Windows 10: Cross icon when I search apps on my windows search bar

Discus and support Cross icon when I search apps on my windows search bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I try to search up some apps on my windows search bar I noticed that the apps' icons are not appearing or it appears as a white cross with a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SofiaMika, Sep 1, 2020.

1. SofiaMika Win User

Cross icon when I search apps on my windows search bar

When I try to search up some apps on my windows search bar I noticed that the apps' icons are not appearing or it appears as a white cross with a black background. Cross icon when I search apps on my windows search bar 51aa9266-8a4e-49e7-ae4b-bc40201c9167?upload=true.png

:)

SofiaMika, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Sep 1, 2020
  3. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Cross icon when I search apps on my windows search bar

Unable to search files using Windows search bar

Hi Jill,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would recommend you to run
    search and indexing troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting on the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Type indexing on the search bar and click on click on
      search and indexing.

• Click on Advanced on the search and indexing dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      search and indexing troubleshooter.
    Please be informed that, it is not possible to revert back to the Windows 7 Start menu. However, I suggest you to give your valuable feedback and suggestion using Windows feedback app.

Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Cross icon when I search apps on my windows search bar

1. Cross icon when I search apps on my windows search bar - Similar Threads - Cross icon search

2. App icons in the search bar missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App icons in the search bar missing: When ever I go to search for apps through the taskbar search, none of the proper app icons appear.This happened yesterday and I figured if I just restarted it would go away. I don't remember touching any settings that could possibly do this. If anyone knows how to fix this it...
  3. App icons in the search bar missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App icons in the search bar missing: When ever I go to search for apps through the taskbar search, none of the proper app icons appear.This happened yesterday and I figured if I just restarted it would go away. I don't remember touching any settings that could possibly do this. If anyone knows how to fix this it...
  4. App icons in the search bar missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. search bar icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search bar icon: After the update there is an icon at the search bar which is not there before, how to delete the icon? anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-icon/a95f5e3f-1577-40ad-8def-e6544fd3d41a
  6. search bar icon

in Cortana
    search bar icon: After the update there is an icon at the search bar which is not there before, how to delete the icon? anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-icon/a95f5e3f-1577-40ad-8def-e6544fd3d41a
  7. App Icons missing in Windows Search Bar

in Cortana
    App Icons missing in Windows Search Bar: Hello, I've been having this problem for 2 months where the app icons of certain applications duch as those from MS Store are missing in the search bar, however apps that I installed seperately load up correctly, I found a question similar to this but the answer didn't help...
  8. Windows App Icon Missing in Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows App Icon Missing in Search Bar: Whenever I search for a windows application I'm presented with the icon as depicted as in the screenshot, it's been like this for 3 weeks now. I've restarted, updated, scanned for viruses (I use K7) my pc but all these efforts yielded nothing. I am worried if it;'s anything...
  9. Icons of the apps in the search bar are not visible.

in Cortana
    Icons of the apps in the search bar are not visible.: [ATTACH] As you see in the pictures, it has been like this for over a month. I have tried :sfc /scannow DISM command And updated my windows to the latest version 20H2 I was thinking of system restoring my windows but I thought maybe here I can be helped....
  10. Windows Search Bar App Icons not showing their icons.

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar App Icons not showing their icons.: Hi, I'm dealing with an issue where ONLY Windows UWP apps don't show their icons but only show and photo icon blank. [ATTACH] Above shows me searching up 'Settings' and it comes up with the blank photo. You can also see 'Steam' come up a non-UWP app; but 'Alarms & Clock'...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. Search bar shows x icons

3. Search icons displaying x

4. Search icons show cross windows 10