Windows 10: Cropping with Microsoft Paint

Discus and support Cropping with Microsoft Paint in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I wanted to ask if there is a way to maintain a portrait aspect ratio when initially cropping a picture. I've seen software from earlier times that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CraigPierce1, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Cropping with Microsoft Paint

I wanted to ask if there is a way to maintain a portrait aspect ratio when initially cropping a picture. I've seen software from earlier times that maintained ratios as I was framing a portion of a picture I wanted to crop. I cannot find any way to do that with Paint. Am I missing something?

Craig Pierce

:)

CraigPierce1, Jan 21, 2019
  2. Jan12654 Win User

Cannot crop in paint

It would seem to me that being able to custom crop pictures should be a BASIC thing to be able to do in Paint; especially by Windows 10. However it is not. Nor does Photo Gallery SAVE any crop so that you can actually SEE it. Surely I am NOT the only person
    who wants to crop photos? PLEASE add this to Paint. It is great in Word but you can't save a crop from Word back to being a JPEG or PDF doc.

Cropping in paint- Original Title

Jan12654, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Cropping photo in paint

Have recently upgraded Microsoft Windows 8 to 10.

I was always able to use crop feature in Paint but it's greyed out in Version 10.

Help!

Janis_3669, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Cropping with Microsoft Paint

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Cropping with Microsoft Paint

1. Cropping with Microsoft Paint - Similar Threads - Cropping Microsoft Paint

2. Cropping images in MS Paint stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cropping images in MS Paint stopped working: I use original MS Paint to crop images. But yesterday whenever I tried to crop an image what happened instead is that the image moved around. I hit the Crop button in the menu but the second I click the left button on my mouse to start cropping, the crop cursor is replaced by...
  3. Cropping images in MS Paint stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cropping images in MS Paint stopped working: I use original MS Paint to crop images. But yesterday whenever I tried to crop an image what happened instead is that the image moved around. I hit the Crop button in the menu but the second I click the left button on my mouse to start cropping, the crop cursor is replaced by...
  4. Microsoft Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Paint: Hello,some version of Microsoft Paint is installed on my computer, BUT when I click on an uploaded image, the PAINT TOOLBAR IS LIMITED TO SELECT, CROP, MAGIC SELECT!How do I get the complete selection on my Windows Paint?Please, help!Ignoramus...
  5. Bring back original image cropped in ms paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bring back original image cropped in ms paint: Can any how i get the original image i cropped in ms paint after closing it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bring-back-original-image-cropped-in-ms-paint/94ae684a-2e35-4040-92d8-46db2fb794f8
  6. Bring back original image cropped in ms paint

Bring back original image cropped in ms paint: Can any how i get the original image i cropped in ms paint after closing it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bring-back-original-image-cropped-in-ms-paint/94ae684a-2e35-4040-92d8-46db2fb794f8
  7. how do you crop a 3D image in paint 3D

how do you crop a 3D image in paint 3D: I cannot work out how to crop a 3D image in paint 3D. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-crop-a-3d-image-in-paint-3d/14981f5c-b88b-49f1-8d62-f538ef358aa7
  8. Crop in Paint - WHY DID THIS CHANGE

Crop in Paint - WHY DID THIS CHANGE: I see the thread about cropping and there is no select drop down menu. How can you crop an image??????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/crop-in-paint-why-did-this-change/26d779a2-1ffc-461c-913c-eaa90f79ea4b
  9. Using crop facility in paint

Using crop facility in paint: Why is the crop symbol greyed out? Is there another way I can crop part of a photo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-crop-facility-in-paint/49d8132a-918c-4e4f-8f69-d9dbade5ec2a
  10. Microsoft Paint and Paint 3D

Microsoft Paint and Paint 3D: I really don't know what y'all did to break them, but since the last Windows 10 update, the select and crop functions in both Paint and Paint 3D are broken. I can't select a portion of the image without the selection box skittering across the screen, basically rendering the...