Windows 10: critical_process_died everytime I go into my pc

Discus and support critical_process_died everytime I go into my pc in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This morning I turned on my pc and did a system restore point after the restore was done my monitor screen was static and looked werid as hell took the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Syrah400dpi, Mar 29, 2020.

1. critical_process_died everytime I go into my pc

This morning I turned on my pc and did a system restore point after the restore was done my monitor screen was static and looked werid as hell took the hdmi out 4 times nothing changed restarted my pc and Nothing happen so I took the plug out of my pc and loaded it up now I keep get your pc has ran into a problem with critical_process_died at the bottom tried resetting the pc completely and I get pc ran into a problem does anyone know how to fix this it’s stressing me out

submitted by /u/Syrah400dpi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Syrah400dpi, Mar 29, 2020

2. Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Mar 29, 2020
  3. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with Blue screen error on Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Were you able to see any error code along with the error message?
    • Have you made any hardware/ software changes to the device prior to this issue?
    • Have you checked if the issue persists on Safe mode with networking as well?

The CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED bug check has a value of 0x000000EF. This indicates that a critical system process died.

Step 1: As you have performed SFC scan, found some corrupted and couldn't fix, try the below and check if it helps.

If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log
    %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system
    files

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to perform DISM on your system to fix corrupted system files.

Refer: Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISMor System Update Readiness tool

Step 3: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 29, 2020
  4. critical_process_died everytime I go into my pc

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

critical_process_died everytime I go into my pc

1. critical_process_died everytime I go into my pc - Similar Threads - critical_process_died everytime

2. Windows Stop Code Critical_Process_Died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Stop Code Critical_Process_Died: I use my laptop to stream PCVR on my Meta Quest 3 and at some point everything was running perfectly. I did end up changing some settings on my laptop that seemed to give me issues with my wifi so I decided to do a restore on my laptop restoring my old Windows from not to...
  3. Windows Stop Code Critical_Process_Died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Stop Code Critical_Process_Died: I use my laptop to stream PCVR on my Meta Quest 3 and at some point everything was running perfectly. I did end up changing some settings on my laptop that seemed to give me issues with my wifi so I decided to do a restore on my laptop restoring my old Windows from not to...
  4. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: So whenever I run a game my PC crashes with one of the following BSODs:CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED happened 3-4 timesKERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR happened only onceUNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION happened the mostGames I tried are:Rocket LeagueMinecraftRobloxThings I tried to fix it:Ran...
  5. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: So whenever I run a game my PC crashes with one of the following BSODs:CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED happened 3-4 timesKERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR happened only onceUNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION happened the mostGames I tried are:Rocket LeagueMinecraftRobloxThings I tried to fix it:Ran...
  6. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe with error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD: This Morning I did do a couple of changes to computer that may be related to this BSOD?In Device Manager, I did disable my integrated video card and integrated sound card. I also installed a couple new programs. I installed RivaTuner Statistics Server, GOG Galaxy and the game...
  8. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD: This Morning I did do a couple of changes to computer that may be related to this BSOD?In Device Manager, I did disable my integrated video card and integrated sound card. I also installed a couple new programs. I installed RivaTuner Statistics Server, GOG Galaxy and the game...
  9. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: So basically, while I was playing World of Warcraft my screen turned black. Unable to do anything I press the Power Button and Restarted. After that I got the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODI just checked the minidump File, analyzed with WinDBG and here is the...
  10. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: So basically, while I was playing World of Warcraft my screen turned black. Unable to do anything I press the Power Button and Restarted. After that I got the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODI just checked the minidump File, analyzed with WinDBG and here is the...