Windows 10: Cross Device Experience Host not installing or updating on Windows 11/10

Discus and support Cross Device Experience Host not installing or updating on Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]You may have encountered repeated failures when attempting to install or update the Cross Device Experience Host. The Cross Device Experience Host... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 14, 2024.

1. WinClub New Member

Cross Device Experience Host not installing or updating on Windows 11/10

Cross Device Experience Host not installing or updating on Windows 11/10 [​IMG]
    You may have encountered repeated failures when attempting to install or update the Cross Device Experience Host. The Cross Device Experience Host is a feature introduced by Microsoft to enhance connectivity between your PC and mobile devices, particularly Android phones. In this post, we will see what you can do if Cross Device Experience Host […]

This article Cross Device Experience Host not installing or updating on Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 14, 2024

2. Windows Shell Experience Host using 35 to 55% of CPU usage on Windows 10

Hi Don,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about CPU utilization by Windows Shell Experience Host, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to end the process from Task Manager and check.

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together to open
      Task Manager

• Go to Processes tab, right-click on the Windows Shell Experience Host process and click
      End Process.

Step 2: Boot the computer in to Safe mode with networking and if the CPU usage is same.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 14, 2024
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Apr 14, 2024
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

Windows Shell Experience Host

Hi,

In answer to your query, Windows Shell Experience Host is a part of Microsoft Windows Operating System that you may have seen in your Task Manager. Sometimes, Windows Shell Experience Host consumes high memory or resources.

If you discover that Windows Shell Experience Host is consuming high memory or resources, we recommend installing the latest update of Windows 10. To do this, you can refer to the support article below:

We'll be here if you need more help.

Ralph Sta, Apr 14, 2024
Thema:

1. Cross Device Experience Host not installing or updating on Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Cross Device Experience

2. New Cross Device Experience Host won't install for me...stuck on pending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Cross Device Experience Host won't install for me...stuck on pending: There's an apparently new feature that is being rolled out by microsoft. It is a new way to connect to your phone. I can not get it to install even though the option is available on my pc. I've contacted microsoft support and instead of solving the problem, they told me to...
  3. New Cross Device Experience Host won't install for me...stuck on pending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Cross Device Experience Host won't install for me...stuck on pending: There's an apparently new feature that is being rolled out by microsoft. It is a new way to connect to your phone. I can not get it to install even though the option is available on my pc. I've contacted microsoft support and instead of solving the problem, they told me to...
  4. Store experience host

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store experience host: Hi all, I'm trying to install a program and when I double click to install a white screen pops up - but it doesn't relay to the program. In my task manager it says the Store Experience Host is running but not using any processor capacity which is a bit odd to me but the...
  5. Store Experience Host

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store Experience Host: So I didn't have a problem with Store Experience Host before but now it is acting up I can't even download 64bit java because Store Experience Host is opening and just starts to load like it is buffering is there anyway to disable is i really need 64bit java!...
  6. windows shell experience host

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows shell experience host: A new program showed up on my computer with the latest Micro Soft upgrade called "windows shell experience host," two days ago. It comes up in a window when I boot up, and wants me to allow it access. Anyone ever heard of it? It wants me to let it on my system, but my...
  7. Store experience host ...

Store experience host ...: Hey guys I was cleaning some store apps and accidentally deleted store experience host Is this needed? 135338
  8. Microsoft to make cross-platform experiences with Windows 10 better

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to make cross-platform experiences with Windows 10 better: Microsoft’s efforts to make Windows Phone a popular mobile operating system turned out to be unsuccessful and they eventually had to pull the plug on Windows 10 Mobile. Microsoft has instead shifted their concentration to iOS and Android. Microsoft has a lot of applications...
  9. Store experience host

Store experience host: After clean install i found new apps Store experience host In apps list What this is? I can view and delete 91977
  10. Cross-device experience with Project Rome

in Windows 10 News
    Cross-device experience with Project Rome: Overview Today we live in a multi-device world, and the way we use them spans different platforms and form factors: We read the morning news on our tablets, check email during the morning commute on our phones and at work on our desktop PCs. And at night, we watch movies...