Windows 10: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while gaming and BSOD

Discus and support CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while gaming and BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; every time I open a game, after 2-15mins later it crashes and BSOD and saying that the critical process had died. The crash report is this: Log Name:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HussainLat, Feb 27, 2021.

1. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while gaming and BSOD

every time I open a game, after 2-15mins later it crashes and BSOD and saying that the critical process had died.

The crash report is this:

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error

Date: 27/02/2021 2:41:42 PM

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: 100

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: Latitude

Description:

Faulting application name: IntelAudioService.exe, version: 1.0.160.0, time stamp: 0x5c06849b

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00007ffb9e811aae

Faulting process id: 0x1018

Faulting application start time: 0x01d70cecbfefc2a8

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cAVS\IntelR Audio Service\IntelAudioService.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: de448918-eaf3-41fb-a5ee-0f1eb3217bb4

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-02-27T09:41:42.4478240Z" />

<EventRecordID>97887</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Latitude</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>IntelAudioService.exe</Data>

<Data>1.0.160.0</Data>

<Data>5c06849b</Data>

<Data>unknown</Data>

<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>

<Data>00000000</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>00007ffb9e811aae</Data>

<Data>1018</Data>

<Data>01d70cecbfefc2a8</Data>

<Data>C:\WINDOWS\system32\cAVS\IntelR Audio Service\IntelAudioService.exe</Data>

<Data>unknown</Data>

<Data>de448918-eaf3-41fb-a5ee-0f1eb3217bb4</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Ive tried sfc /scannow and chkdsk.

:)

HussainLat, Feb 27, 2021

2. Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 27, 2021
  3. NGKH5 Win User
    BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

My laptop experienced a BSOD with an analysis by "Who Crashed" as follows-

On Sat 11/10/2018 2:08:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe (nt!PsSetLegoNotifyRoutine+0x46C)

Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFFFFFA8C97440, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.

There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntkrpamp.exe .

Google query: ntkrpamp.exe CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Following is a link to my "one drive" BSOD folder with memory.dmp and other files for evaluation:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Please advise resolution for the said BSOD. Thanx!

NGKH5, Feb 27, 2021
  4. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while gaming and BSOD

BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while gaming and BSOD

1. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while gaming and BSOD - Similar Threads - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while gaming

2. Critical_Process_Died while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical_Process_Died while playing games: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhV3K9czHjxshUdsgliSLPkHjXHd?e=Oa7pGQAbove is me dumb files when my laptop crashed while I am gaming. My laptop is Acer Predator Helios 300 2019 model. It might be caused by the driver but I dont know which driver is causing the crash as I run Driver...
  3. Bluescreen BSOD during gaming. Unexpected_store_exception and critical_process_died are...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen BSOD during gaming. Unexpected_store_exception and critical_process_died are...: UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION CRITICAL PROCESS DIED UNCORRECTABLE WHEA ERROR It's been happening to me for since last month and it's getting frustrating. This BSOD comes while I'm gaming, or sometimes whenever I'm idle or doing some low cpu activity like media streaming,...
  4. BSOD - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

BSOD - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hello Masters, Please help.. I have a problem with several users at work after installing Sophos anti-virus as follows: Dump File : 112620-10421-01.dmp Crash Time : 26/11/2020 08:42:26 Bug Check String : CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Bug Check Code :...
  5. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD while I'm installing windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD while I'm installing windows.: I recently put together a system. It worked well for maybe 2 weeks before I started getting this message that says "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". Im now trying to reinstall windows but it now happens in the windows installation. Other points to note, I did stress test on my system...
  6. Critical Process Died BSOD While Gaming

Critical Process Died BSOD While Gaming: When I'm gaming, I get that Critical Process Died BSOD error. -I reinstalled windows. -Deleted GPU driver and reinstalled it. -Ran SFC and DISM. -Ran virus scan. -Watched the temperatures while gaming (never goes above 70-75)...
  7. BSOD Critical Process Died While Gaming

BSOD Critical Process Died While Gaming: Yesterday I started getting a BSOD of Critical Process Died while gaming. It doesn't happen right away, and it seems to vary in time, but it always seems to happen within 5 minutes or so. Also, it always freezes a bit before and a few times I have had a window pop up asking...
  8. BSOD Critical_Process_Died

BSOD Critical_Process_Died: Hello, I have various BSOD Crashes. They occur during normal Browsing. Firstly it was a "Unexpected Store Exception" in the help in another Forum at that time ( 2 weeks ago ) we managed to do a perfect SFC-Scan and a perfect DISM-Scan, which apparantly did not...
  9. Bsod: Critical_process_died

Bsod: Critical_process_died: The BSOD: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED occurred while playing Spider Solitaire, which is by itself not a critical process. A BSOD was previously posted for this system, but while the system was using an SSD drive. I've returned to the original HDD to avoid the SSD-related BSODs....
  10. BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while computer is running

BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED while computer is running: I get the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD whenever using my computer. It's difficult to tell a specific time its happening, but I'm pretty sure its random. I already completely reset my PC and after installed all the necessary drivers (graphics, sound, network) it started...