Windows 10: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Issues, Unable to detect the problem

Discus and support CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Issues, Unable to detect the problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello All, My laptop with Windows 10 is not booting up and it continuously loops at the windows screen. It says "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" but am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by anup godala, Dec 19, 2020.

1. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Issues, Unable to detect the problem

Hello All,

My laptop with Windows 10 is not booting up and it continuously loops at the windows screen. It says "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" but am unable to get to the rootcause. Even the log files does show anything. PFA for the SrtTrail log and chkdsk command output.

Thanks.

-Anup

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Issues, Unable to detect the problem [​IMG]CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Issues, Unable to detect the problem [​IMG]CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Issues, Unable to detect the problem [​IMG]CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Issues, Unable to detect the problem [​IMG]

:)

anup godala, Dec 19, 2020

2. Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Dec 19, 2020
  3. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with Blue screen error on Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Were you able to see any error code along with the error message?
    • Have you made any hardware/ software changes to the device prior to this issue?
    • Have you checked if the issue persists on Safe mode with networking as well?

The CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED bug check has a value of 0x000000EF. This indicates that a critical system process died.

Step 1: As you have performed SFC scan, found some corrupted and couldn't fix, try the below and check if it helps.

If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log
    %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system
    files

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to perform DISM on your system to fix corrupted system files.

Refer: Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISMor System Update Readiness tool

Step 3: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Issues, Unable to detect the problem

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Issues, Unable to detect the problem

1. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Issues, Unable to detect the problem - Similar Threads - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Issues Unable

2. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi everyone My friends laptop doesn't want to boot up in windows anymore we can only get to the blue screen of death with the message CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and the system recovery. We've tried Automatic repair, we can't get into windows in safe mode either and system...
  3. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi, Today I downloaded a new software on my computer and I deleted an old software I was not using anymore. While running the new software my computer got stuck and I was forced to restart the computer by pushing the Turn Off button on the keyboard for 5seconds. When I...
  4. Critical_Process_Died

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical_Process_Died: Hey guys trying to pinpoint and error Ive been having. If its a hardware error Im going to brick this whole PC and ship it back to Newegg (nothing but broken parts from them for two weeks now) Was playing NMS when all of a sudden the screen became broken and everything just...
  5. BSOD issue CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD issue CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hello, yesterday my PC decided to shutdown and don't want to start ever anymore. I've tried starting it multiple times just ending in the same loop all times. The automatic repair starts and then i try exit the menu and start the PC again then I get this bluescreen saying...
  6. Critical_Process_Died

Critical_Process_Died: Hello, i have laptop MSI Ge62VR 7FR Apache Pro im getting bsod Stopcode : Critical_Process_Died, i try many solutions : Sfc /scannow, Upgrade Drivers, Restart computer in safe mode, DISM, Perform a clean boot, Check bad sectors of ssdwhere i have installed windows, windows...
  7. Critical_process_died

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical_process_died: Critical_process_died Every time I boot up my pc it runs just fine u til I try and open an application. After attempting to open a folder or application my pc crashes and I get sent to a blue screen that reads”Critcal_process_died” after a few minutes of waiting I am then...
  8. How to detect the cause of "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED"?

How to detect the cause of "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED"?: Actually i'm having some problems with my PC after i formatted it and installed Windows 10 (Tryed to reinstall it couple of times but nothing changed) after the windows is running for some minutes the PC crash and gives a blue screen with error "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED" then...
  9. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: my hp pavillion desktop is stuck in the loop of automatic repair, which fails, and when i try startup repair, its the same result as the automatic repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/criticalprocessdied/9a0f5bc1-6c10-4aea-a41c-144342c2f19f
  10. Critical_process_died

Critical_process_died: Ok so this bsod started happening a few days ago after an automatic (midnight) update. When the pc tries to boot i get the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error and automatic recovery doesn't work. I have tried booting in safe mode (results are the same as normal boot), startup...