Windows 10: Crop & Rotate Issue - Photos

Discus and support Crop & Rotate Issue - Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to create a slide-show of my holiday photos and wish to crop one or two photos. But my Crop & Rotate function in Photos (Windows 10) seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wallace1297, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Crop & Rotate Issue - Photos

I'm trying to create a slide-show of my holiday photos and wish to crop one or two photos.
    But my Crop & Rotate function in Photos (Windows 10) seems to be playing up.
    I want to crop the photo from the bottom up and NOWHERE else.
    However, when I drag the 'white arrows' upwards from the bottom of the photo the sides also come in which I don't want.
    There is also a grid view on the photo which never used to happen and I used to be able to crop a photo from the bottom or the top or the sides separately but now I can't crop one area of the photo without cropping another area, which, as I say, I don't want to do.
    Please help - see screenshot.

:)

Wallace1297, Sep 24, 2019

2. Crop & Rotate Issue - Photos

I'm trying to create a slide-show of my holiday photos and wish to crop one or two photos.
    But my Crop & Rotate function in Photos (Windows 10) seems to be playing up.
    I want to crop the photo from the bottom up and NOWHERE else.
    However, when I drag the 'white arrows' upwards from the bottom of the photo the sides also come in which I don't want.
    There is also a grid view on the photo which never used to happen and I used to be able to crop a photo from the bottom or the top or the sides separately but now I can't crop one area of the photo without cropping another area, which, as I say, I don't want to do.
    Please help - see screenshot.

Wallace1297, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Rotating photos while cropping

When I am cropping a photo in Windows Live Photo Gallery, I no longer [in Windows 10] see a button for Rotate Frame and cannot find a way to turn a vertical photo into a horizontal by cropping. Help!

MarkWieting, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Crop & Rotate Issue - Photos

MS Photos default setting to Crop and Rotate

Hi. We use MS Photos to crop hundreds and hundreds of photos every week. Is there any way to set a default that when we move from one image to the next MS Photos automatically brings us the Crop and Rotate screen? At present, once we save an image and
    click on the next arrow, we have to click through several screens to get back to the Crop and Rotate screen.

Thanks.

MarkMcDonough45, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Crop & Rotate Issue - Photos

1. Crop & Rotate Issue - Photos - Similar Threads - Crop Rotate Issue

2. Photo cropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo cropping: I cannot crop a picture of a firearm. I can crop every other photo but not that one. I've taken different pictures of it, down loaded it, everything I try: I cannot crop this photo of a firearm. Why?...
  3. Photo cropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo cropping: I cannot crop a picture of a firearm. I can crop every other photo but not that one. I've taken different pictures of it, down loaded it, everything I try: I cannot crop this photo of a firearm. Why?...
  4. Photos Crop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos Crop: Something is wrong when I crop my photos. When I tried to crop a second time, it won't work. What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-crop/419ce4f4-8890-4faa-b9e4-f2b9ca7ee617
  5. Microsoft Photos App - Rotation and Crop Bug since latest update.

Microsoft Photos App - Rotation and Crop Bug since latest update.: I have noticed that when i rotate a photo, then select the crop function, the photo is showing as not rotated and have to rotate it again in the crop mode. This never used to be the case and also now sometimes that the photo displayed after fixing the rotation and cropping,...
  6. photos cropping

in Windows 10 Customization
    photos cropping: Windows 10 Photos, editing - Crop Then "Save As" sometimes generates its own new file name, sometimes it allows me to specify a specific filename for the crop. How do I set it so it always expects me to generate the new file name? Example - I scan an entire page from a...
  7. Photos crop save as

Photos crop save as: Windows 10 Photos, editing - Crop Then "Save As" sometimes generates its own new file name, sometimes it allows me to specify a specific filename for the crop. How do I set it so it always expects me to generate the new file name?...
  8. Rotation of Photos

Rotation of Photos: Microsoft Photos 2019.19051.16210.0 I am now running this new Photo program on Windows 10. On Windows 7 you could rotate the pictures 90degrees or 180degrees. You did not have to only go one way. Is there any place to change this setting, ( besides setting, that did not...
  9. Cropping and saving photos

Cropping and saving photos: Hi I cannot save a copy of photos after cropping them. Have clicked on done. Will not do anything when click on save or save a copy [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/cropping-and-saving-photos/8047c1e2-cf1a-4341-9d53-445b40021894
  10. Photo cropping

Photo cropping: For years in W7 I have used Photofiltre for quick and simple cropping of photos etc. It was easy and without the drama and fanfare of Picasa and it didn't leave bits all over afterwards. I have just installed Photofiltre onto my new W10 pc and although it shows in my new...