Pro4, CPU i5 3570k I had my integrated GPU (Intel HD Graphics 4000) disabled because it gave...
  8. BSOD Can't boot to safe mode or desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Can't boot to safe mode or desktop: Hi all, I put my PC into sleep mode before heading out last night and upon my return I was presented with a BSOD. So I'm not actually sure if it went into sleep mode. I'm kinda at a loss as in to what is causing my bsod. It happens after the Windows logo, but doesn't...
  9. BSOD Critical_Process_Died (After booting into Safe Mode)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Critical_Process_Died (After booting into Safe Mode): This might not be the place to post this issue, but I'm not sure where else to put it. I'm having a problem with my computer that displays the "It looks like Windows didn't load correctly" error-thing when I try to boot it up. I already tried messing with the boot settings...
  10. Can't Boot (and No Access To Safe Boot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Boot (and No Access To Safe Boot): I ran out of hard drive space during an operation, so erased some personal files, and tried to re-boot, but it gets stuck a second after those circular dots start to rotate. I can't get to booting in safe mode either. Tried assigning the boot mode to legacy so I can use...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. critical process died not enter in safe mode not booting up not reseting