Windows 10: Critical_Process_Died for Windows 10/Disk at 100% on start up

Discus and support Critical_Process_Died for Windows 10/Disk at 100% on start up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 from 8.1. After around a week of using Windows 10, each time I turned on my computer, I get a blue screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sthorul, Aug 16, 2015.

1. sthorul Win User

Critical_Process_Died for Windows 10/Disk at 100% on start up

Hi,

I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 from 8.1. After around a week of using Windows 10, each time I turned on my computer, I get a blue screen saying that the computer will restart. Like in the following picture.

Critical_Process_Died for Windows 10/Disk at 100% on start up [​IMG]

Once it restarts, I can a log in and everything is fine. Except for one thing. When I open task manager, it says that my disk is filled at 100%, and the main program that is causing this is called "system".

I tried to increase the virtual memory, as seen in the next picture (I have 8GB of RAM by the way)

But that still does not seem to work. I downloaded seatools and it says that it is not a disk failure.
    Is there a possible correlation between the Critical_Process_Died startup page and the 100% disk usage?

:)

sthorul, Aug 16, 2015

2. Disk usage at 100% on start up

Hello,

So I have a reasonably nice gaming setup, with specs listed here:

AMD FX-6300 six-core processor 3.5 GHz

AMD Radeon r7 370 4Gb GDDR5graphics card

Windows 10 Home (version 1709)

8Gb ram

1Tb hard drive

NO SSD

The whole system is 2-3 years old and the problem that I have been facing lately is my disk usage spikes randomly. I used to be able to run PUBG on steam without much problem until mid October when my game would crash every time I try to load into a game.
    I'm also having issues with my GPU being between 85-100% when in game, but I don't think that's unnatural for a game like PUBG that's so poorly optimized. Occasionally I can get into a game where my player will already be on the ground, but everything is lagging.
    It takes 6 minutes of just sitting there before I can actually start doing stuff in the map with some control. It will continue to lag (like 6-15 FPS type of lag) for the rest of the game. And when I'm not playing games, my disk may fluctuate between 0-100%
    with all the usage being through random services, Sysytem (ntoskml or NT Kernel and System), or any other random program. I've tried so many different things between full scan of my hard drive (took a whole night), de-fragmenting my hard drive (which was already
    0% fragmented), checked the game files, uninstall/ reinstall of both just the game and all of steam, tinkered in my registry using regedit, fixing that weird skype/internet bug, updates all drivers, checked my hardware to make sure everything was seated properly
    and connected, purchases TotalAV premium to check for viruses and trojans (nothing was found), used CCleaner, I've disabled different processes and applications like windows defender, Superfetch, and other "services," and I've changed different settings around,
    including power settings from balanced to performance. Nothing has worked, yet. I feel like the only thing I haven't tried is to put in a new graphics card and see if my GPU is on it's way out. I have managed to stop the random disk fluctuating outside of
    gaming, but still have GPU maxing out and disk maxing out in game, constantly. I can't even play CS:GO without problems.

I'm not really planning on throwing out the money to get a new GPU at the moment, so any recommendations would be appreciated. Any other questions for me, just reply.

WilliamAnderson1244, Aug 16, 2015
  3. MCCshreyas, Aug 16, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi sthorul,

I'm very sorry for the delay, there aren't many people in this section.
    Are you still requiring help?
    If so, please read BSOD Posting Instructions and upload the zip file.

Please fill in your system specsPlease go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:
    Attachment 34138
    Attachment 34139

5. Dignity Win User
    How long does the blue screen stay on?

Dignity, Sep 23, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    If you mean how long it takes until your system restarts, it should restart automatically once the information is gathered (this is default)

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Critical_Process_Died for Windows 10/Disk at 100% on start up - Similar Threads - Critical_Process_Died Disk 100%

2. Disk usage started to reach 100% suddenly on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk usage started to reach 100% suddenly on windows 10: Got a 2015 laptop which I haven't used for about 2 months, encountered a problem that when running any application or even just opening a widows search the disk usage reaches 100% in task manager and there are severe freezes. The laptop itself is not fast, but before it had...
  3. disk filling up to 100%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disk filling up to 100%: Whenever I open task manager, My disk shows filled up to 100% even if no task is running and I've tried tons of ways over the internet but nothing helped me. Please give me some other way so that I can avoid filling up of disk....
  4. Windows 10 100% disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 100% disk: So tired of this. Wasting my time without being able to work morning after morning... A dozen of possible solutions are provided?!? do you really think that someone who doesnt understand a word of it can really go one by one and find which one works for her??? the tsk...
  5. Disk 100% windows 10

Disk 100% windows 10: FIXED..... After weeks of having this problem. I have now fixed mine. Search for Apps and features, scroll down to Microsoft Edge App. Left click. Open Advance Options. Click on Repair. Then click on Reset....
  6. Critical_Process_Died cannot start windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical_Process_Died cannot start windows 10: I recently got some updates done on my windows 10 and post restart my laptop won't boot normally. I tried windows recovery environment but it fails to recover. I tried to reboot in Safe Mode, Command Prompt, System restore, resetting the PC still no go. I tried SFC scan...
  7. Windows 10 Disk always shooting up to 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Disk always shooting up to 100%: Whenever i'm doing anything at all, playing a game, watching a video, downloading something and i check my disk in task manager it's shooting up to 100%. In resource monitor while my disk is at 100% system is at 20,000,000 total (B/sec) i'm pretty bad with computers so i need...
  8. Windows 10 Disk always shooting up to 100%

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Disk always shooting up to 100%: Whenever i'm doing anything at all, playing a game, watching a video, downloading something and i check my disk in task manager it's shooting up to 100%. In resource monitor while my disk is at 100% system is at 20,000,000 total (B/sec) i'm pretty bad with computers so i need...
  9. BSOD on start up every time - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

BSOD on start up every time - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Every time I startup my computer, I get a blue screen of death with the message "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". This happens after the windows 10 logo appears, but before I reach the login screen or desktop. The computer then restarts automatically and attempts an "Automatic...
  10. 100% Disk Usage On Windows Start-Up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% Disk Usage On Windows Start-Up: Hello TenForums, I'm currently having a problem with my Windows 10. Whenever it boots up and goes to the User Login (The Wallpaper for that sometimes takes around 5-6 minutes to actually respond) Which means when I press 'Enter' before those minutes are up; I am stuck...