Windows 10: Critical_Process_Died password not accepted

Discus and support Critical_Process_Died password not accepted in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Running Windows 10, apparently after a couple of Windows updates, unable to boot my desktop. Error is Critical_Process_Died but I can get screens to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NickWeedman, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Critical_Process_Died password not accepted

Running Windows 10, apparently after a couple of Windows updates, unable to boot my desktop. Error is Critical_Process_Died but I can get screens to update the start process, remove updates, etc. However, all of these require a password. I have used all I can remember and went to the Windows Settings page, accounts and was able to change the password there. Still does not work.Is there any way to use some generic password to allow me to regain use of my desktop? I use my laptop to send this message.Unable to boot in safe mode. Unable to get a command prompt.Nick

:)

NickWeedman, Apr 25, 2022

2. Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 25, 2022
  3. Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Hi all. I hope you are all well.

OK today's been a nightmare. First of all, my laptop screen is broken, so I've been using an external monitor for a while now.

This morning upon starting the thing I get a Blue screen with *Sad sad face, telling me that I got a Critical_Process_Died error message.

So I do the 3 times hard reboot which then brings to a blue "Choose Option" screen. I choose "Troubleshoot", then choose "Advanced Options", then choose "Command Prompt", I then select my profile and then I'm asked for my password. I enter my Microsoft account password which is linked to the email shown on the screen and I get "The password is incorrect. Try again" message in yellow. I tried all the passwords that I ever had, I still get the same message.

I even went to Microsoft website and changed my password there and tried to enter it again on the blue screen and nothing, same message: "The password is incorrect. Try again"

Is there anyone here that can help me. Thanks,

David

Argentumartis, Apr 25, 2022
  4. Critical_Process_Died password not accepted

My windows password won't be accepted.

Hello,

We appreciate your persistent patience on this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to create a new user account.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot the device to Safe mode with networking from lock screen.

Refer to: From the sign-in screen

Step 2: Once you are in Safe mode, I recommend you to add another user account.

Follow the below steps to create new user account from Safe mode:

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user <new user name> <password> /add" (substituting the desired username for "new user name" and the desired password for "password" example: "net user newuser 12345 /add"
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Close the command prompt and restart the computer to check if you are able to see the new user account.

Let us know if the above recommendation is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 25, 2022
Thema:

Critical_Process_Died password not accepted

1. Critical_Process_Died password not accepted - Similar Threads - Critical_Process_Died password accepted

2. Change Password: Password not accepted???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Password: Password not accepted???: Hail all:Safety is a thing, rite?So, I wanted to slightly update my password.Not too hard, right?Figured, I get me a somewhat safe password, like, oh, I dunno, maybe something like,...
  3. Password not accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password not accepted: My correct password is not accepted, also PIN not available error, trying to reset, comes back to same screen asking for password, trued to use command prompt or any troubleshooting asks for password. Suddenly I see 23 users in recorvery option to save files. The Gmail...
  4. Password not accepted

Password not accepted: My correct password is not accepted, also PIN not available error, trying to reset, comes back to same screen asking for password, trued to use command prompt or any troubleshooting asks for password. Suddenly I see 23 users in recorvery option to save files. The Gmail...
  5. Password not accepted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Critical_Process_Died password not accepted

Critical_Process_Died password not accepted: Running Windows 10, apparently after a couple of Windows updates, unable to boot my desktop. Error is Critical_Process_Died but I can get screens to update the start process, remove updates, etc. However, all of these require a password. I have used all I can remember and...
  7. Critical_Process_Died password not accepted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Critical_Process_Died password not accepted: Running Windows 10, apparently after a couple of Windows updates, unable to boot my desktop. Error is Critical_Process_Died but I can get screens to update the start process, remove updates, etc. However, all of these require a password. I have used all I can remember and...
  8. Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi all. I hope you are all well. OK today's been a nightmare. First of all, my laptop screen is broken, so I've been using an external monitor for a while now. This morning upon starting the thing I get a Blue screen with sad face, telling me that I got a...
  9. Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft won't accept my password CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi all. I hope you are all well. OK today's been a nightmare. First of all, my laptop screen is broken, so I've been using an external monitor for a while now. This morning upon starting the thing I get a Blue screen with sad face, telling me that I got a...
  10. .Password not accepted

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    .Password not accepted: OneDrive wasn't accepting my password but my Microsoft Account was. So I changed the password in my Microsoft account but it is the only program accepting the new password. I am using Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Also deleted Authenticator App and reinstalled but it also is...